Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Guru, Book, & Course Reviews

User Stats

Votes
Constance Kang
  • Investor
  • New York, NY
Votes |
My Experience of Rich Dad/Elite Legacy Event Scam

Constance Kang
  • Investor
  • New York, NY
Posted May 30 2016, 18:39

I want to talk about my experience taking Rich Dad/Elite Legacy Education's three days Real Estate workshop. The conclusion: it's a scam. The purpose of this post is to alert people about this $35K scam (since BP has such a high Google ranking, and hopefully this post might come up in some's search result when they are doing research on this so called "Elite Legacy Education"), and here are the details:

I read the Rich Dad Poor Dad book back in high school, and I'm fascinated by his emphasis on financial education (although later on I realize man of his other books are repetitive and erroneous). So about a month ago, I came across a free rich dad ad on Instagram. Based on the graphic presentation of that ad, it shows Robert Kiyosaki, so I thought it would be great to attend this free event and meet him (similar meet the author events are very common here in NYC, so I didn't give it a second thought). I thought, learning any information is better than not learning at all, isn't it?

So I went the Hilton hotel where they held the conference/event. There were about 100 people attending. Much to my surprise, the author himself was not there--so I figured, they just borrowed the copyrighted trademark "rich dad." The first speaker talked about real estate; he started with a long introduction about how he become rich from a college student with debt by investing in real estate-- the theme of the story: education makes you broke, and you have to get a financial education. Since I always wanted to learn more about real estate and OMG, he was good at selling (plus they create an atmosphere of preying on people's fear of missing out). For the second part, another guy came out, and in the name of "multiple streams of income", he sold another three-day stock workshop course to me. Alright, I mean, after all, it's a free event, so I don't blame them for selling. Because I want to learn more about these subjects, I paid $299+ $199 to learn more about introductory to Real Estate and Stock Market. Fair I thought.

They gave me two bags, with some books and audios to read/listen to at home as my "homework" before the workshops. "Thoughtful!" I thought to myself and thought the workshops must be very intensive.

For me, the 3-day Real Estate Workshop was held at Roosevelt's Hotel.

First Day:

I was given two booklets--

1) Real Estate Workbook (wich supplements the book they gave out before the workshop)

2) Real Estate Elite Workshop Events Catalog (which I first thought was the daily schedule for the workshop but later found out it's an information packet on the $39,500 "elite" courses that they sell)

The ironic part is that, through this three-day event, the so-called instructor Jason Jones referred to the Ad packet "Real Estate Elite Workshop Events Catalog" SIX times (he literally asked us to take it out and flip to certain page) and didn't mention ANYTHING nor asking us to read the "Real Estate Workbook ". What a great way to teach!

The instructor gave a case study where we needed to team up as groups of fours and figure out a way to buy an REO property with no money of our own and increase the equity by 30K. The resources we had:

- a bank (conventional) that lends money up to 35k for 650 credit score

- hard money lender with APR 120%

- seller/community (who acts like he doesn't want to talk at all)

- a real estate mentor that costs $35K to use

The "answer" to this exercise was:

Use personal credit to borrow from the bank and spend the $35k on mentor, and then mentor has the "connection" with the community bank to negotiate a deal and brought a 70K property for 40K with FMV of $140K. However, they didn't discuss how the student was able to raise another 40K (which I'm significantly concerned about lending 40K from a hard money lender and pay APR 20%).

Second Day,

They told us that they were giving out a bonus session for early comers. So people went there at 8:30 before the 9:00 start. And they end up talking about credit repairs.

But then, things turned VERY FISHY:

They asked people their credit score and asked us to fill out a "Strategy Session Checklist" that asked about the full legal name, occupation, annual income, bank account $, 401K, IRA, TSP, Available Credit on Cards, and Credit Score.

Instead of actually having a 1-1 personal financial coaching, they got your financial info and "taught" you to apply for a credit card and pay for their $39,500 program. And they said it's okay to "temporarily" have a bad credit score because you could also repair your credit. Ah! That's what the bonus session was for!

