User Stats

Votes
Chida Truong
Votes |
Pace Morby Mentorship

Chida Truong
Posted Nov 28 2021, 20:26

Hello BP investors,

I haven't seen any recent postings about Pace Morby's Sub To Mentoship program and wanted to see if anyone can give their honest feedback about the program who's joined recently?

I noticed quite a few of the reviews were from dead accounts or 1 and done posters so I was a bit weary about the legitimacy. Being that the cost of the program is about $7800 (amount I gathered from other posts), I didn't want to to make a costly mistake. All feedback greatly appreciated.

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs
Professional Services
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Votes |
Professional Services
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Replied Nov 8 2023, 09:30
Quote from @Account Closed:
Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
Quote from @Chris Boselli:
Quote from @Jeff Langham:

I currently live in Pacific Grove, in Monterey County, California.

Okay, so you buy a property SubTo. You use a gator lender which over leverages the property, so you can do a fix & flip. You save money by not getting a title report or closing through escrow and the deed doesn't get recorded.

Now you find out that there are already two loans on the property previous to your buying it SubTo. The seller's spouse pops up and says they want their share of the sale. You didn't know about the spouse.

Now, what does this "community" offer as a solution?

10 points if you even understand what this means.
0 points and time to get a new community if they don't have a solution.

Save money by not getting title report or closing through escrow or recording deed? Maybe you should be looking at your own investing practices…

Go home troll! Clearly you don’t have many of your own clients to attend to lmao

in the day it was legal to do foreclosure rescue in Or and WA I bought all my sub to deals with no title insurance and did my own paper work and of course no escrow and recorded my own deeds. And of course prepped same deeds.. Now to be fair I had my title company doing research on every NOD in the PDX market and date downs on each one I bought.. And was a high volume client for the title company so they would insure my properties on the resale.. my niche was not to hold these things it was to flip them for profit and we did pretty darn good at that in the day. But I would never buy anything that did not have a lot of instant equity.. Buying with no equity was for those not in the business and simply were not competition.. As the deals that were best were rescued 24 to 72 hours before the trustee sale thats where the money is made instantly in sub to. Average one off investor simply cant do what we did.. especially today with all the title fraud .. you prep your own deeds and you might find it impossible to get anyone to insure them going forward.

"today with all the title fraud .. you prep your own deeds and you" will eventually get investigated. Lol

Ya not sure about investigated. At least for me personally.. biggest risk is if your not very tight with the title company your going to have a real issue when U go to sell or refi.  For sure those all these folks buying sub to with little to no equity and dont really have capital behind them they are just a dumpster fire waiting to happen.. And the sellers are the ones who are going to really take the brunt of being talked into selling sub to like its a for sure thing.  In our situation we have mid 7 figure unsecured line of credit we could stroke a check at anytime.. or move it to our 8 figure secured line.. our financing was already in place.  Again though this was a business not investors who are starting their journey with limited funds or credit etc.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 8 2023, 12:00

If you have doubts about the Subto mentorship and community, just watch some of Pace’s YouTube videos. The amount of value he and his team provides for free is so unmatched. His free content helped me get my first couple of deals and I’m excited to see what being a student of his will help me accomplish. I’ve only been a student for less than a week and the value of the community alone is well worth the price. The amount of tools and resources provided will help launch any business utilizing creative finance. 100% recommend!

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.
Account Closed
  • Investor
  • Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Nov 8 2023, 12:48
Quote from @Brad West:

If you have doubts about the Subto mentorship and community, just watch some of Pace’s YouTube videos. The amount of value he and his team provides for free is so unmatched. His free content helped me get my first couple of deals and I’m excited to see what being a student of his will help me accomplish. I’ve only been a student for less than a week and the value of the community alone is well worth the price. The amount of tools and resources provided will help launch any business utilizing creative finance. 100% recommend!

Your comment: "just watch some of Pace’s Youtube videos"

I did that and:

That's where I learned to buy properties for more than they are worth,

to borrow money from unsophisticated lenders without using title insurance,

and to not record the mortgage

and to over leverage properties.

That he interviewed the "Attorney General of the State of California" who wasn't actually the attorney general of California, he was an "investigator" for a county in California.

