Whatever happened to these 2 guys...

Whatever happened to these 2 guys...

Flipper/Rehabber · West Hartford, CT · Member since 2013 · 128 posts · 52 votes

I remember seeing these posts years ago. Matt H. (OP) seemed to be on top of the world back when he was an active member. He was riding the appreciation wave all the way to the top.

Here's a post that caught my eye: https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/48/topics/9594-life-altering-financial-desicions-to-make-

Michael Rossi seemed to know exactly what was coming with the 2008 recession based on his response.

2 guys on total opposite ends of the risk/reward spectrum, with tons of value shared through their posts...

0Reply
1 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Willow Spring, NC · Member since 2009 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    not sure about these two, but lots of builders fit this kind of mind set back then. By 2008, many were being cleaned out and their whole portfolios of 40%, 60%, ... 100% complete houses lost to foreclosure.

  • Full-Time Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y
    I remember coming across that thread a few years ago (looks like 2010). It was shocking to me and I keep that lesson in my head going forward with my investments.
  • Denver, CO · Member since 2013 · 409 posts · 105 votes
    12y

    Bubble logic is fascinating. I love reading such time stamped perspectives. Both educational and entertaining. 2000 Tech Stock bubble and 2012 Gold Bubble posts are equally interesting. They all share a similar disconnect from real fundamentals.

    As far as the what happened to these two guys question, my guess is one of them went broke, the other got tired of reading and responding to the same newbie questions that dominate message boards like this.

  • Rental Property Investor · Upstate, NY · Member since 2012 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    From what I could gather the original poster was based in Edmonton, Canada & it's a whole different ball game there. So based on the stats in the following link I would assume he is not hurting.

    https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pKhf_Qhx1jfrbTbcuR-dHSw

    Our Canadian properties continue to show significant appreciation regardless of the RE pullback in the USA.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.