Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Sheldon Alex
Votes |
Reviewing Mixed-Use Long-Term Rental Deal

Sheldon Alex
Posted

Good day everyone! I’m back at it again! Some previous deals I shared came out to be complete duds! But this time, I thought I’d share a deal that, if everything executes to near perfection, would signal a victoriously blissful conclusion for the borrower and lender.

With this deal, I collaborated with three investors in the underwriting. In which case, they did a phenomenal job!

The borrower bought a deal that contained two properties on one lot. One was a SFR (4 bed / 2 bath) and the other was a duplex.

What was the purchase price?? $350,000. Thus a $341,777 loan was on the property.

The borrower rented one side of the duplex for $1,550. He acquired a tenant for the SFR at $2,550 a month, bringing his cash flow to $850 a month. The other side of the duplex he planned on renovating himself, with the goal of turning it into a STR.

Now, he was asking for $100,000.00 at a 20% flat rate for three months. A portion of it to reserve for refinancing and most of it to pay off credit cards and prior debt.

You maybe thinking, $100,000 to pay off debt? I thought the same thing when I initially looked at this deal. But then two of the investors I worked with analyzing this deal discovered an engrossing revelation…

Included in the documentation letter contained an appraisal report assessing the property at $610,000.00!! Not only that, the borrower got a pre-approved term sheet for $750,000 from a lender to refinance the property!!!

With that, the investor is challenging the first appraisal to see if there’s anymore value underneath the hood, which would signal a jubilant moment for him if more value is discovered.

But overall, purchasing at $350,000 was a complete steal!! With tremendous equity, positive cash flow, security against the property, and a pre-signed quit claim deed, a PML answering the call to action on this one could receive good short-term gains!

Overall would love to read everyone’s feedback. But on this one, I give credit to my collaborators identifying this one being a slam dunk!! I’m just a messenger on this one.