I learned to try and hide the Subject To in a trust,

to try and buy Subject To Insurance in case the loan gets called,

to not get title insurance because it's just another expense, 

and it might reveal something I don't want you to know,

and that the economy never takes a bad turn,

and that I don't need reserves,

and I'm not told what happens if I miss a payment or what to do about it,

or that I could get sued and investigated,

and I have no idea what to do if the loan gets called with the Due on Sale Clause, 

I also learned, that I can make tons of money having other people spend a lot of money to join a "community" where they get to watch videos of me and 

discuss Subject To with other students who are equally ill-informed,

but they never get personalized training 

and never buy a property.

I'm all set to be in the SubTo community and be happy with equally happy people.

It's all there, on youtube, video in color, with great enthusiasm.

So, in direct contrast to that, we teach all of that (well not overleveraging, or not using title or the other bad practices)   "one on one", real time, personal, live, no videos, and you actually buy properties. So, explain to me again why the "SubTo Community" is "the cat's meow?" Are you looking to just "feel good" or are you looking to buy properties and "feel Great!"

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 13 2023, 00:16

I joined Subto community in April of this year and not only I have saved up hundreds of thousands of dollars by buying buy and holds via creative finance (Subto/SF), but also learned soo many other way to acquire, all kinds of exit strategies and have met some amazing people with some of who I hae become close friends.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#5 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#5 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Nov 13 2023, 05:15
Quote from @Brad West:

I did that and:

That he interviewed the "Attorney General of the State of California" who wasn't actually the attorney general of California, he was an "investigator" for a county in California.

and I have no idea what to do if the loan gets called with the Due on Sale Clause, 

I also learned, that I can make tons of money having other people spend a lot of money to join a "community" where they get to watch videos of me and 

I'm all set to be in the SubTo community and be happy with equally happy people.

So, in direct contrast to that, we teach all of that (well not overleveraging, or not using title or the other bad practices)   "one on one", real time, personal, live, no videos, and you actually buy properties. So, explain to me again why the "SubTo Community" is "the cat's meow?" Are you looking to just "feel good" or are you looking to buy properties and "feel Great!"

I have a GREAT case study brewing. I bought a non performing note, the borrower sold the property sub-2 where the new buyer reinstated the loan but because of the transfer I am calling the due on sale clause. The seller/existing note holder is flipping out at my servicer saying I cannot do this, they were told by the person that bought it that once the loan was reinstated it would start reporting positive again on credit and they cannot foreclose (oops a sub2 person should have been honest with the seller).

It sounds like the person who bought it sub2 does not have the $ to refinance it. They are also trying to "threaten" me with countersuit and intimidate me. I told the original seller its not me you should go after, but whoever you sold it too. That has nothing to do with me, you had a contractual agreement (deed of trust), that says you cannot transfer title without my permission....

Account Closed
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Nov 13 2023, 09:44
Quote from @Chris Seveney:
Quote from @Brad West:

I did that and:

I have a GREAT case study brewing. I bought a non performing note, the borrower sold the property sub-2 where the new buyer reinstated the loan but because of the transfer I am calling the due on sale clause. The seller/existing note holder is flipping out at my servicer saying I cannot do this, they were told by the person that bought it that once the loan was reinstated it would start reporting positive again on credit and they cannot foreclose (oops a sub2 person should have been honest with the seller).

It sounds like the person who bought it sub2 does not have the $ to refinance it. They are also trying to "threaten" me with countersuit and intimidate me. I told the original seller its not me you should go after, but whoever you sold it too. That has nothing to do with me, you had a contractual agreement (deed of trust), that says you cannot transfer title without my permission....

It's a gold mine to dig. Lol, I'm watching with great interest.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 15 2023, 11:23

Hey there,

I want to leave my opinion about sub 2. I was very skeptical about getting into it only because of the dollar amount. I took the leap of faith and jumped in the team has been amazing to help me through financing. This has brought me the new level of real estate that I've always wanted. I watched so many opportunities. Come and go because I always based my dreams of real estate off of traditional financing. All of the opportunities I did see left in a flash because I was never able to come up to that level. Pace Morby is a true leader of sub 2. That has made amazing steps, plans and actions to help us succeed. I would still be stuck today if I never found some too. And now I know the sky is the limit and doors are opening all around.

There is things inside sub 2 that I never knew I would get in the beginning but now knowing I could not look back and be able to succeed.

I will never regret joining some too, it has brought direction, purpose and understanding my life and goals.

Adam

Account Closed
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Nov 15 2023, 14:09
Quote from @Adam Johnson:

Hey there,

I want to leave my opinion about sub 2. I was very skeptical about getting into it only because of the dollar amount. I took the leap of faith and jumped in the team has been amazing to help me through financing. This has brought me the new level of real estate that I've always wanted. I watched so many opportunities. Come and go because I always based my dreams of real estate off of traditional financing. All of the opportunities I did see left in a flash because I was never able to come up to that level. Pace Morby is a true leader of sub 2. That has made amazing steps, plans and actions to help us succeed. I would still be stuck today if I never found some too. And now I know the sky is the limit and doors are opening all around.

There is things inside sub 2 that I never knew I would get in the beginning but now knowing I could not look back and be able to succeed.

I will never regret joining some too, it has brought direction, purpose and understanding my life and goals.

Adam

Your Comment: "it has brought direction, purpose and understanding my life and goals."
Who writes this kind of stuff about real estate? Are you AI?

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 15 2023, 14:44
Quote from @Adam Johnson:

Hey there,

Adam

Your Comment: "it has brought direction, purpose and understanding my life and goals."
Who writes this kind of stuff about real estate? Are you AI?

No mike

just someone that couldn't find a direction to get out of the w2 being the only thing is family is ever been and finally found a way out.

ps didn't even tell you how to do an AI

User Stats

Votes
William Dennis
  • McDonough, GA
Votes |
  • McDonough, GA
Replied Nov 16 2023, 06:53

I've been apart of numerous real estate programs that said that they're community driven and I never felt like it was a true community were people truly cared and helped one another, until I joined Pace Morby's Subto 2 Community. Pace is truly a community leader and trend setter in the real estate space. Just about everyone in the Subto family has the same mindset as the leader and whatever you need to become not just an investor, but a great human being is in the community. Pace adds so much value to our community that sometimes it's over welming!!! It's not just learning creative financing to aquire real estate, but cars, businesses and understanding who you are as an investor and what your true strengths are as well as your weaknesses. To know that for anything you need is just a Facebook post or Phone call or text away to the community, it's a blessing. More than a program, but a way of becoming who you were meant to be,, that's Subto.

User Stats

Votes
Cody L.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Diego, Ca
Votes |
  • San Diego, Ca
Replied Nov 16 2023, 21:14
Quote from @William Dennis:

I've been apart of numerous real estate programs that said that they're community driven and I never felt like it was a true community were people truly cared and helped one another, until I joined Pace Morby's Subto 2 Community. Pace is truly a community leader and trend setter in the real estate space. Just about everyone in the Subto family has the same mindset as the leader and whatever you need to become not just an investor, but a great human being is in the community. Pace adds so much value to our community that sometimes it's over welming!!! It's not just learning creative financing to aquire real estate, but cars, businesses and understanding who you are as an investor and what your true strengths are as well as your weaknesses. To know that for anything you need is just a Facebook post or Phone call or text away to the community, it's a blessing. More than a program, but a way of becoming who you were meant to be,, that's Subto.

I find it odd that of the gushing replies that support this guru, most of them are people who have this as their very first comment.   Like the Pace army came to BP to say nice things. 

Where are all the comments from people who are active in the BP community? 

Account Closed
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Nov 17 2023, 00:20
Quote from @Cody L.:

I find it odd that of the gushing replies that support this guru, most of them are people who have this as their very first comment.   Like the Pace army came to BP to say nice things. 

Not only that, it's a lot of "copy & paste" that someone pre-wrote. And, a new post appears just when interest has died down. Very interesting in the timing. It gets a little wearisome. There must be a contest with a reward they are offering. And None of them can seem to verify a property they have actually bought.

I watched a few of his videos and I was not impressed with the focus on over leveraging and using unsophisticated lenders in 2nd position while not using escrow or title. Seems very strange. What could possibly be the reason / benefit to over leveraging and not using title when using unsuspecting, oops I mean "newbie" lenders?

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Cody L.
  • San Diego, Ca
Votes |
  • San Diego, Ca
Replied Nov 17 2023, 11:24
Quote from @Cody L.:

Not only that, it's a lot of "copy & paste" that someone pre-wrote. And, a new post appears just when interest has died down. Very interesting in the timing. It gets a little wearisome. There must be a contest with a reward they are offering. And None of them can seem to verify a property they have actually bought.

I watched a few of his videos and I was not impressed with the focus on over leveraging and using unsophisticated lenders in 2nd position while not using escrow or title. Seems very strange. What could possibly be the reason / benefit to over leveraging and not using title when using unsuspecting, oops I mean "newbie" lenders?

Well to be fair, when I was starting I did a lot of 'unconventional' things to be able to buy and build/grow.  But I wasn't trying to charge to teach others a system.  I was doing "sub 2" before some dork wore a hat with a peace sign on it as a logo.

If I found someone with a $500k home he wanted to sell, and he owed $400k, I might offer him $100k and we'd wrap the $400k into a nwe loan.  Or maybe he only owed $250k so I'd give him $100k, pay his loan payment, and do a new loan with him for $50k.  Or do the loan with him for $150k and he paid his loan from it.

Whatever I could do to make a deal work when I had a seller wanting to sell as I wanted to buy and when I started (2008) getting a new loan (especially for me) was almost impossible.

So I don't hate on people doing 'sub 2'.  I just hate the guru's and fake posts it creates. 

Account Closed
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Nov 17 2023, 12:58
Quote from @Cody L.:
Quote from @Cody L.:

I've been apart of numerous real estate programs that said that they're community driven and I never felt like it was a true community were 

So I don't hate on people doing 'sub 2'.  I just hate the guru's and fake posts it creates. 

Well, I think what you are talking about is totally different, correct me if I'm wrong:

He Said: "just watch some of Pace’s Youtube videos"

So, I did that and:

to try and buy Subject To Insurance (which doesn't exist) in case the loan gets called, 

and it might reveal something I don't want you to know,

and I'm not told what happens if I miss a payment or what to do about it,

I also learned, that I can make tons of money having other people spend a lot of money to join a "community" where they get to watch videos of me and

@Cody L.: I can't believe that is what you were doing, I hope. 

That's what we're talking about.

User Stats

Votes
Thomas Bouchereau
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Henderson, NV
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Henderson, NV
Replied Nov 17 2023, 22:29

Out of all the programs I’ve joined. Subto is the only one with a real community. Pace emphasizes that it’s not a program but rather a community of people helping other people. There’s an unbelievable amount of value stored in the subto vault alone. Every week there are countless hours of live zooms to be apart of that can fit what you need to grow. There’s always new content, new ideas, and new people to connect with. I can honestly say that I’ve learned more from this community than I have over the years of being an agent from traditional brokers. Just the recorded calls to sellers would make the price worth joining, but you get so much more by being apart of the community. I recently was able to be surrounded by 100+ members on a hike I helped to organize in Vegas and those connections have opened doors to friendships I would have never imagined. This is only the beginning. 

Account Closed
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Nov 17 2023, 22:33
Quote from @Thomas Bouchereau:

Out of all the programs I’ve joined. Subto is the only one with a real community. Pace emphasizes that it’s not a program but rather a community of people helping other people. There’s an unbelievable amount of value stored in the subto vault alone. Every week there are countless hours of live zooms to be apart of that can fit what you need to grow. There’s always new content, new ideas, and new people to connect with. I can honestly say that I’ve learned more from this community than I have over the years of being an agent from traditional brokers. Just the recorded calls to sellers would make the price worth joining, but you get so much more by being apart of the community. I recently was able to be surrounded by 100+ members on a hike I helped to organize in Vegas and those connections have opened doors to friendships I would have never imagined. This is only the beginning. 

"The hills are alive, with the sound of music"

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Nov 18 2023, 08:00
Quote from @Thomas Bouchereau:

"The hills are alive, with the sound of music"

Mike it looks like another shill aka Gator Incel Boi posted. 

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Nov 21 2023, 10:50
Quote from @Brad West:

How is spending 23 hours a day on Porn Hub working out for you? 

User Stats

Votes
Jessica Oots
  • Investor
  • Corona, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Corona, CA
Replied Nov 21 2023, 15:20

My husband and I have been in the SubTo community for a few years now and Pace is hands down the best to learn creative finance from. He lays it out so simple with endless content and examples. He will take the time to answer questions and gives way more than what you pay for. The community is the best part where we've been able to connect with many like minded individuals and is beyond motivating! He teaches way more than creative finance and you will definitely not regret the investment in yourself!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 21 2023, 21:26
Quote from @Dustin P.:

I do more deals than this guy, maybe I should start mentoring and creating a youtube channel!

Dustin, I am getting into Wholesaling and Flipping and I would take mentorship. I live in Reno, NV and see you are in Tempe, but I am open to mentorship. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 22 2023, 17:24

Hello, I am in the Supto and Gator community, notice that I call it a community, not a Mentorship, because in reality, who needs another course... but if we talk about the courses, they are excellent, English is my second language, however I can understand the way of teaching from Pace who is undoubtedly one of the best in teaching difficult points in a way that your mind comes to understand simply however it is not all because he gives much more than what you pay for, yes when you think that is all , he takes out another course that can actually produce you thousands of dollars and he doesn't charge you extra... HE GIVES IT TO YOU AS A BONUS, IT'S CRAZY. But that is not the value, THE VALUE IS IN THE COMMUNITY WITHOUT A DOUBT... There you find people who are willing to help you and collaborate with you, and many find their best friends there. Listen, I could say a lot more but you wouldn't believe it, you just have to be there.

Account Closed
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Nov 22 2023, 18:02
Quote from @Kerson Lopez:

Hello, I am in the Supto and Gator community, notice that I call it a community, not a Mentorship, 

I would agree that people looking for a Mentorship should not look there for a one. That isn't what it is.  What a Mentorship is about at 

Why **Great** Mentors Matter - or Don't (Is it just "Feel Good Stuff")

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/517/topics/1155059-why-...

The SubTo Community has the following errors: 

"Gaps in real estate investing knowledge leaves people open to lawsuits and losing their investments. And there is plenty of that going around right now. Lots of fluff about SubTo, no money down, buying at full price creatively, not using title when borrowing from people, overleveraging and borrowing other people's money to put at risk so you aren't "out of pocket".

In real estate, what you don't know will get you sued. You are playing with people's lives if you are doing SubTo.

Banks aren't stupid. A call on an overleveraged SubTo, that has an unsophisticated borrower who covered the closing costs, is going to be a three ring circus of lawsuits.

A true Mentorship does more than "hype" a partucular approach to investing and doesn't allow you to drink the kool aid. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 22 2023, 19:05

Hello, I am in the Supto and Gator community, notice that I call it a community, not a Mentorship, 

I would agree that people looking for a Mentorship should not look there for a one. That isn't what it is.  What a Mentorship is about at 

"Gaps in real estate investing knowledge leaves people open to lawsuits and losing their investments. And there is plenty of that going around right now. Lots of fluff about SubTo, no money down, buying at full price creatively, not using title when borrowing from people, overleveraging and borrowing other people's money to put at risk so you aren't "out of pocket".

In real estate, what you don't know will get you sued. You are playing with people's lives if you are doing SubTo.

Banks aren't stupid. A call on an overleveraged SubTo, that has an unsophisticated borrower who covered the closing costs, is going to be a three ring circus of lawsuits.

A true Mentorship does more than "hype" a partucular approach to investing and doesn't allow you to drink the kool aid. 

I understand your point of view and I respect it. When someone doesn't know clearly, they can't understand, and if it's done just by watching videos on YouTube, of course they're going to see problems... in the end, having this type of creative purchase, yes. You can help a lot of people and if you are learning the right way and having the legal documents you need, which of course Pace gives us, then and only then can things go smoothly. Thank you for caring about the people we are helping, people like you are what we need in this community.

Account Closed
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Nov 22 2023, 21:46

I understand your point of view and I respect it. When someone doesn't know clearly, they can't understand, and if it's done just by watching videos on YouTube, of course they're going to see problems... in the end, having this type of creative purchase, yes. You can help a lot of people and if you are learning the right way and having the legal documents you need, which of course Pace gives us, then and only then can things go smoothly. Thank you for caring about the people we are helping, people like you are what we need in this community.

Your Comment: "having the legal documents you need, which of course Pace gives us, then and only then can things go smoothly"

I'm curious, is he teaching that you won't be sued if you use his documents? Is that how you understand it?

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 23 2023, 09:55

Your Comment: "having the legal documents you need, which of course Pace gives us, then and only then can things go smoothly"

I'm curious, is he teaching that you won't be sued if you use his documents? Is that how you understand it?

If you are actually involved in Real Estate you know better than that. I already see the disposition that your mind has in this regard. I respect it, no matter what I tell you you are going to have the same thought, and in reality I do not have the time to continue with this conversation, only what I have shared is the reality in In my case, I'm not the type of person who likes to argue. Have a nice day.