Where in Indianapolis should I look for single family rentals?

Where in Indianapolis should I look for single family rentals?

Investor · Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 1 vote

I'm a newbie out of state investor interested in Indianapolis real estate and I'm trying to figure out which neighborhoods/areas would best fit my investment strategy.

I would be looking for up to $130k-$140k ARV single family homes in need of some renovation (but not a total gut), that I'd like to be able to rent it out (to a normal, quality tenant) for approx $900-$1k.

I had already done some research, but would love to hear what the professionals on here think. These are some areas I considered: 

46222 - Hawthorne, Haughville

46208 - Crown hill and general area surrounding the children's museum

46226 - Lawrence and Devington 

What do you think? where should I be looking?

1Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 16 votes
5y

I have numerous rentals in Lawrence, BUT it has pockets. I am happy to assist further if needed. Oaklandon is a small but solid rental area. 

JasonTressler.com

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2016 · 42 posts · 14 votes
    5y

    @Dana Zipnik

    Hi Dana, I think a lot will depend on how you will be acquiring these properties and what grade of rental area you're looking for. I'd personally target the Western and Southern townships and any of the donut counties. You'd be looking for older ranches on slabs (maybe some crawls) with 3 bed and 1+ baths. I could help pinpoint more later if you'd like to connect.

  • Investor · Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @Nick Walts Thank you! As far as rental area grade I think I would be targeting C+ neighborhoods. 

    I'd love to connect whenever you're available

  • Nick GiulioniPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Carmel, IN · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 615 votes
    5y

    You should be able to pull that off in 46208 (I have a bunch). Feel free to reach out!

  • Investor · Member since 2021 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @Nick Giulioni thanks! Have you had any trouble with non paying tenants/evictions and stuff like that? 

  • Real Estate Agent · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 16 votes
    5y

    I have numerous rentals in Lawrence, BUT it has pockets. I am happy to assist further if needed. Oaklandon is a small but solid rental area. 

    JasonTressler.com

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.