Turn-Key Lease Option Partnerships - a new lucrative strategy

Turn-Key Lease Option Partnerships - a new lucrative strategy

Shiloh LundahlPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Gilbert, AZ · Member since 2016 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes

Hey everybody, 

I'd love to get some feedback from you about a new strategy that we are getting ready to employ.  But first I need to give a little background.  Over the past 5 years my business partner and I have built a portfolio of over 200 properties (around 80 single family homes, 30 units in multifamily, and about 100 units in mobile home parks).  The original plan when we set out over 5 years ago was to cash out in 2022.  So we decided to use the lease option strategy and created lease options to come due in 2022.  We have sold several properties so far this year.  We have taken that capital and cashed out some of it for ourselves as a long awaited payout and we have redeployed some of the proceeds into building our portfolio into the Triad area of North Carolina (Greensboro, Winston-Salem, and High Point).

Currently, we have about 8 properties on the market to sell.  So that means that we are carrying the costs of having these properties without renters and it is costing us probably around 10k a month in carrying costs.  We are starting to see a shift in the market in Arizona, due to higher interest rates I believe, and we are going into the winter months where there are usually less sales.  So rather than continue to bleed 10k a month, I think that we could easily lease option these properties and fill them with good tenant/buyers for 3-years at higher than market rents and then we would probably bring in around 14k a month in revenue which would help with cash flow.  However, we still want to cash out a little more and we want to continue to grow in North Carolina.  

Something important to know is that we have good debt on these properties at around a 4.7% interest rate.  So it would be a shame to get rid of the debt just to buy properties with a higher interest rate.  So here is our plan.  Rather than sell these properties, we are going to do a turn-key lease option partnership.  What that means is we are going to get a lease option tenant and then bring on a partner for each property, or multiple properties.  The new partner will buy into the equity of the property at a discount and will share in the cash flow and the upside.  Let me give you an example.

Here is an example with one of the properties that we have that is currently on the market in Coolidge, AZ.  https://www.zillow.com/homedet...

We sold a model match of this property a few streets over a couple months ago for 243k but this property has better flooring than the other property.  We currently owe 74k on this property but the market value is around 240k.  We have had 2 offers on this property but they both fell through, again I think it is related to the interest rates.  So here is our plan:

We take the property value at 240k and subtract 10% (24k) as a buffer for market corrections. We then take the 216k and subtract the current loan balance of 74k leaving 142k in equity left. We then bring on a partner who buys into the equity position at a 25% ($35,500) discount. In other words they buy into 142k in equity for only $106,500. This means that the partner on this deal would immediately get a 33% bump in equity. Then we would split the cash flow of $850 ($425 for us and $425 for the new partner) for this home which we would get by taking the rent that we could get on a lease option which for this property would probably be around $1650 a month (which number I got from the last lease option I did in this same city about a week ago) and subtracting $635 for PITI and another $165 for property management overhead and city taxes.

The property would have a 3-year lease option tenant that could buy the property at $259,900 or whatever the property appraises for (whichever is higher) within the next 3 years.  Any amount that the property sells for above the 240k current value will be split 50/50.  So there is also an upside possibility as well.  If the tenant buyer doesn't exercise the option within the 3 years then we can either just sell it or we can do another lease option depending on what is decided between us and the new partner.

The benefit to a partner would be that they get a turn-key property at a discount where they step immediately into an increase in equity and the property has a lower than market interest loan already in place.  And they get to partner with us and learn more about about investing using lease options.  The benefit to us is doing a partnership like this allows us to cash out a large portion of the equity while keeping good debt, and without taking on more debt, and we can turn the property into a great cash flowing property that is enough to share with another partner.

Thanks for reading this and I would love to hear your thoughts and or concerns about this new strategy.

3Reply
114 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
3y

Lease options are by far my favorite way to slow exit singles but I'm not seeing how the investor partner is protected here. A JV agreement but nothing recorded and the small 1st stays?

Theoretically, a way to help secure the interests of this investor would be to grant them an option to buy at $205k (minus consideration paid of $106k) for 3.5yrs or until sold to your sub TB.  Simple and sub-able.  Notarized and recorded. 

