Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Rehabbing & House Flipping

User Stats

Votes
Johana Villamil
  • Investor
  • San Antonio
Votes |
Becoming by own GC

Johana Villamil
  • Investor
  • San Antonio
Posted Jul 24 2024, 18:58

I am currently working on a whole house rehab. I had some problems with my General Contractor so I ended up buying my own materials on a great discount and have an out of state contractor who is a great family friend that I  will hire to do most of the work for me. I have a building permit with my old GC who I am no longer working with. The city put my building permit on hold until I hire a new GC. I would like some insights from investors who have been their own general contractors. I believe that if I become my own GC this property would have to be my homestead for a year and I actually wanted to sell it right away.  Is anyone familiar with the process of becoming your own GC for flips? I am in San Antonio Texas,  I understand I would need to take an exam and have liability insurance. Not sure if this will be worth the time and money it will take to get this certification and insurance policy along with whatever else comes along with it. I already invested a ton of money into this project and just want to get this going asap! 

Loading replies...