Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 2 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Rehabbing & House Flipping
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Chengning Yang
  • Flipper/Rehabber
Votes |
Replacing Cast iron sewer pipe

Chengning Yang
  • Flipper/Rehabber
Posted Jul 11 2024, 11:38

Does anyone have investor friendly plumbing companies in DFW area for sewer inspection and repair? The house just got foundation repaired, and obviously there’s a leakage at some point. I’ve had a couple of plumbing companies came and quoted me from 30k - 70k to repipe the whole house(2700 sf) which I think it’s insane. I’m also looking for anyone who ever dealt with trenchless sewer relining because it seems like a more affordable way to go. 

It’s a 4bed 3bath single level house with slab foundation. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 11 2024, 12:22
Quote from @Chengning Yang:

Does anyone have investor friendly plumbing companies in DFW area for sewer inspection and repair? The house just got foundation repaired, and obviously there’s a leakage at some point. I’ve had a couple of plumbing companies came and quoted me from 30k - 70k to repipe the whole house(2700 sf) which I think it’s insane. I’m also looking for anyone who ever dealt with trenchless sewer relining because it seems like a more affordable way to go. 

Following you on this as I’m dealing with the same in Miami. The trenchless repair seems like a great solution and it’s cheaper, however, I don’t know the pros/cons of both.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 14 2024, 12:24

Do you mind if ask how much you paid for foundation. I need both foundation and plumbing. Haven’t gotten any quotes yet. Just one for plumbing. 36k for a 1200 sqft home. Ridiculous. I’m also in the Dfw area 

Steadily logo
Steadily
|
Sponsored
America’s best-rated landlord insurance nationwide Quotes online in minutes. Single-family, fix n’ flips, short-term rentals, and more. Great prices.

User Stats

Votes
Chengning Yang
  • Flipper/Rehabber
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
Replied Jul 14 2024, 13:02
Quote from @Jennifer Miranda:

Do you mind if ask how much you paid for foundation. I need both foundation and plumbing. Haven’t gotten any quotes yet. Just one for plumbing. 36k for a 1200 sqft home. Ridiculous. I’m also in the Dfw area 

I paid for 21k for foundation repair for my 2717 sf single story, but I had quotes from 20k to 45k for foundation repair.  I'm gonna have someone to give me a quote on trenchless sewer re-lining on Tuesday, and I'm probably gonna get more bids for trenchless bids since it could probably be the only way to go besides repiping the whole house which cost significantly more for cast iorn sewer lines. Also I only had 2 quotes from two different plumbing companies to repipe, one quoted me 72k with 8k discount, one says 40k. 

User Stats

Votes
Chengning Yang
  • Flipper/Rehabber
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
Replied Jul 14 2024, 13:07
Quote from @Josselyn Jorge:

Following you on this as I’m dealing with the same in Miami. The trenchless repair seems like a great solution and it’s cheaper, however, I don’t know the pros/cons of both.
Well the pro is cheaper and faster and cost way less than traditional repiping method. According to google, it should last at least 50 years. Not sure about cons because this is a flip, but I do wanna fix it right and pass the static test for foundation warranty. 

User Stats

Votes
Lucia Rushton
  • Realtor
  • Dallas - Fort Worth Metroplex, Tx
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Dallas - Fort Worth Metroplex, Tx
Replied Jul 18 2024, 10:41

@Chengning Yang. I have a plumber for you.

User Stats

Votes
Robert Ellis
Agent
  • Developer
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Agent
  • Developer
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Jul 20 2024, 05:43

no more than 10k ever

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 23 2024, 14:41

Well the pro is cheaper and faster and cost way less than traditional repiping method. According to google, it should last at least 50 years. Not sure about cons because this is a flip, but I do wanna fix it right and pass the static test for foundation warranty. 
The main "con" I've seen with trenchless sewer replacement options is that epoxy lining or pipe bursting methods will not solve a main sewer that has a 'belly' between the house and the city. If the existing pipe has settled in a low spot then it will need to be trenched. A plumber might try to sell trenchless options in this situation, and then that would make them the con ... zing, pun intended. 

User Stats

Votes
Chengning Yang
  • Flipper/Rehabber
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
Replied Jul 26 2024, 19:17
Quote from @Ben Barngrover:

The main "con" I've seen with trenchless sewer replacement options is that epoxy lining or pipe bursting methods will not solve a main sewer that has a 'belly' between the house and the city. If the existing pipe has settled in a low spot then it will need to be trenched. A plumber might try to sell trenchless options in this situation, and then that would make them the con ... zing, pun intended. 

got it! Thanks to know that!

User Stats

Votes
Chengning Yang
  • Flipper/Rehabber
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
Replied Jul 26 2024, 19:18
Quote from @Robert Ellis:

no more than 10k ever

Well, the thing is I can't find a honest plumber to do the quality work, and that's the main issue. 

User Stats

Votes
Chengning Yang
  • Flipper/Rehabber
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
Replied Jul 26 2024, 19:19
Quote from @Lucia Rushton:

@Chengning Yang. I have a plumber for you.

messaged you! 

User Stats

Votes
John Morgan
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Grand Prairie, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Grand Prairie, TX
Replied Jul 27 2024, 09:01

@Chengning Yang

Get on the DFW Construction Facebook page and get quotes. You can get some illegals to do it all for 5-10k.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Aug 20 2024, 13:55

Have you tried reaching out to https://www.trophyconstructionservices.com id try them and thank me later. 

hope this helps

CV3 Financial logo
CV3 Financial
|
Sponsored
Fix & Flip | DSCR | Construction Loans Up to 90% LTV - Up to 80% Cash Out - No Income Verification - No Seasoning Requirements