It would be better for your investor of course to pay off the $74k mortgage.  Is this a normal mortgage or some kind cross-collateralized blanket? Either way, it represents risk. 

See this reply in the discussion

26 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Pat LulewiczBusiness Member
    Realtor · Raleigh NC and Greensboro, NC · Member since 2019 · 391 posts · 392 votes
    3y

    Would you quit claim the property into a new entity between y'all and the new partner? People will bring up the due-on-sale clause, especially these days when your lender can turn the capital around and get around 200 bps higher on new debt; your thoughts there? Because of the "sale" at the point of quit claim (since there's a new member involved and its not 1-for-1), have you consulted a CPA to discuss the tax effects? Depends on the answers above, but I'd also ask about basis and depreciation but that's a whole other can of worms.

  • Shiloh LundahlPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Gilbert, AZ · Member since 2016 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y

    @Pat Lulewicz I consulted with my accountant yesterday. The depreciation would not be shared. We wouldn’t do a quick claim deed. We would just create the partnership agreement that would outline how profits would be shared. Or the other way we could do it is through a note outlining how interest would be calculated and paid out on the note. He said we could do it either way.

  • Real Estate Agent · Boise, ID · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 888 votes
    3y

    @@Shiloh Lundahl really interesting concept. Is the new partner brining in 35,500 or 106,500? If I read it right they are buying in at 106,500 and get a 50% stake in the property. Why not take 74k of that pay and just pay the note off pocket 32500. If I was to partner on something like this it would be a lot more reassuring that there is no worry of the due on sale clause and it is owned outright. While its minimal eliminating bad outcomes makes it a lot easier for a passive investor, and you could Quit Claim to a new entity between you and the partner. If you are looking to maintain whole ownership why not just structure it as debt with predetermined payouts and a due on sale clause with a price component for a early payout... That way you back payments get rid of current lender and replace with lender structured the way you want it. 

    I don't see an investor taking second position @ 106k behind the 74k on a ~216-240k property with out terms you likely don't want. 

    love to hear how it turns out.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    3y

    Looks like about 6% COC and some equity if values hold . The Value add for investors having you guys run it and like you said teach them how to do it on their own.

  • Don KonipolBusiness Member
    Investor · The Woodlands TX / Avon, CT · Member since 2009 · 6k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    3y

    The buyer is paying for 100% of the property but only getting 50% of the cash flow and appreciation.  Additionally, to avoid the due on sale clause he’s taking on additional risk by not obtaining a recorded warranty deed in his name or the name of his entity.  It would be very interesting to see if there is a receptive market for this structured investment.

    Private Mortgage Financing Partners, LLC
  • Don KonipolBusiness Member
    Investor · The Woodlands TX / Avon, CT · Member since 2009 · 6k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Don Konipol:

    The buyer is paying for 100% of the property value  (less 25% “discount” ) but only getting 50% of the cash flow and appreciation.  Additionally, to avoid the due on sale clause he’s taking on additional risk by not obtaining a recorded warranty deed in his name or the name of his entity.  It would be very interesting to see if there is a receptive market for this structured investment.


    Private Mortgage Financing Partners, LLC
  • Investor · Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk · Member since 2021 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Shiloh Lundahl:

    Hey everybody, 

    I'd love to get some feedback from you about a new strategy that we are getting ready to employ.  But first I need to give a little background.  

    Your Comment: “I think that we could easily lease option these properties and fill them with good tenant/buyers for 3-years at higher than market rents”

    Your Comment: “The property would have a 3-year lease option tenant that could buy the property at $259,900 or whatever the property appraises for (whichever is higher) within the next 3 years.”

    I guess I missed something important somewhere in all the detail.

    Exactly what benefit is this to a lease option purchaser and why would he do this?

    Why would someone pay higher than market rents for a property that they have to pay more for in the future?

    Just looking for information I missed somehow.

  • Shiloh LundahlPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Gilbert, AZ · Member since 2016 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y

    @Don Konipol Thanks for your reply.

