Austin/ San Antonio areas of opportunity

Austin/ San Antonio areas of opportunity

Member since 2019 · 219 posts · 99 votes

I'm looking to buy in the SA/ Austin area for appreciation/rent growth, as I see great long-term potential in this area.

I am currently looking at the I-35 corridor, including NE San Antonio, New Braunfels, San Marcos and Kyle, but also interested in other areas that may have potential away from this corridor.

What do you recommend for good growth cities/ neighborhoods in these two cities?

2Reply
19 views

Most Popular Reply

New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2020 · 33 posts · 13 votes
5y

I was born and raised in San Antonio and over time, the city has expanded. You can buy giant homes for dirt cheap if that’s what you’re into but for the most part you’re really in it for the northerns public school areas and the homes out in the “country”. Good luck I think this would be a great area to invest in and I would do it too if I lived back home.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Wholesaler · Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Hey Tyler, I work with many investors in those areas.  What i've been seeing is a big trend in Buda and of course Del Valle where Tesla is moving.  Could be some other good areas to consider. Great buy and hold/flips in buda.  Let me know if I can help more.  

  • Member since 2021 · 20 posts · 19 votes
    5y

    We bought our first home in SA in 2020 and I can tell you things are definitely appreciating in SA! SA is also cheaper than Austin. SA will only continue to grow. 

  • Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Tyler D.

    Hi Tyler,

    We work with investors from Dallas to San Antonio. PM me and we can meet and discuss your main strategy.

    My husband and I have been investing for over 10 years.

  • New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2020 · 33 posts · 13 votes
    5y

    I was born and raised in San Antonio and over time, the city has expanded. You can buy giant homes for dirt cheap if that’s what you’re into but for the most part you’re really in it for the northerns public school areas and the homes out in the “country”. Good luck I think this would be a great area to invest in and I would do it too if I lived back home.

  • Real Estate Agent · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2017 · 523 posts · 362 votes
    5y

    @Tyler D. I would be careful on buying for appreciation man can be a high risk high reward game. I personally try and steer most "new" San Antonio Investors away from the NE side of San Antonio because it can be pretty rough depending on where you buy. It is lower income and lower middle class in most areas, I used to manage about 100 duplex's on the NE side and they were our biggest problem properties. If you believe in the 80/20 principle these 20% of our properties were causing 80% of our issues and taking up 80% of our time. However with that being said there are still great deals on the NE side of town I just personally prefer to avoid that area also because NEISD isn't as desirable of a school district so most families aren't flocking to be apart of those schools. 

  • Member since 2019 · 26 posts · 13 votes
    5y

    @Tyler D.... I have half a dozen properties in SA area. My advice, focus on areas where you know there is going to be strong rental demand year after year -- not always the shiny new developments. I have most of my properties close to the Medical Center in SA and have had tremendous success with quality renters (doctors, nurses, folks within medical industry) over the years. I have seen some solid appreciation on my properties, but better than that... almost no vacancies and very, very little wear and tear on my properties. Just my $.02

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.