Investor · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2014 · 77 posts · 54 votes
So here's what I need in order of importance:
Real Estate Attorney (must have experience in this are) to draft a Deed of Trust for an owner carry deal. Must be done by 1/13/2017
Electrician to do exterior post work on 2 buildings and reconnect service. Work can begin 1/21/2017. Must have references/good reputation. Job is in Pueblo.
Plumber for interior work on a small SFR. Work can begin immediately. Services are not on in the house.
Real Estate Consultant · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2013 · 325 posts · 117 votes
9y
@Joseph Graeve - With all due respect, a single asset's capitalization rate will be no indication of the area's, good or bad. This said, acceptable cap rates tend to be in the 5 - 6% range yet, as a case in point, we have one coming on the market showing 7.5%, maybe 8.1%.
Send me a PM. I can get you a contact for a RE attorney in Colorado Springs that I have consulted. I also have a great liscensed electrician in Pueblo that I have been using for the past few years. He has done a great job on small jobs to completely rewiring a house. I would love to give him more business.
Real Estate Consultant · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2013 · 325 posts · 117 votes
9y
@Lauren H. - thanks for the post. It's a little known fact licensed brokers can help with the preparation of commission approved forms, which include DOTs. This said, message me and I will provide you a reference to an excellent, local real estate attorney/investor. All the best!
Real Estate Consultant · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2013 · 325 posts · 117 votes
9y
@Joseph Graeve - With all due respect, a single asset's capitalization rate will be no indication of the area's, good or bad. This said, acceptable cap rates tend to be in the 5 - 6% range yet, as a case in point, we have one coming on the market showing 7.5%, maybe 8.1%.
Investor · Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2014 · 77 posts · 54 votes
9y
Guys, please refer to the first and second rules of Fight Club. If you can't tell what market is profitable and what isn't, I ain't tellin'! Either way, if it doesn't meet your buisiness model, then don't buy it. What works for one person doesn't work for someone else.