hi all, i just move to houston, need some help i am looking to buy & hold Single Family House 3bd 1000sqf ,Can I request a list of recommended neighborhoods? in ARV150k in houston and all around
Real Estate Agent · Houston, TX · Member since 2020 · 175 posts · 75 votes
4y
Welcome to Houston @Yakir Sheli! @Dave Chapa is correct. What you are describing is most likely going to have to be an off market deal. But as far as where? I would suggest Pasadena, Alief and MAYBE even Friendswood. But again you will not find anything like this on the MLS and you will have to get in touch with local wholsellers.
Or of course you can always do your own off market marketing.
Real Estate Agent · Houston, TX · Member since 2020 · 175 posts · 75 votes
4y
Welcome to Houston @Yakir Sheli! @Dave Chapa is correct. What you are describing is most likely going to have to be an off market deal. But as far as where? I would suggest Pasadena, Alief and MAYBE even Friendswood. But again you will not find anything like this on the MLS and you will have to get in touch with local wholsellers.
Or of course you can always do your own off market marketing.
Rental Property Investor · Rancho Cordova, CA · Member since 2020 · 111 posts · 27 votes
4y
Has anyone on BP put together a guide of Houston neighborhoods? (ie class, crime, job market growth) I noticed this has been done for several other metro areas.
Real Estate Agent · Houston, TX · Member since 2019 · 763 posts · 500 votes
4y
@Yakir Sheli 150k in Houston for a buy and hold is near impossible. But if you’re looking for a flip or something where you can force appreciate there are options at 150k, as long as you’re able to finance the deals outside of conventional loans
Real Estate Agent · Houston, TX · Member since 2019 · 763 posts · 500 votes
4y
@Yakir Sheli Galveston is still loaded with flip potentials, and with the STR boom there are a lot of buyers calling about the island. League City has some pop up here and there, even Friendswood. Just gotta be eyes open looking at the market constantly ready to jump on a deal when it comes
it is difficult to find those numbers on mls, maybe someone can refer me to a local wholesaler in Houston area?
There are group meet ups hosted by local mortgage broker firms that will have wholesalers and many others attending. PM me and I will send you two that I know. It's a great way to get started in the area.
@Yakir Sheli Galveston is still loaded with flip potentials, and with the STR boom there are a lot of buyers calling about the island. League City has some pop up here and there, even Friendswood. Just gotta be eyes open looking at the market constantly ready to jump on a deal when it comes
As you read, It is difficult to buy & hold at that pricing... but not impossible! I would possibly recommend Alief, League City, Galveston, and maybe more south Houston areas?
Good luck! Let me know if I can assist in any way!
Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
4y
$150k you're going to be in rough areas. I'd go with a rough area that's still near down. Like 3rd ward, 5th ward, sunnyside, SE inner loop, etc. I have tons of sub $100k properties (bought a while ago though).