Realtors - Have you checked out the investors analysis in RPR

Realtors - Have you checked out the investors analysis in RPR

Residential Real Estate Broker · La Crosse, WI · Member since 2013 · 360 posts · 110 votes

I was checking out the Realtors Property Resource website (http://www.narrpr.com) and found it has a Property Analysis for Investors page that looks interesting. I know its not as good as BiggerPockets calculators :), but it may be worth a look.

You have to be a member of National Association of Realtors to check it out. Put in an address in the search bar and the Property Analysis link will be in a blue box in the property details page.

Check it out and post an opinion on value.

0Reply
42 views

Most Popular Reply

Lender · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2015 · 100 posts · 30 votes
11y

I have a real estate license and just took an introductory class in RPR today. I am not proficient in using the program. There is something you all need to know. Brokers have the option of "opting out" i.e. prohibiting their listings to show as available while they are on the market. They may also opt out of allowing them appear on the RPR website once they settle, although RPR monitors public records and will list them as a public record sale soon after settlement. Thus your information could be incaccurate. The largest independently owned real estate company in the US is located in my market (Washington, DC metro). They do not permit their listings to be shown on the RPR site so imagine how inaccurate a CMA could be! As a realtor, I subscribed to Get Smart Charts Pro. I have been advised by the Smart Charts trainer that all of the informaton in a local MLS is included in the Smart Charts product. I'll post more as I learn it.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Uxbridge, MA · Member since 2012 · 123 posts · 13 votes
    12y

    I keep forgetting to check it out.

  • Lender · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2015 · 100 posts · 30 votes
    11y

    I have a real estate license and just took an introductory class in RPR today. I am not proficient in using the program. There is something you all need to know. Brokers have the option of "opting out" i.e. prohibiting their listings to show as available while they are on the market. They may also opt out of allowing them appear on the RPR website once they settle, although RPR monitors public records and will list them as a public record sale soon after settlement. Thus your information could be incaccurate. The largest independently owned real estate company in the US is located in my market (Washington, DC metro). They do not permit their listings to be shown on the RPR site so imagine how inaccurate a CMA could be! As a realtor, I subscribed to Get Smart Charts Pro. I have been advised by the Smart Charts trainer that all of the informaton in a local MLS is included in the Smart Charts product. I'll post more as I learn it.

  • Lender · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2015 · 100 posts · 30 votes
    11y

    As a follow up to previous post, only members of the National Association of Realtors are permitted to access the RPR site. 

  • Burke, VA · Member since 2014 · 23 posts · 7 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Chris D.:

    I have a real estate license and just took an introductory class in RPR today. I am not proficient in using the program. There is something you all need to know. Brokers have the option of "opting out" i.e. prohibiting their listings to show as available while they are on the market. They may also opt out of allowing them appear on the RPR website once they settle, although RPR monitors public records and will list them as a public record sale soon after settlement. Thus your information could be incaccurate. The largest independently owned real estate company in the US is located in my market (Washington, DC metro). They do not permit their listings to be shown on the RPR site so imagine how inaccurate a CMA could be!  As a realtor, I subscribed to Get Smart Charts Pro. I have been advised by the Smart Charts trainer that all of the informaton in a local MLS is included in the Smart Charts product. I'll post more as I learn it.

    Wow I did not know that. Thanks for telling me. When I was going through data on RPR, I thought I found all I needed. Seems like I need to find verification of data presented in that website. They say they get their info from public records and MLS. By the time, MLS and Public records update their info on certain properties, would RPR automatically have those data as well..?

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2019 · 35 posts · 35 votes
    6y
    I use RPR ALL the time! In fact, I can pull up of state properties up with all of the properties info ***(-) real estate selling information in the state that I'm not licensed in. LOVE IT!
  • Real Estate Agent · Coral Springs, FL · Member since 2017 · 88 posts · 76 votes
    6y

    @Chris D.

    I just started using it and it really seems amazing. Turns out though it appears that South Broward and Miami Dade does not participate. I’m in North Broward, almost Boca. Not sure why but from what I see it is a wealth of info for my area.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.