Advice from experienced flippers to a wanna-be LA flipper!

Advice from experienced flippers to a wanna-be LA flipper!

Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 1 vote

Hello 

I am seeking general advice from any experienced rehabbers (LA rehabbers preferably) that are willing to share their cold-hard truths or suggestions to someone currently in search of rehab opportunities in and around LA county (orange county too).

I am in a pretty fortunate position regarding access to financial capital and am able to jump on deals, up to fairly substantial price. I am grateful for this benefit as I know this is a major hurdle for many. I have lived in Los Angeles for over a decade now and have loosely be involved w RE off and on over that time but have always maintained a pulse on the market so am fairly familiar with the different areas and also the challenges that exist here namely the extreme competition finding deals and the substantial capital required.

I have rental properties and will continue on that path further as well but have always been intrigued by the idea of taking a junker and giving it new life along with the local economic benefits doing so can provide. Obviously making money is nice too.

I have real estate experience but not construction experience. My main question is what are your suggestions to someone that has minimal construction knowledge (and experience with contractors) but does have capital to comfortably invest that wants to rehab houses. I am looking in the $600-850K purchase range for houses that I could add value to with sq/ft additions in the $150-200k rehab cost range. Id shoot for ARVs around 1.2 million +. Sorry for the very broad question but am hoping for feedback anywhere along the spectrum on factors I should consider. Thanks!

1Reply
15 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Developer · Boise ID · Member since 2016 · 287 posts · 110 votes
    9y

    Luke

    Getting into the "flipping business" requires alot of moving parts and I find it best to partner with people who have that experience.  What I mean is building a team of people who can bring their expertise to the table.  As far as finding properties, there a many different paths to take from mailers to auctions and even using RE agents.

    Feel free to reach out, hopefully I can expand on that a little more and find out exactly what your needs are.

    -Jonathan

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.