Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Guru, Book, & Course Reviews

User Stats

Votes
Jenny Pour
  • Beverly Hills, CA
Votes |
Daymond John & Doug Hopkins Success Formulas

Jenny Pour
  • Beverly Hills, CA
Posted Jan 11 2018, 13:51

These 2 may have already been listed but just wanted to make sure they are on the list of Guru's that use their celeb status to lure people in. I'm assuming the structure is similar to others. Essentially you go to a free one then they get you to sign up for a $2,000 one then they get you to sign up for packages ranging from $20,000 to $50,000 I believe it is. And you may be thinking to yourself that you’d never do that or fall for that but you’d be amazed at how good these speakers are about psychologically planting seeds in your head each step of the way and also making you believe they have your best interest at heart. They even teach you how to get credit line increases twisting it as if they’re teaching you business skills then 2 days later tell you about these programs and mention that it can be put on credit cards as well. Or split between a few. They also emphasize mentors the whole time, getting everyone to ask “well how do we get one?” And the last day they tell you they’ll provide one for you if you buy the most expensive package. They’ll also tell people different prices but make you think otherwise. Message me if you want more details or proof

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Platter
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Minneapolis, MN
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Minneapolis, MN
Replied Jan 11 2018, 14:19

Hi @Jenny Pour ,

Could you please clarify if you are advertising a service, training, or access to something of value? I'm honestly unable to determine if you are offering access to a program or are venting about a bad experience you had after spending $20k on a program.

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Michael
  • Lender
  • Frederick/ Falls Church DC, Maryland & Virginia
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Frederick/ Falls Church DC, Maryland & Virginia
Replied Jan 11 2018, 14:51

@Nathan Platter Your comment made me laugh. 

I went to the free Success Formula workshop as I go to just about every free (or paid) educational event I can fit in.  Its painfully clear that this is just another sales pitch and step 1 of them getting you locked into a coaching program but I suppose some newer investors still don't recognize whats happening.  That being said does that make them wrong?  No.  I go to these events with an open mind knowing I am walking into a sales pitch but its still worth my time and here is why. 

First, if I walk away with just one nugget of information that I can take home and continue to research then my time will have been worth it.  Secondly, these are great places to network with like minded individuals.  

One of my goals for 2018 was to create 2 new streams of revenue.  This (free) event gave tremendous information on FBA, branding, product sourcing, etc  Not enough to be comprehensive but certainly enough to spark my interest and warrant further research.  That's exactly what I did.   Since then I have set up various meetings with local retailers to buy excess inventory for pennies on the dollar.  I am not 100% set up yet but I have already learned a lot and the plan is in motion.  The point being this entire revenue stream that I never considered came from one free event. 

I know a lot of people take issue with the high costs of some of these programs but like anything else, you get what you put into it.  If paying a high sticker price for a coaching program does not motivate you to take action then its unlikely a really cheap one would.  The truth is they work great for some people but are not everybody is a fit.  If you do not believe you will get a return on your money then do not stroke the check.      

Rental Home Council logo
Rental Home Council
|
Sponsored
Advocating for Single-Family Rental Housing Drive rental policy change. Protect your investments with a National Rental Home Council membership.

User Stats

Votes
Adam Dahlberg
  • Chandler, AZ
Votes |
  • Chandler, AZ
Replied Jan 11 2018, 14:57

I went to a similar 'Money Grab' event... mine cost me 100k and 4 years of training. When I got done I didn't even use the skills I had been 'tricked' into paying for... and nobody held my hand and made me a million dollars 1-day out of training. They expected me to do the work myself! Then took every dime I had to my name - every year... what a rip-off!! 

It was called College. 

Education is something a lot of people are willing to pay for, some aren't and use self-education (like this site). Either you use the skills and systems you are taught, or you don't. Your choice to pay, and your choice to play. 

