Wanna know how to target motivated home sellers on Facebook? Then, this is for you!
I've read some people asking how to target motivated sellers using digital marketing, so here is a simple answer...
- 1 way to target real estate sellers is by using the Facebook advertising detailed targeting features. They're incredibly advanced because Facebook keeps track of everything we all do while logged in on Facebook.
Facebook is also partnering with other companies and credit card companies that track our behaviors and what we spend our money on!
You can target homeowners + likely to move.
Homeowners + multi-family.
Homeowners + single family.
- Another way is buying motivated seller leads. There are multiple websites that sell leads like that.
Then, you upload the list they give you to Facebook by going to 'Audiences' and then 'Create Custom Audience'.
Let me know, if you have any questions!
@Alex Capozzolo for Facebook advertising I believe the budget should be very "fluid" depending on your outcome.
What I mean is that first you invest a little, check out the results and if you like the results, spend more.
If you don't like the results tweak something, spend a little and analyse until you get the results you want.
If you're making money with your advertising, then find out a way to be able to spend millions of dollars (step by step).
In the beginning, you can see if something is going to be worth it for around $100 (depending on your local area this budget may vary).
If you like the results, keep spending that much until you close the deals.
Once you have cash the checks, increase your advertising budget as much as possible (gradually), so you make as much as possible.
Isn't it addicting??? Lol
@Sean Dolan a lot of people buy those motivated seller leads to send letters or postcards to them (which cost money too) or to call them (which cost time, and time = money).
So if you can advertise to those same seller leads via Facebook so they see your message and your brand and/or your face for less than what it costs to send them a letter or postcard, then why not?
Also... if you have the budget, you can contact them via Facebook ads, mail and phone (or just 2 of those ways).
The more touch points you make with your potential client, the better!
@Ramon Polo Good advice. It's always slightly nerve-racking to pour more marketing budget into an avenue that you've never tried before, but the outcome could be very worth it and we won't know until campaigns are tested, measured, and tweaied like you mentioned. Facebook has over 1 billion users on it, I'd say it's time to take advantage of that!
@Sean Dolan it's clear to me that you're ABSOLUTELY speaking outside of your expertise (or you're intentionally trying to mislead the members of this community).
If you ever bought any leads in your life, you would know that there are countless resources that provide leads' phone numbers.
I will list you a few resources where provide phone numbers so next time you can do your own research before looking like an ignorant person.
http://www.zbuyer.com/lp_choose_pro.aspx?MID=39
http://success.marketleader.com/l/42972/2017-02-16...
https://www.searchbug.com/batch/phone-name-address...
The MLS
There are many more online.
P.S. I can't believe you weren't aware of all these services! It seems you still have a lot to learn, so let me know, if you ever need some advice (real estate and politeness wise).
@Ramon Polo Interesting idea! Couple questions if you wouldn't mind sharing:
(1) when you say buy "motivated seller leads", are you referring a a ListSource type owner list with mailing addresses, commonly used for direct-mail marketing?
(2) if that's the case, typically, it doesn't have e-mails or phone numbers in my experience. So your saying use a different service to pull e-mail/phone numbers? What would be the best service for this specific task - I see you listed a bunch. (I use some other services to do this; but it wouldn't work on a "mass scale")
(3) (1) & (2) are very interesting and make a lot of sense. But, regarding the Facebook "detailed targeting features" to create the custom audience, what features are you referring to?
Your post is one of the more thought provoking marketing concepts I've read in a long time. Seems extremely extremely powerful.
Thanks!
@Lucas Machado thank you for your inputs and questions. Your questions help me help you guys better!
I didn't want to mention any services so people don't think I was just trying to sell services, but since you ask, here are my inputs on some of these services...
1) I've personally used Landvoice (https://landvoice.com/). It's really robust and it gives you a crazy amount of leads with phone numbers included. You can get different types of leads.
I know a good number of people who use Mojo (http://www.mojosells.com/). Mojo's lead store has affordable packages, including the reverse look-up service.
SearchBug - https://www.searchbug.com/batch/phone-name-address... is a nice reverse look-up service website where you pay as you go. If you like ListSource, you can upload those leads to SearchBug, and it will try to find you all of their phone numbers.
You can also find independent lead vendors on different marketplaces.
