Considering starting a fix and flip in the Fort Lauderdale area

Considering starting a fix and flip in the Fort Lauderdale area

Scarsdale, NY · Member since 2017 · 19 posts · 8 votes

I'm a new real state investor from out-of-state who is considering investing in fix-and-flips in the Fort Lauderdale area. 

I've got flexibility from my "day job" to work from anywhere (I'm a remote worker) so I'm willing to be on the ground to make this a successful business. Additionally, being out of state, I'm planning on networking as much as possible with locals (via BP, local meetups, real state investment clubs, etc.) to get a "good pulse/feel" for the local market before my first deal.

I've got the following questions:

1) How realistic is it to find great deals (net ROIs > 30%) with $150K total to invest in Fort Lauderdale? With this kind of cash I'd have to target the low end of the market (under $100K) which, in general, is where there is fierce competition;

2) Would you recommend targeting more affordable markets such as Tampa and Jacksonville to increase my chances of success? 

3) How realistic is it to make this a success given that I'm out-of-state? I figure a considerable learning curve is need to learn the local market and establish trusted relationships.

Thanks in advance for your answers!

0Reply
32 views

Most Popular Reply

Flipper · Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2017 · 182 posts · 98 votes
8y

Personally doing fix and flip in Fortmyers and Lehigh acres.   Deal is hard to find. Tough market for sure. I don't know how these people make 60K+ profits in 100k-200k flips here.  I usually net about 30k in this price range. 

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    8y

    Tough market as is most of FL. If interested in Tampa, contact @Jeff Copeland. Excellent honest BROKER.

  • Flipper · Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2017 · 182 posts · 98 votes
    8y

    Personally doing fix and flip in Fortmyers and Lehigh acres.   Deal is hard to find. Tough market for sure. I don't know how these people make 60K+ profits in 100k-200k flips here.  I usually net about 30k in this price range. 

  • Scarsdale, NY · Member since 2017 · 19 posts · 8 votes
    8y

    @John Thedford  Thanks for the honest feedback. Much appreciated. Other areas/states you'd suggest?

    @Kevin Dong Thanks for the honest feedback. Much appreciated. Other areas/states you'd suggest?

  • Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Nilton Santos:

    @John Thedford  Thanks for the honest feedback. Much appreciated. Other areas/states you'd suggest?

    @Kevin Dong Thanks for the honest feedback. Much appreciated. Other areas/states you'd suggest?

     You CAN do it..but have to market for your leads. Agent's aren't magicians and in this kind of  market, with everyone "investing", it is tough.

  • Real Estate Broker · Fort Lauderdale · Member since 2018 · 15 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    @kevin dong deals are out there. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.