Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Innovative Strategies
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Doug Quist
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Votes |
Someone who has done a subject-to deal in SE Idaho

Doug Quist
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Posted

I'm interested in connecting with someone who has done a subject-to deal in South East Idaho in the last couple years.

I'm under contract to buy a house where the sellers were pretty "motivated" to sell.  They lowered the price a couple times and then I offered another 6.9% below that and we have a deal.

I suspect they have a mortgage at 3.6% based on when they last got financing and I REALLY would love that rate, so much that I'm open to re-doing the deal much closer to their most recent listing price if I can get the house subject-to the existing mortgage and give them cash for the difference.  Happy to pay the realtors the commissions, etc.

I'm looking to connect with anyone who has done a subject-to deal in SE Idaho, or if not there, at least in Idaho.  Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Jonah Slove
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied

Did you find anyone and close the deal? Im in SE Idaho looking to get connected to like minded folks 

User Stats

Votes
William Hochstedler
  • Broker
  • Logan, UT
Votes |
  • Broker
  • Logan, UT
Replied

Did you get this sorted out?

You should connect with the local REIA's.

Pocatello: https://www.facebook.com/groups/PokyREIA/

Idaho Falls: https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/899698-idaho...

Rent To Retirement logo
Rent To Retirement
|
Sponsored
Turnkey Rentals 12+ States. SFR, MF & New Builds, High ROI! 3.99% rates, 5% down loans, below market prices across the US! Txt REI to 33777

User Stats

Votes
Doug Quist
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Replied

Sorry for the slow reply!

We ended up buying the house through the more traditional method of an owner occupied loan that is a JV with my daughter. We attempted to get the sellers to take more money and offered them two additional options one with an extra $35k, via Subject To, and the other with an extra $70k with both Subject To and a partial seller carry-back. Their agent, who was one of the worst agents I've ever encountered, probably doesn't understand how any of this works, probably talked them out of it.

Was originally listed for $525k and we bought it for $443k with a new roof and a fairly long list of stuff being fixed at their expense.  It was, IMHO, a shame both for us, but mostly for them because they REALLY appeared to be in a pretty serious financial and the extra money would have helped them.  Isn't an issue for us.