Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat

User Stats

Votes

Best zip codes to invest?

Agustin Silveyra
Posted May 21 2024, 21:17

What do you guys think are the best zip codes in south Florida for fix and flips? I’m looking to invest in this area and would love your feedback!!

User Stats

Votes
Jeremy Fleming
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied May 22 2024, 05:59

Here are a few zip codes you might want to check out:

33127 (Miami) - This area includes neighborhoods like Wynwood and Allapattah. It's known for its vibrant street art and bustling nightlife, which makes it appealing for younger buyers or investors looking for properties with a cool, urban vibe.

33311 (Fort Lauderdale) - Located in central Broward County, this zip code covers parts of Fort Lauderdale and is one of the more affordable areas for property investments in the region. It’s close to beaches and has a mix of residential options, which could be great for flipping.

33401 (West Palm Beach) - This area is in the heart of West Palm Beach and has a mix of old and new properties, many of which could benefit from updates. It’s near entertainment districts and good schools, making it attractive for families.

33134 (Coral Gables) - This zip code includes Coral Gables, known for its Mediterranean-style homes and upscale living. The area offers higher-end flips but comes with a higher buy-in cost. However, the returns could be significant due to the desirability of the location.

33020 (Hollywood) - This part of Hollywood, FL, has varied real estate offerings and is relatively more affordable than its more famous neighbors. It’s an excellent spot for flipping properties aimed at middle-income buyers.

Each of these zip codes offers different advantages depending on what you’re looking for in terms of community, property type, and investment scale. It’s always a good idea to visit the areas, connect with local real estate experts, and really get a feel for the market dynamics. Plus, keeping an eye on market trends and potential future developments can really give you an edge in making a smart investment. Happy house hunting!

User Stats

Votes
Jake Baker
Tax & Financial Services
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Tax & Financial Services
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Replied May 22 2024, 07:26

@Agustin Silveyra

I personally flip in the C and B class neighborhoods. Flip tend not to sit as long since there is such a need for affordable housing right now. I'm just up the road in Jacksonville. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Khalid Bryan
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Replied May 22 2024, 07:42

33304 has been a hot spot for me lately! I go to city spotlights to see whats going on where and there is ALOT of development and Redevelopment. Everyone I've sold a property to in this area in the past couple years are already celebrating equity, and increased rents. You also need to look at changes in public transit. They are expanding the Fort Lauderdale Airport. Multiple train stops. New Electric Busses. More is coming to Fort Lauderdale Beach. Just drive around and notice how many cranes are up. (They only put the crane up when the project is around 50% sold out already.)

User Stats

Votes
Bob Stevens
Pro Member
#4 Starting Out Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Votes |
Pro Member
#4 Starting Out Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Replied May 22 2024, 08:57
Quote from @Agustin Silveyra:

What do you guys think are the best zip codes in south Florida for fix and flips? I’m looking to invest in this area and would love your feedback!!

NONE, FL is heading for a correction. Look at the DOM, and price reductions everywhere. Also since you have ZERO experience, I strongly suggest a big NO.

User Stats

Votes
Branden Rivero
  • Investor
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Miami, FL
Replied May 22 2024, 12:03

My suggestion as someone who currently has 6 fix and flips and 5 new builds in progress throughout Dade and Broward is to fix and flip anywhere the numbers make sense. If you limit yourself to a zip code or two I do not see you doing consistent flips.

User Stats

Votes
Robert Ellis
Agent
  • Developer
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Agent
  • Developer
  • Columbus, OH
Replied May 25 2024, 18:33

33150 best urban zip for development in my opinion with most upside and most underpriced land.we look at deliveries 2x under the middle and it's one of the fastest and highest appreciating zips due to it's proximity to north beach. I underwrote 500 deals this year so far and that's by far the best. it's also in a CRA which makes lending opportunities endless in miami  

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 27 2024, 06:16

Jeremy Great post

Find a good realtor that can help you with the research. 

Not the ones that shows home the one that invest in homes. 

Luis Maqueira MMP