AL Tax Cert: Deceased Owner foreclosed on 2nd Mortgage

AL Tax Cert: Deceased Owner foreclosed on 2nd Mortgage

Montgomery AL · Member since 2019 · 126 posts · 23 votes

I have a 2019 tax certificate in Mobile, AL where a deceased owner took out a 2nd mortgage and foreclosed on the house. The sons were living in it and abandoned it after a drug battle... it’s been abandoned/vacant for 2 yrs (probably more). The loan company is listed as the owner. 
i sent the loan company notice that I bought at a tax sale... no response.

The sons or loan company paid the taxes and I don’t want either to redeem. 
if the 2nd mortgage (loan company) redeems i read a post that they don’t have to pay preservation cost. Can someone share validity to this post... I don’t suspect the sons will come back and I did not see a Will in records search. 
I want to get the house boarded up ASAP and start making repairs immediately.   thanks!

0Reply
3 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.