Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Guru, Book, & Course Reviews
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Bob Woelfel
  • Investor/Agent
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
Living with a SEAL review

Bob Woelfel
  • Investor/Agent
  • Kansas City, MO
Posted

Just listened to the most recent podcast with Jesse Itzler a few days ago.  Decided to order his book "Living with a SEAL."  It came in the mail last night and I was able to knock out about 70 pages before bed and finished it up today.  I'm not even sure I have the words.  I couldn't put it down.  Just awesome.  It's amazing how our mind works and how we put limiting beliefs on what we can accomplish and what our bodies are capable of.  It was funny, refreshing and makes you take a serious look at yourself and all the BS reasons we give for not doing what we should be doing.  "It's too cold" or "it's too late" or "I'm busy now" are all things that just didn't fly in this book.  I envy the spirit and mental toughness that some people have and how they just will themselves to accomplish their goals.   I think most people struggle with "living their best life" and I'm certainly no different.  Life seems to have a way of getting in the way of what we really should be doing (our One Thing).  It's been a focus of mine recently to really narrow down on how I feel and what I want to accomplish.  I'm still trying to put together my goals for the next year actually because I'm trying to expand my comfort zone.  It's books like this and the inner reflection that occurs after is what's truly inspiring to me.  Just wanted to share with you all.

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs
Professional Services
Pro Member
#2 All Forums Contributor
  • Lender
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Votes |
Professional Services
Pro Member
#2 All Forums Contributor
  • Lender
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Replied

@Alex Franks  gave me that book and I read it.. I am a little long in tooth to do those hard of work out regimes but i passed it down to my grand son will see if he resonates.. you know these kids these days are really lacking becasue phys ed in schools is not what it used to be.

User Stats

Votes
Brian Ellis
  • Rental Property Investor
  • South shore, MA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • South shore, MA
Replied

@Bob Woelfel if you liked that book, id suggest reading (or listening) to the book that was written by that SEAL (I assume its the same one, since hes ran a few 100 mile marathons).

The audiobook version has a podcast built into it. Its all about mental toughness and callusing the mind through persistent hard work.

BiggerPockets logo
Network With Property Managers
|
BiggerPockets
Partnering with a property manager before you buy will boost your bottom line. Match and mingle with top property managers now!

User Stats

Votes
Bob Woelfel
  • Investor/Agent
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
  • Investor/Agent
  • Kansas City, MO
Replied

@Brian Ellis...yeah I've seen a number of his motivational videos on youtube.  His name is David Goggins.  About halfway through the book I started putting it together that it was the same guy.  They've got a "revealed" chapter at the end that confirms this and tells more of his story.  Thanks for the heads up.  I'll have to check it out.

@Jay Hinrichs...the workouts are probably the most eye opening part of the book, but I think the thing that most of us on this site can take away is just the mental toughness and getting outside of your comfort zone.  Getting comfortable being uncomfortable.  Those are skills at any age.  Thanks for commenting.

User Stats

Votes
Alex Franks
  • Rock Hill, SC
Votes |
  • Rock Hill, SC
Replied
@Jay Hinrichs

I was  one of the main folks in his online work out groups as well. Going from weights to calisthenics was a great change for me. Reading his book and following his story. Feel better, stronger than before but no pain from heavy lifting. I decided one-day last year to shoot for 2000 push-ups. I was at 1834 and stopped when my wife brought me home dinner. Yet it's a great book and a great lesson in pushing our bodies past what our mind thinks we can achieve.

Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:

@Alex Franks  gave me that book and I read it.. I am a little long in tooth to do those hard of work out regimes but i passed it down to my grand son will see if he resonates.. you know these kids these days are really lacking becasue phys ed in schools is not what it used to be.