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Bridgewater
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Jan 22 2018, 17:56

I'm a fresh attendee of the 2k portion. I thought it was all good information. But yeah, the software they use is amazing and looks to be the linchpin along with the mentor access and going to the seminars and stuff, which are bonuses.... But I did find lots of value........... But my problem is, I left with 90% of so many areas of knowledge and that 10% of what I need is crucial... I don't have a problem finding out the information on  my own, but it would be nice to have some more guidance... Like I want to start with the wholesaling, but I don't have buyers... So then I think to myself, why wouldn't a buyer just be finding property without me... Wouldn't they be looking at the same stuff I'm looking at?? But then I see so many people doing it and I'm like, damn... How do I do it? And I have no contracts and no lawyer... 

I guess I feel like I was promised that I could start the next day... Which in theory, I have access to 500k to buy property So i could, but I can't use that to flip houses, only to wholesale... So I just feel like, well what do I do now? 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 29 2018, 06:55

My wife is at a workshop right now over this past weekend for 3 days ‘  they are trying to upsell her to a package of $40,000 that  promises her to get a mentor ‘   And moving in the business  Business  quickly ‘  what I don’t like is they want you to put a deposit down before you leave and in 3 weeks you have to pay the balance ‘  I’m very skeptical about that   ‘Has anyone actually did this program and had  is it too positive results or had some success ?  Also I’m wondering is there another upsell after you pay that much money and do they offer a better payment plan than  what they’re actually letting you know 

User Stats

Votes
Dina Miller
  • Round Rock, TX
Votes |
  • Round Rock, TX
Replied Jul 31 2018, 15:08

@Kevin Saunderson sending you a message 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Aug 6 2018, 16:01

We just purchased the 3 day conference package. These comments are making me nervous. Has anyone been? Worth it? I'm within my 3 days to cancel still. Any feedback is appreciated! 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Aug 20 2018, 09:22

In late February, me and a guest purchased the 3-day Doug Hopkins Real Estate Course taught by Matt Davis, paying a $1,997 tuition. We were promised a full tuition refund provided we completed at least one real estate deal within 90-days of completion of the course. Shortly afterwards we purchased a single-family home in Danville, VA. We spent several thousand dollars to rennovate the home, and we successfully vetted/approved a tenant and signed a lease all within 70-days of course completion. Then we submitted the required documentation to evidence the deal from start to finish, all before the end of the 90-day guarantee period. This was evidenced by registered, certified mail receipt. It has now been over 6-months and we've heard nothing from Doug Hopkins Real Estate regarding our tuition refund per the guarantee. Unfortunately, today (Monday, August 20, 2018), I was left with no other option, but to retain an attorney here in Washington, D.C. to assist us in getting our tuition refund as promised by Doug Hopkins Real Estate and the instructor Matt Davis, in Salt Lake City, UT. The only saving grace is that I didn't purchase the Doug Hopkins Real Estate advance real estate courses that were offered for $30,000+.

Buyer beware.

Sincerely, 

R. Todd Lacks

Washington, DC 20024 

8/20/2018

User Stats

Votes
Replied Aug 23 2018, 19:38
@Melinda Motter hey Melinda I just purchased the 3 day training did you get your money back or did you attend, was it worth it for you?

User Stats

Votes
Replied Aug 24 2018, 05:07
@Jenny Pour hey Jenny, can you message me more information about this I just bought their program last night and I dont know if it’s too late to cancel.

User Stats

Votes
Alfonso Aguilar
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Huntington Beach, CA
Votes |
  • Huntington Beach, CA
Replied Sep 10 2018, 00:37
@Nathan Platter I’m interested to know from you, have you or anyone you know been through the $2k and/or above Course and Which ever you answer can you elaborate on the answer. I went to the free Damian John “Shark Tank” but I didn’t pay the $1,997.00 .