Once you have that massive amount of phone numbers, you create a custom audience on Facebook and upload those phone numbers... And boom! Start showing up on their Facebook newsfeed! lol
3) On the 'detailed targeting' you can just type 'homeowner' and other keywords, and it will auto populate with different options.
You can also click on 'Browse' on the right of the search bar and you will see a big list of demographics, behaviors, etc.
To select the type of housing you want to target you would go to 'demographics' and there you can select the type of home you would like to target by size, value, type of residence, etc.
Let me know, if you have any questions, mate!
@Ramon Polo
My comment above was:
"You suggest buying the motivated seller leads to create custom audiences. If you already bought the motivated seller leads, why are you then recommending to build a custom audience to then pay to reach that person.... when you already have their lead. Wouldn't you want to just go ahead and contact the leads you already bought?"
Based on your response to that, I assumed you must be speaking of physical addresses, because it didn't make sense otherwise.
So again, if the scenario is that you have purchased phone numbers of people who are motivated sellers, why are you running ads to get their phone numbers? Why don't you just call them?
@Ramon Polo Unless these are very poor quality lists? If you have a very poor quality list of motivated seller leads, then I can see why you would create a custom audience to filter the good from the list. But, your premise was that you have a list of motivated sellers, not a list of folks who may or may not be motivated sellers. I can understand why you wouldn't want to call numbers from a poor quality list - that would be a waste of time, which is why you need to scale the process through FB custom audiences. But then, why would you buy a poor quality list, when you can do better than a poor quality list directly in Facebook, without the additional expense of purchasing the poor quality list, that you then will pay again to advertise on Facebook?
Great discussion Ramon.
You've hit on one part of the Facebook Ads formula in your initial post, which is proper targeting. That's already a huge improvement over what most people are doing.
A lot of people I talk to say they've tried Facebook Ads before and didn't have any luck with it. When I dig deeper it turns out they were just boosting random posts from their Fan page, which is basically just throwing money away.
Pointing out that people need to target homeowners that are likely to move is going to help out a lot. I'd also add in age based targeting and length of time at residence when testing out targeting.
The other big component of Facebook ad success is messaging, but that deserves it's own post.
Thank you, @Josh Plotkin!
You're right... Facebook ads is powerful, IF you do it right.
You need a lot of education, training, trial and error and perseverance to make it work.
That's why I've been educating myself and doing trainings worth tens of thousands of dollars.
Heart surgery is powerful too. It saves a lot of lives... BUT if I want to do heart surgery myself, I better educate and practice A LOT before doing heart surgery!
Same thing with any other powerful skill.
@Sean Dolan the key is to buy a high quality list of leads that includes phone numbers from Landvoice, or other services or vendors... or to get the phone numbers from lists with no phone numbers with reverse look-up services like Mojo or SearchBug, and then upload them to Facebook.
When you buy leads, you have to spend either money, time, or time+money to contact them anyways with any form of communication... And Facebook can be the most cost and time efficient way to contact them.
Here are some reasons why...
1) Most of these leads haven't showed any interest in selling YET. Just because they're statistically in a good position to sell, maybe they haven't thought of selling yet. Which makes them cold leads.
2) Not everybody is good at cold calling.
3) Many people refuse to cold call.
4) Even if you want to cold call is not the most optimal way to grow a business. The most optimal way is to have multiple touch points and sources of leads.
5) This doesn't need to substitute cold calling. You can add this to the marketing strategy.
Why you can influence them to sell their house with Facebook and Instagram
If you're strategic with your marketing, you can show up on their Facebook and Instagram news feeds multiple times with multiple direct response messages and also interesting content (with retargeting and other strategies).
When they see your brand and consume your content or see your offers, they become WARM leads because they know your business and they're starting to think about selling.
Once they contact you to help them sell their house, or to ask you for an offer, they become HOT leads.
Now, let me ask you 2 questions:
1) Who do you prefer to contact and what's more time efficient? Cold leads or hot leads?
2) When you've been showing up on these people's cell phones and computers multiple times, and you've showed them you can sell their house fast, or you can close the transaction fast with a quick cash offer... And then some random dude cold calls them to buy their house... Who do you think they're going to go first? To you, or to the random dude who just cold called them and don't know anything about?
Just food for thought!
@Ramon Polo You call these lists "high quality" motivated seller leads, but also claim "most of these leads haven't showed interest in selling YET" - not showing interest in selling yet, by my definition, is not a motivated seller, much less a "high quality" motivated seller.