Third Day:

They asked a past student Andy to gave a talk on his success story after going through the program. What's annoying is the woman (one of the "expert" who played "mentor" role) kept on asking him rhetorical questions to prove the value of their program and act like it's the only way for one to succeed in the real estate market. But what I found ironic are:

- Andy, who has been working full time in RE for 4 years, are finally going to make $50K passive annual income from rental (with a flawed net profit calculation that didn't income vacancy rate, maintenance fee); and he said after attending the $39,500 program, he paid total $80K--poor Andy didn't even make his initial investment back after four years and yet they are demonstrating him as a success case.

- In fact, Andy is now a "trainer"--which seems to me, training is their stream of income, not real estate

- Andy revealed that he found his deal leads through words of mouth; what's ironic is the instructor kept on selling the importance of the company's Elite Success Software and told us we can't make deal without it

Instead of teaching something, they spent the whole third day (at least until 1 pm when I finally decided to leave) selling the program. When one student asked if the instructor is going to talk about a case study he promised to demonstrate, he responded (don't remember his exact word, but it's pretty much something like this:) :"If you are not even going to buy the next training, it's not relevant to you." And started to identify us as who will not make money and never succeed in life.

My thoughts:

- I don't mind paying $40K for real estate education; however, my reservation is their professionalism. So far they only demonstrated their proficiency in the art of selling but nothing talented about their industry knowledge.

- They are extremely manipulative in their sales approach. Don't get me wrong; I don't hate sales people, being in Media industry myself, I understand that selling is necessary because at the end of the day everyone has bills to pay. But you need to be at least transparent and ethical in your practice. They are not calculating, but also very deceptive that now when I look back, the whole three days training is a step by step scripted the process of selling, every single second of it.

- I went to a top college and have a very stable career with great income. However, most people attending the event are less than college educated and have lower income. The fact that they don't have critical thinking skills and limited income/saving, makes them desperate and easy target. This is also my purpose for sharing the experience with the BP community and the internet community so that people are more informed. Seeing someone with bad credit, messed up financial, no job, putting the debt on his parent's account to pay for this program and hope to achieve a dream that he's most likely not achieve, really breaks my heart! 

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs
Professional Services
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Votes |
Professional Services
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Replied Jun 6 2016, 09:12

@Robert Lum  you bet you can troll around a site like BP read their books listen to the pod cast of those that are successful and talk about their business's.. its inspiring and motivational.

but if you really want to learn the nuts and bolts you need to get in the game.

the best and least expensive way to do that is to simply take a pre license course in your state.. learn the laws ( the real laws not the BS that is talk about on line).. terminology etc.

then go to work with a brokerage in the aspect of Real estate that interest  you.. there you will get REAL training by those that are successful you get on a team.. you get paid as you learn.

There is also the lending field which is quite lucrative if your more into finance

commercial real estate if some day you want to be doing bigger deals and making 6 figure commissions checks.. etc etc.

to try to start your business as a flipper or wholesaler is tough and it has a 95% failure rate being that it appeals to the mass's of which many frankly don't have the skills to succeed or the financing behind them.

OR conversely

Make money at your chosen profession save and buy and hold.. buy the best you can hold for long term.. same with buying securities .

User Stats

Votes
Carlos G.
  • Investor
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Miami, FL
Replied Aug 20 2016, 15:28

I attended the weekend seminar to try to pull out some nuggets. Most of the criticisms that I have read online is that the three-day class is just one large sales pitch. I agree, but I also think that there are some nuggets for those that aren't familiar with some of the possible ways to pull together a transaction.  

My question is: are there any people out there who have gone to the advanced training and thought it was not worth it? Did anyone try one of the programs with the mentor?

NMB logo
NMB
|
Sponsored
Point. Click. Approved. Investor Focused Lender. Instant PreQual letters, Rapid Refinances, 13k+ 4.85 Star Reviews & $550 lender credit available now

User Stats

Votes
Sam Chu
  • Melbourne, Victoria
Votes |
  • Melbourne, Victoria
Replied Oct 23 2016, 23:21

Thanks Constance Kang for sharing in such great depth.

Last month or two I attended the free seminar they held at Melbourne, Australia, but I knew Robert wont be there, otherwise its too good to be true.