    Let me outline it better here.  The property value is about 240k. first we discount the property by 10% or 24k.  Then we subtract the remaining mortgage of around 76k (I said 74k above but this makes the math easier). That would equal 140k in effective equity.  The new partner comes in with 75% of the value of that equity or 105k.  The new partner now owns 140k of the investment.  We outline the payouts in the partnership agreement, but the property does remain in our company name.  We split the cash flow until we dispose of the property which is estimated to me 3 year.  The new partners profits are protected by 10% and his or her principle is protected by an additional 15% which is the equity the new partner walks into compared to the current value of the property. Also, there is principle pay down that we can bring to the table to further insulate any losses for the new partner.  

    So the IRR over 3 years on this turn key lease option partnership is around 14% or more if the property sells for more than 240k. Speaking of turn key properties, specifically, do you know of any that are doing better than that right now on the market that is set up for a 3 year play?

  • Shiloh LundahlPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Gilbert, AZ · Member since 2016 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y

    @Don Konipol and @Account Closed I just posted a video explaining outlining and detailing this strategy if it helps.

  • Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    3y

    Lease options are by far my favorite way to slow exit singles but I'm not seeing how the investor partner is protected here. A JV agreement but nothing recorded and the small 1st stays?

    Theoretically, a way to help secure the interests of this investor would be to grant them an option to buy at $205k (minus consideration paid of $106k) for 3.5yrs or until sold to your sub TB.  Simple and sub-able.  Notarized and recorded. 

    It would be better for your investor of course to pay off the $74k mortgage.  Is this a normal mortgage or some kind cross-collateralized blanket? Either way, it represents risk. 

  • Investor · Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk · Member since 2021 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Shiloh Lundahl:

    @Don Konipol and @Account Closed I just posted a video explaining outlining and detailing this strategy if it helps.

    Actually I wasn't asking HOW it works, I do a lot of Lease Options and have for decades, the question is WHY would a buyer agree to pay MORE than market rent and then pay whichever is HIGHER, the agreed to amount or a new appraisal. 

    There is nothing in it but risk for the lease optionee and no reward.

    It's like selling lemonade without sugar. Most won't buy it. But, some may drink it out of initial enthusiasm and then spit it out once they taste it 
  • Investor · Boulder, CO · Member since 2017 · 304 posts · 347 votes
    3y

    Love the creativity here @Shiloh Lundahl!  

    @Account Closed a TB would pay higher than market rents to build up credit and have a chance at home ownership.  Same reasons for agreeing to pay whichever is higher. I always credit the overage on rents to closing costs (if option is exercised) and people like the financial planning of it. Probably other ways to incentivize too..

    I'm almost a huge fan of this. I'm having trouble feeling comfortable about lending the 2nd with these terms. I wonder if the buffer were higher? Like 20%? Or if the investor got on the deed through a trust or other agreement like a JV?

  • Investor · Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk · Member since 2021 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Shiela R.:

    Love the creativity here @Shiloh Lundahl!  

    @Account Closed a TB would pay higher than market rents to build up credit and have a chance at home ownership.  Same reasons for agreeing to pay whichever is higher. I always credit the overage on rents to closing costs (if option is exercised) and people like the financial planning of it. Probably other ways to incentivize too..

    I'm almost a huge fan of this. I'm having trouble feeling comfortable about lending the 2nd with these terms. I wonder if the buffer were higher? Like 20%? Or if the investor got on the deed through a trust or other agreement like a JV?


    @Shiela Roberts: "Your Comment: "to build up credit" 

    Lease payments aren't reported to credit reporting bureaus and have no additional positive impact on someone's ability to purchase a property. It's the same as paying rent on a house you don't intend to buy. Nothing different.

    Your comment: "have a chance at home ownership"
    So, you are saying that the Tenant Buyer has to qualify for a loan with a higher appraisal at the end of spending the extra money and that is good for the Tenant Buyer? It's good for you but not for the buyer.

    Under what situation would you agree to be the buyer in this  scenario?

    I get it, you are creating an illusion to the tenant buyer that they are somehow better off paying more each month and hopefully being able to buy a property in the future for a higher price.

