Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Local Real Estate Networking
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Eric S.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Concord, NH
Votes |
Central Connecticut Strategy?

Eric S.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Concord, NH
Posted

Hello and thanks in advance for anyone willing to respond to this. After swallowing some lumps thanks to one thread I posted back in April, I should (crossed fingers, no blown furnaces or sheard off roofs) be in a good position next year to reinvest.

This is hopefully not a beat the dead horse, "where is the best cash flow in X" post, more of a strategy question for anyone who knows the market in CT.

Here is what my limited knowledge/intuition tells me: Waterbury, Bridgeport, parts of Hartford cash flow best because of the inherent risk, lower fairfield county cash flows worst (today) because of NYC effect on price/rent, and there is an in-between SOMEWHERE.

I think that somewhere is in the central part of the state between route 8 and 91 north of new haven, east of waterbury. I also am focusing here because its not far from me ;)

My question is has anyone had success in this area and if so, what strategy has it been? Again in my limited knowledge it seems like multi-family has the better numbers but I could be wrong. I'm basing what I see off the 1% rule for SFH, and cap rate values based on 50% rule for multi-family.

Again thanks in advance.

Loading replies...