Anyway a guy name Nick, started off with asking people why we are here, why choose real estate, are you aiming for financial freedom, spend more time with families etc. Yes it does play on the emotions and it worked. Then he goes on about how he was educated and got a decent job but poorly managed his finance and was nearly bankrupt.

Until he came across RDPD books and attended the seminars like we did and further on his financial education. Years later he could quit his job and live off passive income. I do not think he showed any real knowledge about real estates other than selling the products and if you do not, it is all gloom and doom for your future.

Ok so I thought $1250 for a 3day course, (a usb which did not work and still waiting to receive a new one after emailing back and forth for a month now-they did however let me access it online instead), I can handle that. (Just learnt all the 5hours of video from their online website that should be in the usb which I paid for, all can be found in BP for free..) Worse case is I do not learn anything, wasted 72hours and just walk away with the knowledge to know better in future.

So then Nick ask everyone who is interested to learn everything there is to real estates (he explained earlier - to secure your future you got to have knowledge which then you gain control and thus less risk - i thought that made sense) to now stand up and go to the back and sign up as seats are already filled. So you can say I was naive but I calculated that if this was a loss, its a loss I can swallow and move on.

Last two weeks ago, I attended the 3 days course at Hyatt Hotel and was quite inspired but disappointed. Let me break it down. Their sales pitch was great, playing on emotions and positive vibes were radiant. I remember waking up eagerly because it was so positive to attend and learn more. You have to know, I only started serious learning about real estates this year so there is an abundance of information to digest.

However, I agree with most of you that half the time was spent on pitching their $40k program is the way to financial freedom and your only choice to attain your goal etc. (all the things I learnt in the three days can be found in BP as well lol...) I know it will help to have a mentor and connections to immensely fast track my goal but there was no way I could come up with $40k that time (after reading abit in BP, creative financing sure is interesting!) I was crushed at the end that I could not join, also asked my parents for help, only to be shut down that it is a scam, do not sign up, saying that I can do this alone. Overall, looking back now, I admit my emotions were played and took the bait (got to as far as putting my contact details on paper but no bank details or signing anything) but stopped because couldn't afford it. I did learn something there and wasted some. Now I know better and my critical thinking skills improve too!

So I guess there were many blessings in disguise. Without RDPD readings, I wouldnt have attended the seminars. If I did not attend the seminars, I wouldnt have found BP. Without the shutdown from parents, I wouldnt have thought of other ways to finance. And there seems to be a fountain of knowledge here. Thank you for sharing your experiences everyone!

User Stats

Votes
Ofir Dassa
  • New York City, NY
Votes |
  • New York City, NY
Replied Nov 11 2016, 20:49

@Constante Kang did you attend the 3 day workshop about the stocks market? Any feedback on that. 

I attended their free seminar this week but decided to do some research and come back to another seminar they have next week and sign up after I find out more information. Obviously I will not do the REI but they had a good pitch about the stocks market and investing in options. I wondered if you took that workshop as well as your post said you paid for both. Any feedback on that would be appreciated as well. Thank you

User Stats

Votes
Cheryl Gilmartin
  • Real Estate Professional
  • Mokena, IL
Votes |
  • Mokena, IL
Replied Nov 21 2016, 07:32

Constance your experience was well described and precisely the same that I experienced at a Hiltonhotel held in the Chicagoland area this weekend. The case was exactly the same on day 1. We did not have a student testament on day 3, however Jason and another Staff member both borrowed money from family to begin their Legacy Education. Two things were disturbing to me. One we were told we were going to learn how to set up a land trust and how to wholesale at the ' free event'. The first thing we were told was there is no way we can learn what we need to know in a 3 day weekend (we needed more education and to spend more money. As far as the land trust we needed to see attorneys and preferably the attorneys Legacy contracts with to teach asset and taxes (Anderson Advisors who would give you a free consultation which they offer on their website). The second thing we were told was no networking. I understood this to mean no trying to sell your business or MLM. We were told not to pass out business cards. We were NOT told we were NOT supposed to socialize albeit we were told to work as teams. The teams changed though throughout the weekend because you were told to change seats. I did change seats and worked with different groups. I know nothing about real estate but I do believe we do not learn finances in school and want to learn which is why I invested $300 to be there and learn. I was asked on day 3 to go speak with one of the staff members. I erroneously thought it was to try and sell me on a package even though I did not sign up for an evaluation and did not give them all my personal information (Credit score, 401 k, savings etc). The conversation started "We have been very clear on solicitation another student (who I had met 2 hours earlier and whose English was so bad I could barely understand him so shook my head when he spoke when we don't understand but want to be friendly) told me you and him are opening an LLC and recruiting other students." I was floored! I know nothing about an LLC in fact only recently learned what the letters stand for. I told the staff member it was not true. The staff member in spite of me telling him I did not know what he was talking about repeated this accusation 2 more times. Each time I more vehemently denied it than the first. I was extremely upset that I was being accused of something I did not do at an event I was paying over $100/ day to attend. I finally told the staff member who was a male about 6' 5" 350 lbs I was not going to sit there and be chastised by him for something I did not do! The staff member later came and apologized (after I cooled down - his words) stating it was the part of his job he hated. I suggested that he ask rather than accuse a person of soliciting. He then stated I did not give him a chance. Well it was the other way around. I essentially paid to be abused. We paid for their 3 day infomercial in time and $ as Constance succinctly described. Only wish I read this BP blog before I invested $300 and I would NOT invest $1000's in 'their family' as they liked to describe themselves.

User Stats

Votes
Pino Alu
  • Washington, MO
Votes |
  • Washington, MO
Replied Nov 21 2016, 09:06

Thanks for posting!

User Stats

Votes
Haseeb Awan
  • Investor
  • Ottawa, Ontario
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Ottawa, Ontario
Replied Nov 24 2016, 18:40

My interest in RE sparked through attending Rich Dad seminar. He pushed us hard to buy the course for 100$ I think that includes some CDs, tablet etc but I refrained.I attended the seminar once again and exactly same pitch. Was never interested in purchasing their training but certainly some of the tip they gave for FREE were helpful. He made all kind of pressure tactics, but I was stern on my decision. Also they didn't allowed me to take the picture of the presenter which I already had. 

User Stats

Votes
David Stone
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Des Moines, IA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Des Moines, IA
Replied Nov 25 2016, 01:30

The $200 Rich Dad seminar (after the free event of course) was what got my wife and I really jacked up about doing real estate.  We did not buy into the $30-100k program offered on Day 3.  Maybe it would have skyrocketed our performance, but I doubt it.  I think it takes time for certain people to become comfortable and confident in what they're doing before real performance will show.  It took us a couple years before we really started becoming confident in what we do.  I am grateful we attended the rich dad seminar because it is what got the ball rolling for us for a minimal cost.  I would have gladly paid more for the success it has brought us!

User Stats

Votes
Janette Nason
  • Investor
  • Reading, MA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Reading, MA
Replied Nov 25 2016, 02:13

I don't understand how so many people can live without any concept of a conscious!
Very sad.

User Stats

Votes
Patricia Johnson
  • Roswell, GA
Votes |
  • Roswell, GA
Replied Dec 18 2016, 02:36

Oh wow, thank you for the information. I was just getting ready to finally go to a Free Workshop, but my conscious told me to search for reviews..I am not going to one after this post..

Account Closed
  • Investor
  • Princeton, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Princeton, TX
Replied Dec 18 2016, 03:00

It is an old scam.  Same exact stuff that Trump University was doing.

Account Closed
  • San Francisco, CA
Votes |
  • San Francisco, CA
Replied Dec 19 2016, 22:56