    Well, someone may fall for it. But basically you are playing with words on a bait and switch scheme.

  • Investor · Boulder, CO · Member since 2017 · 304 posts · 347 votes
    3y

    You are right @Account Closed.  Lease payments are not reported to credit reporting bureaus.  But my records of consistent on time payments received from a TB has worked for a lender/underwriter's requirements looking for additional payment history to qualify them for a loan.  Happy to provide this for them.

    They are going to be renting if not home owners. Might as well have part of their rent payment go towards a purchase if that is their ultimate goal.   They answer adds of mine that are "rent to own" so they are ecstatic to pay what we agree to. 

  • Investor · Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk · Member since 2021 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Shiela R.:

    You are right @Account Closed.  Lease payments are not reported to credit reporting bureaus.  But my records of consistent on time payments received from a TB has worked for a lender/underwriter's requirements looking for additional payment history to qualify them for a loan.  Happy to provide this for them.

    They are going to be renting if not home owners. Might as well have part of their rent payment go towards a purchase if that is their ultimate goal.   They answer adds of mine that are "rent to own" so they are ecstatic to pay what we agree to. 

    Is there financing on these with other than your name/entity such as taking over an existing loan or other creative financing?

    On the rent to own side do you close through escrow with disclosures, a title report and an appraisal
    or
    do you do a "kitchen table" closing where the tenant buyer takes your word for the value of the property and assumes you have title?

    I think he has bought these using creative financing and sometimes has a second on them with an unsophisticated lender which means if anything blows up, it blows up spectacularly. 

  • Investor · Boulder, CO · Member since 2017 · 304 posts · 347 votes
    3y

    Good questions @Account Closed. On the financing - it depends. Sometimes I do a "sandwich L/O" where I keep a seller's existing mortgage in place (one slice of bread) with permission to sublease the property to a tenant buyer (other slice of bread). I am the peanut butter between the slices of bread making $ on the spread facilitating payments being handled for the seller and tenant buyer. There are disclosures and additional agreements notarized and filed to protect all interests. One of which, is the Authorization to Release Loan Info so I can communicate and make payments directly to the seller's mortgage co. other times, I have financing in my name and I'm offering "rent to own" to a TB.

    Once new financing is brought in from the TB, yes standard closing at a title company, disclosures, etc.  It seems you are confusing a lease with the option to purchase for the actual sale.  No body buys on a lease option - they acquire a property via a lease with the exclusive option (but not obligation) to buy.

    I'm not totally clear on how Shiloh has structured these deals.  But more power to him if he has found a creative way to do so.  Remember you may not know what you don't know.  Just because you wouldn't do this doesn't mean there is not a market for it. :)

  • Investor · Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk · Member since 2021 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Shiela R.:

    Good questions @Account Closed. On the financing - it depends. Sometimes I do a "sandwich L/O" where I keep a seller's existing mortgage in place (one slice of bread) with permission to sublease the property to a tenant buyer (other slice of bread). I am the peanut butter between the slices of bread making $ on the spread facilitating payments being handled for the seller and tenant buyer. There are disclosures and additional agreements notarized and filed to protect all interests. One of which, is the Authorization to Release Loan Info so I can communicate and make payments directly to the seller's mortgage co. other times, I have financing in my name and I'm offering "rent to own" to a TB.

    Once new financing is brought in from the TB, yes standard closing at a title company, disclosures, etc.  It seems you are confusing a lease with the option to purchase for the actual sale.  No body buys on a lease option - they acquire a property via a lease with the exclusive option (but not obligation) to buy.

    I'm not totally clear on how Shiloh has structured these deals.  But more power to him if he has found a creative way to do so.  Remember you may not know what you don't know.  Just because you wouldn't do this doesn't mean there is not a market for it. :)


     Your comment: "No body buys on a lease option - they acquire a property via a lease with the exclusive option (but not obligation) to buy."

    Does Title go in to the buyer's name?

  • Investor · Boulder, CO · Member since 2017 · 304 posts · 347 votes
    3y

    @Account Closed. Title goes into the tenant buyer's name once they bring in new financing, like any other sale. But this is after (6 months - 3 years in Shiloh's case) they have lived in the property and fulfilled all the obligations on the lease. Then they may exercise their option to buy (bring in new financing). However, I think what you are asking is does a TB's name go on title while they have a lease with an option to buy? No. It's a lease like any other lease. The difference is the lease is accompanied by the option to purchase agreement (so 2 separate agreements ). They can get notarized and record a memorandum of agreement, however. I've never had any TB ask to do this but would have no issue with it as I intend to sell to my TBs. At the same time, I do get a mem of agreement when making a "sandwich" to protect my interest of the L/O from a seller;)

  • Shiloh LundahlPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Gilbert, AZ · Member since 2016 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y

    Hey @Account Closed it’s been awhile. It’s good to connect with you again.  

    So it sounds like the the biggest concern is being on title. I’ll need to check with my banker to see what we can do about that.  My goal would obviously be to extract some of the equity of the property while I maintain ownership AND protect the new partner at the same time.

  • Investor · Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk · Member since 2021 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Shiela R.:

    @Account Closed. Title goes into the tenant buyer's name once they bring in new financing, like any other sale. But this is after (6 months - 3 years in Shiloh's case) they have lived in the property and fulfilled all the obligations on the lease. Then they may exercise their option to buy (bring in new financing). However, I think what you are asking is does a TB's name go on title while they have a lease with an option to buy? No. It's a lease like any other lease. The difference is the lease is accompanied by the option to purchase agreement (so 2 separate agreements ). They can get notarized and record a memorandum of agreement, however. I've never had any TB ask to do this but would have no issue with it as I intend to sell to my TBs. At the same time, I do get a mem of agreement when making a "sandwich" to protect my interest of the L/O from a seller;)

    Thanks for the explanation. That's kind of what I thought you were doing.

    I don't know about Colorado, where you apparently are, but Texas for instance assumes a lease option of more than 6 months to be an executory contract subject to the Deceptive Consumer Protection Act. It also then requires that the existing lender give written consent. And it means eviction no longer applies, it is now a foreclosure process which takes much longer, is more costly, with no guarantee of results. I'm sure other states have similar laws.

    Along with that, it appears you are doing sandwich leases, which means you don't own the property and are potentially ensnaring some tenant buyer, unknowingly into the morass with you.

    As is covered in 11 U.S.C. § 365 "It is an area of the law described as a "thicket . . . where . . . lurks a hopelessly convoluted and contradictory jurisprudence."
    That simply means spending a lot of money & time trying to prove your case.

    So, I'm not trying to talk you out of doing what you're going to do, I'm just suggesting that you inform any investor that gets involved with you that you are doing this and what the outcomes may be. It's only fair to the investor.

    But, keep in mind, I am just some random guy on the internet.

  • Investor · Boulder, CO · Member since 2017 · 304 posts · 347 votes
    3y

    Sure thing @Account Closed as I feel like we hijacked his post a bit.  I'm sure he'd go into more detail of his exact practices to anyone who inquires.

    Bummer that TX has commandeered L/Os.  Part of the benefit is eviction over foreclosure if there is a problem. As I mentioned, I'm not currently doing this as our market wouldn't support it.  But when I started in the early 2000s it was gold.  I think it will come around sooner than later.  It is an excellent way to get started in controlling properties with very little to know money down. That is, if allowed in your area of course.  Thanks for being a random guy on the internet :)

  • Investor · Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk · Member since 2021 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Shiloh Lundahl:

    Hey @Account Closed it’s been awhile. It’s good to connect with you again.  

    So it sounds like the the biggest concern is being on title. I’ll need to check with my banker to see what we can do about that.  My goal would obviously be to extract some of the equity of the property while I maintain ownership AND protect the new partner at the same time.

    @Shiloh Lundahl: Hi Shiloh
    You know I love creative financing and that is all I have done for over 25 years.

    I'm just saying I would go through the transaction, step by step and look at it from each participant's angle and ask myself, "what could make this blow up"? and "if this blows up, what is my exposure and risk & what is my investor's exposure and risk" and let them know. There is a bunch more to this but it's too geeky to put into a post. You know, TLDR (Too Long Didn't Read" stuff.



