Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Chicago Real Estate Forum
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Allen B.
  • Investor
  • Chicago area
Votes |
Is outsourced maintenance a thing?

Allen B.
  • Investor
  • Chicago area
Posted

Does something like a "property maintenance company" exist?

I'm self-managing ~60 units on the south side and for the most part, doing great. However, maintenance is killing me. I'm a computer nerd and spent much of my life doing heads-down work with as few interruptions as possible. So the asynchronous nature of tenant requests, coupled with trying to get them handed out to the right handyman, plumber, etc, are driving me insane.

Is this something that can be outsourced without going to a full 3rd party property management arrangement? Ideally there would be a number for tenants to call, they would take the calls and deal with them. Some repairs would be approved automatically, others would get run by me for the "OK" first.

Does this make sense? Does it exist?

Thanks,
Allen

Loading replies...