I read all of these reviews months ago when I attended the Santa Clara, CA event in October 2016. The people above that have written the reviews did not buy the program. I bought the program and I felt obligated to stand up for Elite Legacy Education because they have changed my life. I have been in the program now for 3 months and I can tell you it is one of the best things that has ever happened to me. My knowledge has grown SO much since I have been here, you wouldn't even be able to fathom it. Believe it or not, this company is NOT a scam, and they are full of integrity and they help you every chance they get. I FULLY recommend joining as it will be the best decision you've ever made. This company is wonderful, and the things that they have taught me have been invaluable. I've been reading real estate books for 3 years and never really seemed to connect the dots until now. My eyes are now wide open. I was very skeptical at first too because they prey on the cognitive biases and their approach can be very sales-y at times. But once you are in, you will understand. The people teaching this program are among the elite. They are all millionaire real estate investors/developers and they know what they are talking about. Yeah, my first class was taught by a hedge fund manager... They are connected, and they are knowledgable. Time is money, and it will take you 10 years to learn what these people can explain in minutes. So if you are skeptical, you can keep running in circles. Or you can stroke that check and we'll welcome you into our community. 

Steadily logo
Steadily
|
Sponsored
America’s best-rated landlord insurance nationwide Quotes online in minutes. Single-family, fix n’ flips, short-term rentals, and more. Great prices.

User Stats

Votes
Austin Imes
  • Portland, OR
Votes |
  • Portland, OR
Replied Mar 9 2017, 16:32

Hello everyone!

I am new to bigger pockets and I joined mainly because I saw this post. I am a young investor that is man enough to admit that I messed up... Bad. But I am not afraid to say that I let people of Elite Legacy sucker me in.  At first I tried to make the best of their classes, by doing what they said. But the classes are so vague that I can not see how a first time investor would be ready to just jump in. The instructors teach in a way that they think everyone is on the same level.  and there are so many extra things you still have to pay for after I payed the 27k, it is ridiculous. The strategy that they taught me (Whole Sale) had no real guide lines and I found that my marketing money was going to run out too fast. When I asked to trade in one of my classes for another one with a different strategy they called me and tried to sell me another class for 16k (I have never wanted to yell at someone so much over the phone before). I know I brought this upon myself but being a young man with no experience I just felt tricked into this. I have even been trying to get a refund or even a partial refund. Being that I am almost homeless I figured that this big company wouldn't mind giving me some of that 27k back. I imagine that 27k means a hell of a lot more to me than it dose to them. I still plan on investing and did make the decision to purchase other education with a different guy (this time I did my research... hard) but this debt sure is setting me and my girl friend back. 

I guess I am posting this because I want to, 1 warn people about this dirty scam. and 2 I will take any kind of advise to help me with this debt... PLEASE

I know the best fix is going to be investing and getting cash flow but that is in the works as I type this. I just need something to help relieve me form this for a little bit longer. and we all know how investing is a long term thing and I don't just want to give all my money and my future cash flow at this debt. 

All advise is welcome thanks for giving this a read!  

User Stats

Votes
Hanny Wood
  • Alhambra, CA
Votes |
  • Alhambra, CA
Replied Mar 11 2017, 01:01

I would like to thank you everyone in this forum for telling the truth... I was really interested in the subject of asset protections attended the introduction and about to buy the $300 workshop. God bless y'all thank you again from the bottom of my heart.... I am kinna suspicious about his seminar because he will be doing it in a Kuala Lumpur next few months 2017 and other countries oh well they have different law of the land that USA for sure.

User Stats

Votes
Wael Mashini
  • Architect
  • New York, NY
Votes |
  • Architect
  • New York, NY
Replied Mar 21 2017, 05:44

Thank you Constance for sharing your experience! I basically stumbled upon the add on Instagram and signed up for the course, but their email seemed a bit sketchy so I thought to do some research before going, and I'm glad I did.

I will definitely not attend their free' workshop, the whole thing seems like a scam.

User Stats

Votes
Nancy Kaffer
  • Thousand Oaks, CA
Votes |
  • Thousand Oaks, CA
Replied Mar 31 2017, 21:54

Wow! I really wished I would've read this commentary within the first 3 days of buying my $500.00 worth of materials to prepare me for the 3 day Seminar. I would've got my $$ back. I went to my first day of 3 today. I'm going to go tomorrow and Sunday just to get my"$500.00  worth of "Education" Everything Constance & Raymond Lee are true of the training. Jason is also the Trainer along with Rob Chuck & Steve.  I'm going to take as much info from this weekend I can and leave it at that. My gut was in knots when I looked at the prices they are asking for more personal Mentor training & time. I'm going to listen to my gut and not buy into this nonsense. So without having to go to these types of seminars, how does one learn to be an investor? 