  • Shiloh LundahlPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Gilbert, AZ · Member since 2016 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y

    @Account Closed I have really appreciated the feedback that I got from this thread and I have been going over and over again in my brain how to secure the investor better and I think that I came up with a great idea.  Here is what I am considering doing different.  

    I will partner up with an individual who will come in at 60% of the cost of there property and they will immediately get a 25% bump in their equity portion. I will then take the 60% and I will payoff the loan on the property making it free and clear. Then the property will have no loan on it and it will still have 25% equity over and above the new partners equity portion. We will then be able to both participate in depreciation and split the cash flow. There will also be a possible upside if the property sells for above the market value. This way the new partner is very insulated from market corrections. The property would have to drop 25% in order to lessen the new partner's equity portion. And it would have to drop 40% in order to effect the new partners capital contribution. The IRR looks to be 14% over 3 years.

    Tell me what you think.  The other really cool thing about this is that I can swap out collateral in and out of the portfolio loan at our low interest rate of 4.6%.  So even though we pay it off, we can still maintain the loan and bring another property in its place giving up an advantage over other buyers right now.

    Value240000
    Partner Contribution144000
    Partner Bump36000
    Partner Bump %0.25
    Partner Equity180000
    Rent1650
    Taxes & Insurance150
    Management165
    Cash Flow1335
    Cash Flow Each667.5
    Total Rent59400
    Total Taxes & Insurance5400
    Total Management5940
    Total Cash Flow48060
    Total Cash Flow Each24030
    Total Option Fee3900
    Total Gain for investor60030
    IRR14%
    Current Loan76000
    Comes to us after loan payoff71900
    Partner Equity Plus Loan180000
    Total Profit for us.155930
    Term in Months36
  • Don KonipolBusiness Member
    Investor · The Woodlands TX / Avon, CT · Member since 2009 · 6k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Shiloh Lundahl:

    @Account Closed I have really appreciated the feedback that I got from this thread and I have been going over and over again in my brain how to secure the investor better and I think that I came up with a great idea.  Here is what I am considering doing different.  

    I will partner up with an individual who will come in at 60% of the cost of there property and they will immediately get a 25% bump in their equity portion. I will then take the 60% and I will payoff the loan on the property making it free and clear. Then the property will have no loan on it and it will still have 25% equity over and above the new partners equity portion. We will then be able to both participate in depreciation and split the cash flow. There will also be a possible upside if the property sells for above the market value. This way the new partner is very insulated from market corrections. The property would have to drop 25% in order to lessen the new partner's equity portion. And it would have to drop 40% in order to effect the new partners capital contribution. The IRR looks to be 14% over 3 years.

    Tell me what you think.  The other really cool thing about this is that I can swap out collateral in and out of the portfolio loan at our low interest rate of 4.6%.  So even though we pay it off, we can still maintain the loan and bring another property in its place giving up an advantage over other buyers right now.

    Value240000
    Partner Contribution144000
    Partner Bump36000
    Partner Bump %0.25
    Partner Equity180000
    Rent1650
    Taxes & Insurance150
    Management165
    Cash Flow1335
    Cash Flow Each667.5
    Total Rent59400
    Total Taxes & Insurance5400
    Total Management5940
    Total Cash Flow48060
    Total Cash Flow Each24030
    Total Option Fee3900
    Total Gain for investor60030
    IRR14%
    Current Loan76000
    Comes to us after loan payoff71900
    Partner Equity Plus Loan180000
    Total Profit for us.155930
    Term in Months36
    My personal experience as a syndicator is that all things being equal, people prefer simpler to more complicated.  I would suggest finding a way to simplify your proposed offering.  
    Also, complying with SEC Reg D with an SEC filing goes a long way toward selling investors on the legitimacy of your deal.
    Private Mortgage Financing Partners, LLC
  • Ronald RohdePro Member
    Attorney · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y

    I don't a way to protect the investor. Sounds a lot like selling securities. Did you plan to file for an exemption? Accredited investors only?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.