Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Local Real Estate Networking
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Adam Sha
Votes |
Which city would be the best investment for 2024

Adam Sha
Posted Jul 6 2024, 09:53

Which city would be the best investment for 2024 among Little Rock, AR, Atlanta, GA, and Nashville, TN for a buy-and-hold strategy aimed at long-term appreciation? Looking for a single family homes or multi-family duplex. also which areas would you invest if not the ones I mentioned above. landlord friendly states is a must for me.

User Stats

Votes
Sheryl Sitman
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Replied Jul 7 2024, 07:28

The absolute best city or town to invest in ( do not get stuck on the notion of investing in major metros or you will miss out on many interesting opportunities) is . . . the one where you have a team you can trust, where you are able to learn the market and its nuances and get to a point where you are comfortable doing business there because you know how things work and what the market requires for success. Focusing on the "landlord friendly" state concept is wrong - clearly many successful investors continue to invest in what can be labeled as non landlord friendly states.  There are challenges everywhere for different reasons -- weather, building codes, tenant culture, competitive market, high cost of labor.  Look at your investment decisions holistically.  It's as easy to fail or to run into problems in the "friendly" states as it is in the "unfriendly" states. And possible to succeed EVERYWHERE. I do not know the markets you mention, but wonder how numbers could work today in a very mature market like Nashville with a current seemingly high vacancy rate due to lots of development in recent years. Good luck!

User Stats

Votes
Luka Milicevic
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Nashville, TN
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Nashville, TN
Replied Jul 8 2024, 07:56

@Adam Sha

The only person that can properly answer this question is someone that analyses markets on a national level or someone that invests in all 3 of these markets.

The answers you're going to get from everyone on this forum that falls outside of the above is going to simply tell you their market is the best market. 

In my case, I fall into the latter - I only invest locally therefore the Nashville market is the best for two reasons.

1 - I sell real estate in Nashville and I have an incentive for you to choose this market.

2- I know absolutely nothing about the other markets mentioned in your post. 

Outside of that.....

There are certain areas in the surrounding counties of greater Nashville that are very much worth looking into. There are areas in the path of progress right now that are still relatively affordable and have decent rent to value ratios and are poised for long term appreciation. 

The stadium deal downtown is also going to transform the city in ways us locals can't yet comprehend. 

If you do want to discuss the market more, please feel free to reach out and I can talk to you about it as much as you'd like. 

• Real Estate Agent Tennessee (#358883)

Middle TN Home Alliance Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes