Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Salt Lake City Real Estate Forum
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Chris Hornbeak
Votes |
House Hacking SLC Strategy

Chris Hornbeak
Posted

Good Morning Bigger Pockets!

I plan to purchase a house hack-able property in SLC, and would like to strategize/ get some insight into the best way to go about it. 

My current plan is to find a large house in either Sandy or Cottonwood Heights. Ideally renting a basement apartment to a long term tenant. To cover the rest of the PITI, I intend to list a room or two on Airbnb.

Covid is temporary and the ski resorts aren't going anywhere, so I figure there is significant long term (winter) demand for Airbnb's near the entrance to BCC and LCC. 

I could rent the basement on Airbnb as well to maximize income, but I love the idea of low maintenance, stable income from a long term renter. 

My other idea is to find a property where building an ADU in the backyard is possible. I would live in the ADU, then rent the main house in it's entirety.

Am I crazy? Are there strategies you folks have seen work well? 

I would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!

Loading replies...