I believe I have trapped myself, what to do

I believe I have trapped myself, what to do

Lender · Portland, OR · Member since 2019 · 28 posts · 19 votes

The title says it. I believe I got myself into a bit of a situation where I stated that my refi was for my primary residence and now feeling some what stuck. I cash out refi-ed into a conventional and was looking to fha 3.5% down on a 4 plex but apparently theres a maturity of 12 months of which I am on month 4. (dumb on my part, I know). Does this mean I am virtually stuck in this residence until my time is up? Is there any way around this? Any input is much appriciated. Thanks, Luke

0Reply
10 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Farmville, VA · Member since 2018 · 280 posts · 171 votes
    6y

    @Luke Dilorenzo the seasoning period on a property is lender dependent. Try and contact a smaller community bank and see if their requirement is different. I can almost promise you that any large national banks are going to be 6-12 month minimum. 

  • Investor · Topeka, KS · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    You can always commit mortgage fraud and move out and not tell anyone.  You are unlikely to get caught.

    Why not just stick it out for 8 more months?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.