Strategies to find off market listings?

Strategies to find off market listings?

Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 1 vote

I’m just getting started in the very competitive area of Portland, OR. I have one agent who has access to off market listings but I’d like to expand my reach. What are some good strategies for gaining access to off market listings generally, and specifically in Portland if anyone has some experience here?

1Reply
19 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Amboy, WA · Member since 2019 · 33 posts · 28 votes
    7y

    Joseph-

    I’ve been driving for dollars and having a good bit of luck finding houses that look to be prime rehab houses. 

    I’m new to the biz myself and have yet to land my first deal but this strategy will help you get to know your target area the best, and expose you to deals that no agent is going to see cross their desk anytime soon.

    I also browse craigslist and other classified ad sites / apps for potential deals.

    Wishing you the best of luck!

  • Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    @Rion Redinger I appreciate the idea. What do you do when you think you see a good rehab house?

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Amboy, WA · Member since 2019 · 33 posts · 28 votes
    7y

    I usually keep my google maps app open when I’m driving around. When I see a good prospect, I pull over in front of it, and drop a pin on the property on the maps app then add it to a list that I have titled potential sellers.

    This is a low cost (free) way to build a list. 

    Once I get home to my computer I pull the list up and check each one on the county property website.

    Get the mailing address for each owner (hopefully it is different than the property address) and then write a short letter to them. 

    I try to get ten to twenty of them together to streamline the letter writing (I made my own template to use so not much has to change from property to property).

    Hand sign each letter to make it a bit more personal. And hand write the address on the envelope, this helps make sure it gets opened and better yet read! 

  • Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    @Rion Redinger Awesome. Thanks Rion!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.