User Stats

Votes
Alfonso Aguilar
  • Huntington Beach, CA
Votes |
  • Huntington Beach, CA
Replied Sep 10 2018, 01:03
@Brandon Bridgewater, Thanks for sharing yes same here our stories are similar, at our free seminar they said if we went to the $1,997.00 seminar that would be all we needed to pay to get all the tools, numbers, resources AND A LIST of over 3,000 money lenders because we are now part of Damian John/Doug Hopkins Network and they where there to GIVE us their resources. Which after asking many times throughout the 3 days about the list of 3,000 + MONEY LENDERS that would not Need our Credit and we would not need Our money to buy and they said it was all going to be given out on day three we’ll guess what, it came to the point the speaker said the final paper to be handed out was a questionnaire aboIt what we thought a out the Seminar, I Again and this time I was louder I asked where is the list, he said for those who did NOT pay the 20k+ VIP upgrade we have a packet with the info as you walk out the door. We’ll CAUTION to anyone who is thinking of paying 2k THERE IS NO LIST of 3000+ CONTACTS . There is a list of struggling banks given and a paper that has a number and web site to call, at the very bottom it Reads “Certain fees, conditions & limitations apply, please ask for details.” And during Day 1 they run your credit to see if you have and/or can get credit. Which again the whole promotion said NO CREDIT NEEDED AND NO MONEY NEEDED, they had and would be giving us those connection for paying the $1,997.00.
Baselane logo
Baselane
|
Sponsored
The Easiest Way to Save 150 hours & $5,000 / year Stop the busy work and start growing your RE business with market leading APY & automated finances

User Stats

Votes
Alfonso Aguilar
  • Huntington Beach, CA
Votes |
  • Huntington Beach, CA
Replied Sep 10 2018, 01:04
@Kevin Saunderson What was the end result? Really want to hear your story, before I do anything.?

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Platter
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Minneapolis, MN
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Minneapolis, MN
Replied Sep 10 2018, 12:43

Hey @Alfonso Aguilar,

I haven't been to Daymond John's course, no. 

I knew someone that went to it and did the work but don't recall the content being anything extraordinary. They provide the framework for doing well and creating a functioning business but I'd guess most of the learning could also be found here on BP.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 13 2019, 18:02

BUYER BE AWARE- Daymond John's Success Formula

Just another marketing sales pitch! Here are the highlights:

1. They always Overbook: to make sure seats are filled they will over book and then turn people away when seats are full, even if you have registered. Registration means nothing.

2. Bad Customer Relations: After I explain to Rep I had registered online and my seat should have been reserved, with attitude she said first come first serve and your 20 mins late!

3. Daymond John Name: Of course, the sales seminar just uses Daymond John’s name, he’s not there.

4 Sales Pitch: Just another sales pitch to hype you up in the seminar, then try and sell you some stuff. What are they selling? More workshops and materials. How much? Up to $1500 plus.

I'm not surprised of my bad experience, if you look at all of the reviews online they show how MAD and disappointed people are.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 16 2019, 10:59

I did buy a 20+K package, attended the fastart bootcamp and got almost NOTHING out of it. The instructor knew nothing about the New York market, took us through the hood, we feared for our lives. The info I got from him, I would value at $200 TOPS.  DON'T BOTHER. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 16 2019, 11:02

Daymond John was there in the summit aka first forum. He showed up in jeans and T-shirt, on his way to his next errand. Good to hear him tell his story though. Barbara Corcoran actually dressed up for us, loved her and her story. But again, looks like these two were paid to make an appearance. 

User Stats

Votes
Dawn A.
  • Florida
Votes |
  • Florida
Replied Mar 2 2019, 20:43

Definitely not worth it. Anyone know how I can get my $20k back? Soon as I was “paid in full”, they stopped answering the phone.

User Stats

Votes
Kevin Domschine
  • Wholesaler
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Houston, TX
Replied Jul 21 2019, 09:09

Anybody have access to the asset based lending program though?? I did not pay the $1,997 for the 3 day but had a lot of interest in the line where they had a partnership with a 100% asset based lending. Due to my age and DTI out of college, 100% asset based is very attractive to me.