Thank you ;-)

Nancy

User Stats

Votes
Andres Setaputri
  • Rockford, MI
Votes |
  • Rockford, MI
Replied Apr 12 2017, 17:07

@Constance Kang Thanks for posting this. This confirms the suspicion I had regarding this seminar. I will be canceling it. 

User Stats

Votes
Marcellus Burton
  • Benton Harbor, MI
Votes |
  • Benton Harbor, MI
Replied Jun 27 2017, 22:35

I attended the same 3 day workshop both my wife and I and were very disappointed.  I lost respect for Robert Kyosaki because after reading his books you would never think he would be running a scam like this

User Stats

Votes
Ruby Aguirre
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Jul 26 2017, 14:59

Unfortunately, I bought the $500 course and I'm supposed to go to the seminar in one week. I feel so awful for falling for it. I just called them and they directed me to email student resolutions @ legacy ea . com. I just sent them an email asking for a refund. Let's see what happens! 

Any advice???

User Stats

Votes
Jay Carter
  • Suwanee, GA
Votes |
  • Suwanee, GA
Replied Aug 13 2017, 06:10

Nancy......the answer to learning about becoming an REI.....do your own FREE homework....read books on RE....RE finacining....befriend a loan officer near you and pick thier brain....the same with a realtor..... as some one else suggested, attend a local pre RE class.... My wife and I signed up for the 3day only to see if its any different than the REI courses from the 80s. ...yes....from the 1980s!!! We signed up knowing what we're doing and willing to loose on the cost of the 3day. I bought a Carlton Sheets course in the 90s for $75..... so far, all info is the same except updated. Also, on the stock market investor side....ditto....if not worse...Warren Buffett didn't do it overnight, nor will you....... Please ....dont spend or invest in anything you can't afford to loose.

User Stats

Votes
Amir Asiaee
  • San Jose, CA
Votes |
  • San Jose, CA
Replied Sep 10 2017, 19:21

Thank you @Constance Kang for sharing your experience. I guess I found this post a few hours too late since I already signed up for their 3day course which happens the end of this month. I've recently stared getting interested in real estate investment and I'm trying to read or grab every opportunity I can get my hands on. I do confirm that the free seminar was really pushy and convincing with all the smooth talking. I now realize that I ignored the scamming signs because I thought what's the worst that can happen I loose $500 (yes their raised it). But I'd rather not waste my time if their main goal is marketing their expensive packages. So I immediately requested my cancelation the next day.

User Stats

Votes
Dan Schwartz
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Tempe, AZ
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Tempe, AZ
Replied Sep 10 2017, 20:38

@Cheryl Gilmartin are you saying that Anderson Business Advisors are in bed with Elite/RDPD, or am I reading your comment wrong?

BAM Capital  logo
BAM Capital
|
Sponsored
Your Path to Generational Wealth We offer wealth-building and income-producing real estate opportunities for accredited investors.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Ken
  • Sachseln, Canton of Obwalden
Votes |
  • Sachseln, Canton of Obwalden
Replied Sep 17 2017, 03:32

Hello everyone,

I couldn't more agree with most of the people here! It's a total scam and I've just wasted 800$ + accomodation and transportation and valuable time for the 3 days seminar... Here's my story (which is not very different from others).

I read RDPD a year ago and I liked the idea and the way it was presented. I then bought 2 more books from RDPD compagny. Let me tell you that it's all over the same speech. Nothing new in either those books. I end buying the last book "why the rich get richer" to prepar myself to the seminar...it was one of the worst book I ever read, a complete repetition of the previous ones. I know now why rich getting richer: by abusing of people.

I got an advertise on facebook for a free 2h seminar about real estate investing. I smelled that they d try to sell me something, but I was ok with that. Everyone have bills to pay... I went to the seminar in Bern CH. We were welcomed by an energic guy and we were like 100 pple. He introduced himself for a long time telling us how poor he was and how miserable his life was before he did a mysterious 3 days course...and then briefly talked about investment strategy (super brief)... then he tried selling us the 3 days seminar at a 787$ price if we were to take it on site (I later found out on the internet that the price is 787 whether you take it on site or not). So... as a good fool, I end up signing for the 3 days course expecting to have good lessons.

