Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Rehabbing & House Flipping
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Cade Haskins
Votes |
Fix and Flips in VT & NH

Cade Haskins
Posted

I am looking to purchase my first investment property and I want to do a house flip. I see a lot of advice for beginners on how to get an experienced partner. My question is how do I find these other investors? New Hampshire and Vermont are much smaller states than most major metropolitans. 

If I can not find a partner, I would love to have someone to consult on my project and ensure I am doing the right things.

User Stats

Votes
Patrick McCann
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • New Hampshire
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • New Hampshire
Replied

Hi Cade, I’m guessing you plan to invest along the VT/NH border? I don’t know of any meetup in that part of NH, nor do I know any investors in that area. I’d suggest asking the local title company/real estate agents who the investors are. Or look at the property record cards in the towns you plan to invest for the multi families and see whose names/llc’s continually come up. It’s a part of the state many investors stay away from because they don’t know the market, if you’re from the area and know it well this could be advantage for you!

User Stats

Votes
Alecia Loveless
Pro Member
#4 Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice Contributor
Votes |
Pro Member
#4 Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice Contributor
Replied

@Cade Haskins Hi Cade. I’m in northern New Hampshire and the only meetup I know about is monthly in Manchester. There was one in Littleton last summer that on Facebook was dubbed a real estate meetup but it was just agents and mortgage lenders. They said I was the first investor that had ever attended one. They also said they held 2/year but it’s been about 15 months and I haven’t seen notice of another meetup.

I don’t know any other investors in the sense of what I’m doing in that I’m actively looking and buying and sourcing deals. I know of only a few people that own rentals as a secondary aspect of their primary business.

My contractor has the best connections and has hooked me up for my first off market deal with someone who might be considered an old school investor. However in my interactions with him so far he was more interested in my contractor than me as the buyer.

There’s definitely people investing down south in New Hampshire around Concord and Manchester and in Burlington, VT.

I don’t mean to discourage but I feel this is a tough market to enter. Keep looking for opportunities and you’ll do fine. They definitely exist here. Work hard and you’ll be able to get ahead and will be able to find deals.

BiggerPockets logo
Network With Property Managers
|
BiggerPockets
Partnering with a property manager before you buy will boost your bottom line. Match and mingle with top property managers now!

User Stats

Votes
Richard Dale-Mesaros
  • Investor
  • Campton, NH
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Campton, NH
Replied
Quote from @Cade Haskins:

I am looking to purchase my first investment property and I want to do a house flip. I see a lot of advice for beginners on how to get an experienced partner. My question is how do I find these other investors? New Hampshire and Vermont are much smaller states than most major metropolitans. 

If I can not find a partner, I would love to have someone to consult on my project and ensure I am doing the right things.

We have investor groups In Nashua, on the seacoast, Manchester and there's also one in the Lakes Region...... 🙂

User Stats

Votes
Cade Haskins
Votes |
Replied
Quote from @Richard Dale-Mesaros:
Quote from @Cade Haskins:

We have investor groups In Nashua, on the seacoast, Manchester and there's also one in the Lakes Region...... 🙂

How would I go about joining the Nashua and Manchester groups?

User Stats

Votes
Richard Dale-Mesaros
  • Investor
  • Campton, NH
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Campton, NH
Replied

Not sure about Nashua, NHREIA has a FB group and you can go to www.nhreia.com