Lenders for tax lien investing

Lenders for tax lien investing

Investor · AL · Member since 2018 · 26 posts · 9 votes

I'm trying to find lenders that specialize or are comfortable with tax lien investments.

I currently have 15 rentals homes that I acquired via tax liens. My current lender pays more attention to the traditional lending than the cash flow I'm generating.  I've been able to finance a couple of the homes that I've had for a while and obtained a quiet title, and I have a credit line based solely on my personal income and assets. However, I assume there are some lenders out there that understand tax liens.

I assume there are 2-3 lenders going to the NTLA conference in April, but that's a big trip for me just to meet a couple of lenders.

0Reply
74 views

Most Popular Reply

Accountant · Anacortes WA · Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 8 votes
3y

Firstrust Bank

Conshohocken
Pennsylvania
19428
United States

BankFinancial NA

Burr Ridge
Illinois
60527
United States

Associated Bank

Chicago
Illinois
60661
United States

Capital One, N. A.

New York
New York
10171
United States

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · MI · Member since 2014 · 594 posts · 183 votes
    3y

    Creative Private Money may be your best bet since no one has replied to your post in about 19 days. 

    Also, can you clarify what exactly you want from a lender regarding the tax lien properties? 

    Best of luck! 

  • Accountant · Anacortes WA · Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 8 votes
    3y

    Cap One, Associated, Firstrust and BankFinancial lend in the tax lien/deed space.  

  • Don KonipolBusiness Member
    Investor · The Woodlands TX / Avon, CT · Member since 2009 · 6k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Edward Barton:

    Cap One, Associated, Firstrust and BankFinancial lend in the tax lien/deed space.  


     Wow. I’m surprised there are lenders willing to lend without a full title policy.  Can you provide the full name of these four lenders as multiple different entities popped up in a Google search

    Thanks!

    Private Mortgage Financing Partners, LLC
  • Accountant · Anacortes WA · Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 8 votes
    3y

    Firstrust Bank

    Conshohocken
    Pennsylvania
    19428
    United States

    BankFinancial NA

    Burr Ridge
    Illinois
    60527
    United States

    Associated Bank

    Chicago
    Illinois
    60661
    United States

    Capital One, N. A.

    New York
    New York
    10171
    United States

  • Member since 2022 · 43 posts · 19 votes
    3y

    @Tyson Begly

    Where are you doing tax liens that people end up not paying? My understanding is that most eventually pay when it is their home.

  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Nathan R Andersen:

    @Tyson Begly

    Where are you doing tax liens that people end up not paying? My understanding is that most eventually pay when it is their home.


     I get houses every year from tax lien sales. I should have 3 more deeds show up in the mail box in a few weeks from last year's auction.

  • Member since 2022 · 43 posts · 19 votes
    3y
    Quote from @John Underwood:
    Quote from @Nathan R Andersen:

    @Tyson Begly

    Where are you doing tax liens that people end up not paying? My understanding is that most eventually pay when it is their home.


     I get houses every year from tax lien sales. I should have 3 more deeds show up in the mail box in a few weeks from last year's auction.


     Oh you’re talking about tax sales, not purchasing liens with a redemption period then right? Like California does tax sales once the properties are delinquent for 5 years. 

  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Nathan R Andersen:
    Quote from @John Underwood:
    Quote from @Nathan R Andersen:

    @Tyson Begly

    Where are you doing tax liens that people end up not paying? My understanding is that most eventually pay when it is their home.


     I get houses every year from tax lien sales. I should have 3 more deeds show up in the mail box in a few weeks from last year's auction.


     Oh you’re talking about tax sales, not purchasing liens with a redemption period then right? Like California does tax sales once the properties are delinquent for 5 years. 


     I am talking about buying tax liens with a 1 year redemption period. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Coppell, TX · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y

    @Nathan R Andersen  In Texas almost no one redeems....we sell deeds....but there is automatically a redemption period in most cases.  While the people selling courses will tell you 6month to 2 years, and talk about government guaranteed returns of 25-50%, both are not really realistic for most cases.  Most of the time you will need to hold the property at least 2 years before you can resell with title insurance or do more than basic rehab to insure safety or preservation of the property, and almost no one redeems, so rare you get that 25% or 50% in year two.

  • Investor · AL · Member since 2018 · 26 posts · 9 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Scott Matthew C.:

    Creative Private Money may be your best bet since no one has replied to your post in about 19 days. 

    Also, can you clarify what exactly you want from a lender regarding the tax lien properties? 

    Best of luck! 


    Hi Scott, thanks for getting the ball rolling on my post. I was beginning to think it wouldn't get any responses.


    So far, I've been using my personal money and a credit line based on my personal assets, which isn't very creative. When I talk to potential private lenders, they are more interested in being partners, which is not what I want.

    From the lender, ideally I'm looking for a larger credit line.  My current credit line is just based on my personal assets rather than the cash flow from the business.  If a lender would consider the cash flow from the business, I think a larger credit line could be justified.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.