Looking for an Indiana cash out Refi lender for small loan

Looking for an Indiana cash out Refi lender for small loan

Member since 2018 · 11 posts · 3 votes

My partner and I just picked up our first house in Indiana, paid cash, and are currently reaching out to contractors now to get our first BRRRR under way. Really exciting, but also a little nerve wrecking that we may not be able to raise the value enough to cash out refi.

Details - Property purchased for 28,000, would currently rent for 450 a month however we would like to rehab it to begin collecting closer to 650. Thinking new floors, paint, we are adding a wall and a door to add a bedroom (currently listed as a 2 bed but one only has a curtain separating it from the main living space). Most of the house is stylistically outdated, but incredibly well maintained. Comps in the area valued anywhere from 30-58K. Having difficulty finding a contractor that is available before June/July. 

My questions are these:
Where have you found the biggest bang for your buck when it comes to adding value?
Anyone have experience with lenders getting a cash out refi for a home that is valued <50K (Worst case scenario)

Excited to actually be able to call myself an investor! Looking forward to growing with this incredible community!

0Reply
22 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · IN (indiana) · Member since 2020 · 109 posts · 53 votes
    5y

    @Daniel Vaccaro I have 2 for you. I dont think BP allows me to post personal info. Message me and I will send them to you

  • Property Manager · Lindenhurst, IL · Member since 2016 · 854 posts · 506 votes
    5y

    @Daniel Vaccaro I just sent you a PM.

  • Rental Property Investor · Bloomington, IN · Member since 2018 · 70 posts · 78 votes
    5y

    Congrats on the property! Getting the first one is have the battle. It’s scary to jump in, but I promise you will be hooked. I would definitely add that wall to create a bedroom. If you post some pics, I might be able to give you some thoughts on where to concentrate  Reno money to up the value. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.