Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Akshay Bhaskaran
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
My BRRR Deal! ;)

Akshay Bhaskaran
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Posted

Below is the thorough analysis of my recent BRRR deal. Let me know your thoughts:

Buy:
- It was an off-market property, and the asking price was $232,500
- My hard-money lender said he'd finance 80% of the as-is property value.
- The as-is value was $265,000, and I was able to get a short-term loan for $212,000 (0.80 * $265,000)
- My down from hand was ($232,500 - $212,000) = $20,500
- Including the closing costs, appraisal, inspection, and all other charges, my total BUY was $32,598

Rehab:

-
It was a fixer upper. Just cosmetic rehab. Fresh coat of paint, new LVP flooring, landscaping, fixtures, some basic service, and deep cleaning
- It was a total of $14,091, and it was from my pocket. Didn't go with HML/PML for this.

Refinance:

- After fixing up, the property's new appraised value (or After-Repair Value - ARV) was $312,500
- Lender was able to give me 75% of the appraised value as the conventional loan
- Conventional loan was $234,375 (0.75 * $312,500), and they gave me back the difference between this conv. loan and the short term loan ($234,375 - $212,000) = $22,375 to me as loan modification
- Refinance closing cost (incl. appraisal and others) was $13,502

Overall BRRR Analysis:

Purchase cost:           $32,598
Amount on rehab:    $14,091
Refinance closing:    $13,502
--------------------------------------------
Total in the deal:      $60,191
Loan modification:  $22,375
(Lender gave back)
NET IN THE DEAL:   $37,816

Why is BRRR so great compared with conventional? With just 12.10% down, I was able to get 25% equity in the property :) 

Loading replies...