Skip to content
Guru, Book, & Course Reviews

User Stats

Votes

DJ Thielen needs to be stopped

Mackenzie Lopez
Posted Feb 6 2024, 09:54

This is a review based on my experience as well as court documents and speaking to other victims who had sound proof. This is not for doxing him or slandering him.

I rented a house from DJ, he was the middle man so I already know from several court documents he can't be found to be perso ally liable since he isn't on the lease or sale documents yet acted as the property management company and was my point of contact.

He managed to convince me his company was very good to rent from we've only owned houses so I had to learn a lot of lessons in the 2 month time frame I stayed in thst cindemnable house. He repeatedly kept saying he was the best, and anytime I needed work he would say his contractors are the best.

issues with  the house: Foundations caving it with countless stress fractures and rooms sinking in with doors sticking making them nearly impossible to open. 35 years of vacancy at that house led to house walls being filled with mice... they chewed on the electrical wires and chewed holes in every wall and next to outlet covers and they chewed the entiee inner door frame from tbe walkup attic giving them easy access to walls throughout the house. The new appliances were filled wirh mouse feces bug eggs and mold. The water pipes are filled with awful moldy smell so you smell worse after you shower. He sent a contractor that admitted to me he was high onnstimulants and he caused severe wayer samage that flooded the living room below and the basement below that.   It took 5 trips from differenr contractors to fix the toilet rhat never stopped running turns out they had the wrong size flapper.  There are 3 entrances yet only one basically works and that room is bein held up by cinderblocks.

I could go on and on, hoping just one person sees this and makes them think twice before taking any of his courses, buying from him, or renting from him without knowing  the high risks that come with doing business with him.

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Feb 10 2024, 10:24
Quote from @Mackenzie Lopez:

This is a review based on my experience as well as court documents and speaking to other victims who had sound proof. This is not for doxing him or slandering him.

I rented a house from DJ, he was the middle man so I already know from several court documents he can't be found to be perso ally liable since he isn't on the lease or sale documents yet acted as the property management company and was my point of contact.

He managed to convince me his company was very good to rent from we've only owned houses so I had to learn a lot of lessons in the 2 month time frame I stayed in thst cindemnable house. He repeatedly kept saying he was the best, and anytime I needed work he would say his contractors are the best.

issues with  the house: Foundations caving it with countless stress fractures and rooms sinking in with doors sticking making them nearly impossible to open. 35 years of vacancy at that house led to house walls being filled with mice... they chewed on the electrical wires and chewed holes in every wall and next to outlet covers and they chewed the entiee inner door frame from tbe walkup attic giving them easy access to walls throughout the house. The new appliances were filled wirh mouse feces bug eggs and mold. The water pipes are filled with awful moldy smell so you smell worse after you shower. He sent a contractor that admitted to me he was high onnstimulants and he caused severe wayer samage that flooded the living room below and the basement below that.   It took 5 trips from differenr contractors to fix the toilet rhat never stopped running turns out they had the wrong size flapper.  There are 3 entrances yet only one basically works and that room is bein held up by cinderblocks.

I could go on and on, hoping just one person sees this and makes them think twice before taking any of his courses, buying from him, or renting from him without knowing  the high risks that come with doing business with him.

Thank you. People need to know about him. 

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#5 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Feb 10 2024, 10:51

Rule of thumb or everyone reading this. Anytime ANYONE, and I would guess this is accurate if you ask others on BP. But anytime ANYONE says "they are the best" or" have the best quality"...

Run run away. They are full of it. This holds true for realtors, especially contractors (I want one who talks about how he is going to do the job not tell me about how awesome he is when he built this and that and this and that, they talk to much they are snake oil salespeople)

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Mackenzie Lopez
Replied Feb 10 2024, 21:08
Quote from @Chris Seveney:

Rule of thumb or everyone reading this. Anytime ANYONE, and I would guess this is accurate if you ask others on BP. But anytime ANYONE says "they are the best" or" have the best quality"...

Run run away. They are full of it. This holds true for realtors, especially contractors (I want one who talks about how he is going to do the job not tell me about how awesome he is when he built this and that and this and that, they talk to much they are snake oil salespeople)

Unfortunately I have autism which makes it hard to know who to trust, but I did learn that if someone's the best they don't need to try proving it to you all the time. He sent his dumb website link to me and told me to check out who he is. 

I'm also partially blind which made it hard to see all problems prior, he tried getting me to do a video chat with him on pissedconsumer.com where he has most of his negative reviews listed.

Thankfully my landlords  now are amazing they arent cross country and come as soon as I message or call them. 

I'll never believe someone that is trying too hard to prove they're the best. Some really interesting information I found was he isn't even supposed to be doing business in PA. 

i dont think hes ever made an honest dollar. Ive never seen someone with such a long list of complaints. I made sure to everything properly so it couldnt come back on me thst i was a bad tenant. 

User Stats

Votes
Mackenzie Lopez
Replied Feb 10 2024, 21:09
Quote from @Nate Marshall:

Yea it feels weird so blatantly calling someone out but no one's had a good experience with him yet and It would make it worth it if I could even dissuade one person from doing business with him and getting scammed. 

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Feb 11 2024, 07:27
Quote from @Nate Marshall:

Yea it feels weird so blatantly calling someone out but no one's had a good experience with him yet and It would make it worth it if I could even dissuade one person from doing business with him and getting scammed. 

It is about using SEO and Optimization. Get it all over so everyone can see. 

