I want to hear you brag!!

I want to hear you brag!!

Investor · Saint Louis, MO · Member since 2016 · 970 posts · 1k+ votes

Personally, I have some pride when I talk about the properties I own and slip income hints to friends/family who ask.

As a way to encourage more people to see what kind of financial success real estate investors can have, lets see what your after tax year income bracket is! (only real estate related income allowed)


This is how it works. doesn't matter if you buy and hold or flip/wholesale!

1. # of flips in 2015

2. # of wholesale deals in 2015

3. # of rental units/tenants in 2015. properties purchased before 2015 count too

4. 2015 after tax income

A:0-5k

B: 5k-10k

C: 10k-20k

D:20-50k

E:50k-100k

F:100k-250k

G:250k+

0Reply
10 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · San Marcos, TX · Member since 2015 · 272 posts · 360 votes
10y

Do you work for the IRS?

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Darren SagerPro Member
    Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    I prefer to be humble.

  • J. MartinPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    I measure my success by the flip flop tan between my toes ;)

    But I did add 4 more furnished rentals while on a multi-month road trip across the country, which has been on my list of things to do! ;) Here's a little brag from me.. Livin life ;)

    Hwy 1 near Monterey :)

    In AZ checking out ancient ruins in the hillsides with my sister :)

    Inner-tubing in Austin TX w/ @Lynn Currie

    The 'Ol Miss in New Orleans ;)

    Bonnaroo!!! Over towards Nashville...

    And after Atlanta, South Carolina, & Savannah, down to ride a cruiser on Jacksonville Beach.

    Drove about 6,000 miles over 2 1/2 months ;)

    Quit my 9-5 job the day before my 31st bday this year ;)

    Grew my gross rental income to $50K/mo, from a lot less the year before ;)

    Oversaw the launching of 4 new furnished rentals this month while I was out traveling, and organizing the Summit.

    And got my flip flop tan line nice and strong ;)

  • Investor · San Marcos, TX · Member since 2015 · 272 posts · 360 votes
    10y

    Do you work for the IRS?

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Leland Barrow:

    Do you work for the IRS?

     You're funny Leland.

  • Investor · Saint Louis, MO · Member since 2016 · 970 posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @J. Martin

    Thanks for the awesome response! That is what I was looking for. Dunno why people need to respond if it doesnt contribute to the post...

    bonnaroo too! I'm a festival goer myself but I'm more edc las vegas, Tommorrowworld, Ultra kinda guy. 

    Very awesome and super inspirational :)

  • Dan H.Pro Member
    Investor · Poway, CA · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    10y

    no purchases or flips for 2015.  

    After depreciating structures we are in D on our buy n hold. Note appreciation is not reflected.  Appreciation exceeded the income but less so than previous few years.  So 2015 was likely our worse year this decade. 

    2015 is not much to brag about for us. 

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2013 · 452 posts · 309 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @J. Martin:

    Inner-tubing in Austin TX w/ @Lynn Currie

    Wow J, look how you shrunk when in Austin! ;)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.