I then went to the seminar that I left after 2 days of consistent brain washing. Here how it works:

Day 1: warm welcome by motivated staff, coffee, snacks, we already feel we are millionaire. Soon enough, the staff told us not to give business card or do any business: "guys, if anyone give you a business card, please report to me". 

The first 2.5 hours were spend on introducing themselves, a lot of example to show how great their were and that a mysterious 25k course helped them achieve their financial freedom in 2 years. It was like that the remaining of the day and the next day: every 1-2 hours worth of example on how great they were per half day. After 2 hours spend there I already felt something was wrong. We were introduced to the check-ching noise: the cash machine receiveing cash. A sound we were expected to do all day long as soon as a good offer was proposed.

The next 2.5 hours was on how to get money left and right to invest in real eastate. They asked as lunch homework to call our credit card compagny and ask to raise the limit to 100k!!! Big red flag. I made the link between the 25k course they shortly talked about and the increased limit. My suspision were true when I came back from the lunch. Most of the crowd had done their homework and coincidely the limit was always between 20-30k. What a nice way to show us we could buy the 25k course...great manipulation.

The next 2 hours were some BS information about real estate that any fool could find on the internet in 2 minutes. Moreover, they were showing us different cash flow sheets with big mathematic mistake. I asked about the mistake...I was told: questions are during break time. The last 2 hours of the day was pathetic. We had to make an exercise in group: we had 130k in fake cash, and we were supposed to make a deal with the staff (people from the staff beeing the bank, the lender, the ect, ect). No one could find a good deal until one of the speaker took the microphone and said: fortunatly 2 mentors came in the room (coincidence number 12) and you can ask their help for 25k. 99% of all sheeps in the room jumped on the occasion and we soon got a house at the best price ever: thank you the mentor. The last part they showed us a TED talk and we had to write on a paper what I want to do before dying...then we had to stick these words to the "commitment wall"...

Lastely, they ask us if we d like a one on one strategy the next day during the lunch (yes we are hard worker who saccrifies even lunch for what we want). In order to prepare for the strategy we had to fill a paper with information such as 401k, retirement plan, credit card, ect. 

The day was over, I was pissed...I talked to some people that were dead serious about the mentor ship program. I tried to convince not to, but I was the black sheep and the negativ people the mentor had talked about all day long. Fortunatly some of them seemed to be concerned when I told them that the credit card game was just a way to make us buy their BS.

Day 2:

In the morining we are welcomed like kings again. But this time we shouldn't sit next to the same person again. Good way to prevent collusion. They start again with marvellous example on how good they are, letting new student to speak about how great they have done since they signed up for the Elite Program. 2 hours of brain wash... 

Short break...go back in the room for some boring real estate BS we could find on internet. Then other speeches and other false example. We reach to the lunch break we've decided to skip because we're good students. As I expected, it was not a strategy for private advice, but they split the room in 2 groups, and another brain wash started for 30 minutes by a guy showing us how in 18 months we d be financially free. People are tired, starving, brain washed and I can see they're getting into that BS. After that, I see some random dudes signing for the elite program worth 25k, hearing: welcome to the familly and so on... During that lunch work shop I haven't taking notes and I felt more and more the staff is looking bad at me: of course I m the only fool who hasen't talked to them yet! I feel umconfortable. I feel it's a cult.

After 6 hours of that day, I was still hoping I d get something from my money. I knew I was dreaming and it was a way to justify the 1k+ I spend for that week-end. Let's move on... the guy started: as many people talked to me during breaks about the Elite course, I thought I' d briefly introduce it to you guys: let's take action. One more conincidence, they had enough paper with price to give to everyone,  and for some mysterious reason, the guy who is so nice to talk to us about the Elite course because some folks had asked him has a full PPT presentation about the elite program...then it was followed by a women who showed us for another 2 hours about how the mentorship was great (hotel, mercedes, ect). It was enough for me: should I leave now or during the break? As a well educated people I decided to wait for the break...I talked people into not doing the 25k course hoping I could save some lives...

