Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 2 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Guru, Book, & Course Reviews
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Mark Forest
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Fenton, MI
Votes |
Matt Scott

Mark Forest
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Fenton, MI
Posted May 10 2011, 06:51

He talks about obtaining private money. Does anyone have opinions on him?

Account Closed
  • Kennesaw, GA
Votes |
  • Kennesaw, GA
Replied May 16 2014, 01:29

Matt Scott, Incite Venture Capital and his team can be summarized as follows: over priced, non responsive, non professional agreement breaking, chip on their shoulder and otherwise a bad investment. He says he has an attorney on staff but this is not true. His agreements to produce websites, venture plans, private placement memorandums, white papers and coaching give him zero liability or responsibility to honor his commitments. Shockingly he is never available to coach/ call one back after you give him money and become entrapped in his agreement. Matt Scotts's ever changing team does mean well. But by the way they perform Matt must over burden them with tasks outside their experience level. This is primarily what makes their work product substantially lacking in correct English grammar, legal protections, timely professionalism and many other ways any Securities Attorney will point out to investors. Matt says he works on the documents but if that is true elephants fly. One can not emphasize enough how unfortunate the work product investors receive is due to huge inconsistencies and other very unprofessional basic typos and SEC rule violations that open up investors up to huge liabilities. Matt does give an OK presentation if your looking to be sold. Investors considering his services should be very careful. His work products and many others can be found with simple google searches for free online. If your considering organizing a capital raise perhaps you should focus on large companies that advertise on the websites to be doing a capital raise with a debt offering. One can create his or her own Venture Plan / PPM then take it to a good Securities Attorney to have final touches performed by a licensed professional. Just the facts Jack.

User Stats

Votes
Kevin Amolsch
Lender
  • Real Estate Lender
  • Wheat Ridge, CO
Votes |
Lender
  • Real Estate Lender
  • Wheat Ridge, CO
Replied Jan 16 2015, 14:47

I have known and worked with Matt for years.I have attended his training and hired him as a consultant.He is hands down the best at what he does.I have personally raised over $50 million for my hard money lending company.I am grateful for a lot of people who helping me with this success and Matt is at or near the top of that list. My last offering was has been a real challenge and Matt has stuck with it for over a year.Never swaying from his commitment to me and my success.You need to be willing to take his advice and work hard but his stuff works.I would whole heartedly recommend him to anyone who is serious about raising private money.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
George Rodriguez
  • Investor
  • Aurora, IL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Aurora, IL
Replied Jan 19 2015, 05:13

I agree with Kevin Almosch ( above ) about Matt Scott's commitment to help me in with my success. He has been more than patient with me in the last few years. His knowledge and expertise is great . I also feel confident with his staff, which is readily available and courteous. I disagree with Best Properties ( post above )as I have given Matt Scott money and I can always get him on the phone if I need to. I'd highly recommend Matt Scott and his services to those that are serious about raising money.

User Stats

Votes
Thomas McPherson
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
  • Phoenix, AZ
Replied Jan 21 2015, 17:07

I have known Matt for nearly 5 years and he completed a good, clean, and very appealing PPM for me. He provided great guidance and support while I was starting out in the "private capital" space which has allowed me to achieve financials prosperity in just 4 short years. 

If you are considering raising money Matt Scott and his team have provided me with a great service and I would recommend them highly. YOU must also be willing to put in the work that is required to get a PPM from draft to completion. It sounds like the person above either wasn't ready, didn't put in the work needed, or is just another internet troll out to bash someone for no good reason.

IM me if you have further questions about Matt Scott and I am more than happy to go over the good, the bad, and the ugly! 

User Stats

Votes
Scott Britton
  • Wholesaler
  • Ridgeland, MS
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Ridgeland, MS
Replied Feb 3 2015, 09:43

I have been to three of Matt Scott's seminars. All of them excellent. He delivers pure content with no hype. I understand why some people may not like this... but for me, I don't want the hype and platform sales. i want real usable content. As a result, I retained Matt to help me put together a PPM. I found he and his staff to be extremely responsive and helpful. I have gotten to know Matt very well over the years and consider him a good friend. If you are interested in raising private capital, there is no one better to help you. Matt is on the cutting edge in this arena. Highly recommended.

User Stats

Votes
Steve Sparks
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • cincinnati, OH
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • cincinnati, OH
Replied Feb 12 2015, 06:14

I am actually kind of astonished by this. I met Matt Scott about 4 years ago at a real estate convention. I have since hired Matt to do various things for me. I have never been disappointed and have actually thought he pays an extreme amount of attention to my needs for the price he charges. He is the foremost authority on Private money marketing. How keep it legal of course but more importantly how to do if effectively. From designing the marketing materials to engaging and closing the prospective investor Matt and his team have every aspect of this training covered. I have refrreed several others to him and all have been extremely happy. Like anything.. when you pay for training and support you have to put in the time on your own as well to see the results, unfortunately it does not come with a magic bag of dust, but if you are looking to find the right path in this marketplace you are in good hands with Matt and his team.

User Stats

Votes
Kevin Wittenauer
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Moline, IL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Moline, IL
Replied Feb 20 2015, 04:48

Disclosure: Previous, current and future purchaser of Matt Scott's services.

I have personally used Matt Scott and Incite Venture Capital to create my fixed income fund. I have nothing but high marks for them. I feel that they have over-performed for the price and are a great value compared to the prices paid by my peers. His team was easy to work with while being thorough and responsive. The phone calls and questions were always answered by a real person and in a timely fashion.

The marketing package that they created is second to none. I have been told by several of my clients that it was is one of the most professional and informational offerings that they had ever seen.

Matt is like a mentor or a coach all the way through the process. You can expect to pay for either. Free advice is worth what you pay for it.

I especially liked Matt's process of creating my business plan as it forced me to really think about it, get it right and make it easily understood by my clients.

His process for the offering also made me think about transparency and other ethical issues that are required by law to be disclosed in the offering. This is what impressed me the most with regards to Matt and his ethics. There are many scammers out there, with histories (criminal and financial) that they are not proud of, trying to raise money. Matt forces his clients to keep to the letter of the law and disclose everything required by law.

Judging by Best Properties rant (above) I would say that some self-examination may be in order.

User Stats

Votes
George Rodriguez
  • Investor
  • Aurora, IL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Aurora, IL
Replied Jun 16 2015, 13:21

This is a reposting of a previous post

I value Matt Scott's commitment to help me in with my success. He has been more than patient with me in the last few years. His knowledge and expertise is great . I also feel confident with his staff, which is readily available and courteous. I disagree with Best Properties ( post above )as I have given Matt Scott money and I can always get him on the phone if I need to. I'd highly recommend Matt Scott and his services to those that are serious about raising money.

Jorge