Las Vegas C Neighborhood 4 Plex Apartment

Las Vegas C Neighborhood 4 Plex Apartment

Real Estate Agent · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2016 · 589 posts · 275 votes

Investment Info:

Small multi-family (2-4 units) buy & hold investment.

Purchase price: $290,000
Cash invested: $10,150

Bought a semi distressed 4 plex on a FHA loan in May of 2015. I house hacked it and did a BRRRR.
I bought this apartment from an out of state owner, it required light rehab which I funded with a 203k loan and moved to each unit after the rehab was complete.
I have learned much about valuation, property management, tenants, contracts, leases, market rents, etc.
Each unit is 850 a month generating $3400 a month income less debt service and property management. Looking to buy a mobile home park or multifamily next.

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

I wanted a low barrier of entry (FHA) to get into small multifamily investing and the value add to force appreciation element was also present as was the need of the out of state seller to sell.

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

Cold calling is how i found it.
Folllowing up and being in constant contact with the seller and getting quick Approval from my lender is how I got it.

How did you finance this deal?

FHA 3.5% down
203k loan for the rehab

How did you add value to the deal?

house hacking, and rehabbing the units 2 by one while working a 40 hour a week FT job

What was the outcome?

forced appreciation and many lessons in rehabbing and people management learned

Lessons learned? Challenges?

dealing with contractors and all the scams they try, how to hire for jobs and pay by the job not by the hour. You control the deal and always have checks and balances along the way.

Did you work with any real estate professionals (agents, lenders, etc.) that you'd recommend to others?

No agents involved it was an off market deal

0Reply
14 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Panama City Beach, FL · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    We are about to purchase our first 4 plex in Las Vegas! We will buy and hold, rent 3 out. Do you have any helpful advice for our upcoming adventure? Thanks Whitney 

  • Real Estate Agent · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2016 · 589 posts · 275 votes
    7y

    @Whitney Grogan-Purry 

    Are you going to move here and live in the 4th unit? A house hack of sorts!! thats great, What kind of loan are you using and if your using a agent make sure you have a good one. If you need referrals I or anything I can assist as im boots on the ground here and know the market well. Do your due diligence as well. . . . . .

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.