User Stats

Votes
Mackenzie Lopez
Replied Jun 8 2024, 21:46

Well I have an interesting update. He was trying to offer me $2000 to remove my reviews. When he went to draft up the contract he made it a Confessions of Judgement contravr in which I waive all my rights and if any of my "associates or friends" talked about him I'd have to pay half a million per offense, and he could easily claim a violation happened that never did to collect half a million dollars and I wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

He consistently threatened me with legal action into trying to get me to accept that crazy contract. Heck probably because he could easily pay off his $700,000 personal income tax delinquency in California in which he is listed on CA's government website as tax deliquent and it was just updated 6/6/24.

They want to charge me with extortion for telling them to make the situation right, to not rent that house out to anyone else before making repairs, and to give me a portion of my money back for the rented house or I wasn't going to let up on reviews. They also want to charge me with libel/slander for leaving reviews of the owners on their other business page.

This review is also the 4th search result when you search dj thielen on Google. If I can just save one person from falling for his predatory tactics it'll all be worth it.

I
also walked away from the deal I mentioned above and told them to keep their $, I don't want it anymore so they understand this is more about justice. Plus that absolves me of any wrongdoing,  not that they had a chance in charging me with any of those things but I'm making extra sure that won't happen.

I wonder if California/IRS is looking for him, and if he's evading reporting income innCA I wonder if he's doing that in his current business. I think you can report the company so the IRS will make sure his company is doing everything legit.

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Jun 9 2024, 09:22

Well I have an interesting update. He was trying to offer me $2000 to remove my reviews. When he went to draft up the contract he made it a Confessions of Judgement contravr in which I waive all my rights and if any of my "associates or friends" talked about him I'd have to pay half a million per offense, and he could easily claim a violation happened that never did to collect half a million dollars and I wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

He consistently threatened me with legal action into trying to get me to accept that crazy contract. Heck probably because he could easily pay off his $700,000 personal income tax delinquency in California in which he is listed on CA's government website as tax deliquent and it was just updated 6/6/24.

They want to charge me with extortion for telling them to make the situation right, to not rent that house out to anyone else before making repairs, and to give me a portion of my money back for the rented house or I wasn't going to let up on reviews. They also want to charge me with libel/slander for leaving reviews of the owners on their other business page.

This review is also the 4th search result when you search dj thielen on Google. If I can just save one person from falling for his predatory tactics it'll all be worth it.

I
also walked away from the deal I mentioned above and told them to keep their $, I don't want it anymore so they understand this is more about justice. Plus that absolves me of any wrongdoing,  not that they had a chance in charging me with any of those things but I'm making extra sure that won't happen.

I wonder if California/IRS is looking for him, and if he's evading reporting income innCA I wonder if he's doing that in his current business. I think you can report the company so the IRS will make sure his company is doing everything legit.

Threatening people is the guru way. Most don't actually follow through. Some are known to even use fake lawyer letters to send threats. I would be cautious but you have little to worry about. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 27 2024, 05:00

This matter has been fully settled 100% with an ex-tenant MacKenzie Loper that was renting, but I was told she can’t post here, by her, because bigger pockets has now actually banned her from the site...therfore I’m posting this notice of settlement and confirmation that this matter is completely and 100% fully resolved and settled as of 06/25/2024.

Anyone with any issues about myself or my company I’m happy to speak to you personally as I've been in businesses of my own for 27 years now, and you can view my over 700 5 STAR client reviews here at https://reach150.com/m/review/38018/empire-real-estate-dj-th...
so please feel free to reach out directly to my personal cell phone 1-503-740-6029 with any questions or concerns I'm happy to assit you.

Also IF you're a Real Estate Investor needing guidance or help, feel free to reach out I'm happy to so how I can assist!

Kind Regards
DJ Thielen

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 28 2024, 17:27
Quote from @DJ Thielen:

This matter has been fully settled 100% with an ex-tenant MacKenzie Loper that was renting, but I was told she can’t post here, by her, because bigger pockets has now actually banned her from the site...therfore I’m posting this notice of settlement and confirmation that this matter is completely and 100% fully resolved and settled as of 06/25/2024.

Anyone with any issues about myself or my company I’m happy to speak to you personally as I've been in businesses of my own for 27 years now, and you can view my over 700 5 STAR client reviews here at https://reach150.com/m/review/38018/empire-real-estate-dj-th...
so please feel free to reach out directly to my personal cell phone 1-503-740-6029 with any questions or concerns I'm happy to assit you.

Also IF you're a Real Estate Investor needing guidance or help, feel free to reach out I'm happy to so how I can assist!

Kind Regards
You just released my PRIVATE information I am not a business I'm allowed to use your name you are NOT ALLOWED to use mine.

You listed PRIVATE full name information seriously?

You could've just commented the issue was resolved. You're a "public figure" your name can be used legally, you using my name is protected information.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Jun 28 2024, 18:32

@Mackenzie Mae

I have no clue who either party is- but if one party throws shade at the other they have a right to defend and let people also know if it’s been settled

What private information did he put in the post?

User Stats

Votes
Don Konipol
Pro Member
#4 All Forums Contributor
  • Lender
  • The Woodlands, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
#4 All Forums Contributor
  • Lender
  • The Woodlands, TX
Replied Jul 7 2024, 03:30
Quote from @Chris Seveney:

@Mackenzie Mae

I have no clue who either party is- but if one party throws shade at the other they have a right to defend and let people also know if it’s been settled

What private information did he put in the post?

The OP is upset that the respondent disclosed her surname (Loper).