Lesson learned: ALWAYS look at reviews on the internet. I ve been such a fool it's a shame. But I've learned...I look on trip advisor for a 40$ meal but not for a 1k$ course. What a fool!

My motivation to write all this is to confirm the above comments and posts and to let everyone know it's still the same BS today. Biggest scam ever. I write because I felt so bad for these people enrolling in the 25k course. One dude, 55yo, told us at the beggining on the mic that he was desparted, tears in his eyes, to have more cash to finally see his son growing... I was so sad to see he wasn't seeing the BS that were sold. He ll end up more in debt and see his son less. As previously said: uneducated poor people chasing a dream...

Final words: scam, false advertising, wash brain, sales pitch. Thank you RDPD compagny, you've tought me and expensive lesson!

User Stats

Votes
Ben Neds
  • Specialist
  • Farragut, TN
Votes |
  • Specialist
  • Farragut, TN
Replied Oct 2 2017, 03:25

I just finished the 3 day training that I paid $495 for in Knoxville. I think the wisdom from this verse found in Proverbs 11:14 which says "Where there is no guidance, a people falls, but in an abundance of counselors there is safety" was what allowed me to learn from this experience and not be taken advantage of.

When it comes to what was being said in the training, I agree with probably 95% of it. It was very much aligned with my values (abundance mindset vs scarcity). However, I believe the hypocrisy comes in when you look at what the actions of the presenters are compared to what they are presenting - does their walk match their talk. If the goal is to have passive and portfolio income, why would you spend 42-44 weekends per year on the road doing presentations? Wouldn't you want to be in Hawaii or somewhere else? They are clearly relying on earned income as a quadrant 1 employee - not an investor. Why do they expect you to trust them with no evidence when Kiyosaki says to not trust anyone? 

I have to say that the presentation was extremely strategic - hitting every issue that would be important for Knoxville's demographic values. I think the strategy calls were used to profile everyone in the class and intentionally match their selling strategy to these profiles. There were emotional stories about the military, guns, family, faith, etc. However, when I thought about it, there was not any verifiable evidence to back up the stories. For example, Brandon Diaz our instructor showed us a picture he said was in one of the issues of Time Magazine when he was a Marine in Baghdad. When I asked him what issue that was, he said he didn't know and that he only found out about it 3 years after the fact. Hmmm, that was a really weird answer. Why would he even bring it up if he didn't have a copy of it himself? He also claimed to tithe 10% to his church in Chattanooga - Silverdale Baptist Church. I emailed the administrator of that church and explained what was being claimed and asked for someone that knows Brandon that I could call and receive a few references that didn't come from Brandon himself. I expect to hear back on that soon and maybe I'll update if anyone is curious out there. Brandon also said he made a ton of money on a 100 unit apartment complex on Signal Mountain in Chattanooga 3 or 4 years ago after the tornados hit that area hard. I called a local real estate agent there he said the tornados were 7 years ago and they did not affect Signal Mountain at all. Brandon said his mom owned "In Good Health" medical practice in Chattanooga. I couldn't find any names or ownership besides the doctors that were listed online - maybe she did, maybe she didn't.

In conclusion, I learned a ton but also took everything with much grain of salt. I got the contact info from some of the folks who signed up and I plan to check in and seek to better understand what kind of support they receive and what type of mentor they work with. I'm very skeptical of people like this but I'm also skeptical of reviews bashing others because I know many people are lazy and would rather criticize than own up and do the work. I'm extremely grateful for my group of counselors who I know have my best interest at heart. They helped keep me safe and also allowed me to learn a ton from the entire experience. 

User Stats

Votes
Jeremy M.
  • Investor
  • Signal Mountain, TN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Signal Mountain, TN
Replied Oct 3 2017, 07:00

@Ben Neds I can't verify or deny much of anything you posted - I do however live on Signal Mountain and there were tornados that came through here. One of them came down this street and tore off the roof of my neighbor's house right across the street Not sure about the apartments mentioned though...