Feel free to DM me. Happy to chat over the phone, if it would be easier to explain it to me that way.
@Sean Dolan I don't know, man... It sounds like you're a little bit "green" in this subject...
I don't know why you're automatically assuming that are crappy leads when we're not talking about any specific type of leads or source. There are multiple great sources of high quality leads...
If you buy leads form ListSource, you're buying leads based on demographics and statistics. You're not buying leads that showed interest in selling yet.
If you buy FSBO or expired leads from Mojo, Landvoice, etc. Those leads already has shown interest in selling, but the competition is much higher, so there's going to be more people calling them.
You always have to stand out from the competition.
That particular tip was specifically for people who have experience buying leads and know the challenges and pros of buying leads.
I don't think that tip applies to you.
I still believe Facebook targeting is the most powerful way to target, but there are countless of people who buy leads, so I'm showing some neat things to take full advantage of the leads they buy.
Very cool Ramon, I'm taking notes.
So in this Ad campign, it's assumed I have a fb page for my biz. Do you suggest having a website or does the fb page work just as well? Where should I be directing them in the end?
So in your scenarios when I drive for dollars I can also take those addresses, use reverse look up and such, and in that manner use it to build a "custom audience" on fb. Is that right?
@Ramon Polo I don't know everything, but I have a great BS detector. Years of speaking (even keynoting) at national internet marketing conferences, and hiring dozens of digital marketers, I hear a lot of game - people who can talk all day, but when it comes down to it, can't deliver. Good luck with your hustle. I'm not buying it, but I'm sure someone here will. Had you handled this differently, and been able to answer the questions I asked without all the BS, maybe I would have referred you some of the 100+ leads in my pipeline looking for Facebook advertising (that, I generate through PPC). I'll leave it at that, and stop contributing to this post getting bumped to the top.
No, thank you, @Sean Dolan... I have NO interest to work with you! Lol
Stop trolling my discussion with BS.
@Joshua Howaniec you can take them to a landing page where you tell them that you can close fast with a cash offer. There they can put their contact information and address. Then, you follow up with them.
If you don't have or want a website, you can just direct them to Messenger so they send you a message directly to your business page. (This has been working well).
But I recommend you to always include your phone number, so they can call you directly too.
Regarding driving for dollars...
You're correct. You can jot down the address you find, do reverse-lookup to get their phone numbers and/or email addresses, and then you can upload those to your "custom audience".
When you advertise to custom audiences, you spend way less money to reach them too!
If you're willing to call, I would recommend to call them after a few days of showing up on their newsfeeds, so they already know you or your business, so they're more receptive and trust you better!
@Ramon Polo do you have a service that you use to do reverse phone lookups that gives you the prospect's cell phone number and not their home landline?
Facebook custom audiences are based off their mobile phone number and I have yet to find a way to look this up from someone's address.
@Michael McKay thanks for your response!
I don't think the services I mentioned in this discussion give you just their home landline...
Now that you mention it, I'm 90% sure that those services provide cell phone numbers (I'm called to my cell phone from random advertising on a regular basis because they get it from services like this).
But if you want to make sure you're getting their cell phones 100%... You can use nationalcellulardirectory.com
Also, you can use their email addresses to upload them to Facebook.
I hope it helps!
Doesn't sound like a very good way to find motivated sellers. If you are targeting homeowners + single family. That's a lot of wasted dollars. Sounds like your ads would get in front of people who own homes and are not motivated to sell their house.
Well get a virtual assistant to make your calls for you so much easier.
Go to: Fiverr
Or type in call centers for Real Estate Investors.
You don't have to worry about people acting stupid let the call center take the calls for inbound plus outbound.
Make sure it is inbound plus outbound have a script for what you want the people at the call center to mention for when the calls come in.
Pat live is only about $150.00 a month
Pat live only answers the calls with the script that you provide or they can help you with your script.
Plus you get a number for your business cards to give out the number for Pat live the call center to answer your calls. Pat live is 24-7 call center very friendly people.
Well I know I don't have to give out my number and Iet Pat live answer my calls for me. So if interested I call the people back
Well Fiverr is great also for the call center inbound plus outbound
So much more call centers
Type in Call Centers for Real Estate Investors check the reviews plus the ratings before using the call centers
Go look at blogs as well see what other people are doing if they have luck use it if not forget it
Later