My first invest in Florida can I make 10% after expenses?

My first invest in Florida can I make 10% after expenses?

Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 4 votes

Hello I’m 22 years old and I have 50k to invest I want to get a loan of 150k and invest in a multi family that need a rehab and do it my self.

Like buy for 150k and rehab for more 50k

After that rent it until I can sell it for like 220k

And make profit for that it’s nice after the rehab whiles I rent it it’s possible to make 10% a year after expenses?

Or I just a kid and all I’m saying is a fake dream and I will sell my *** for it?

0Reply
13 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2019 · 448 posts · 306 votes
6y

@Roi Horowitz

Buy a house with a 5% conventional loan. That gets you in the door for less than $20,000. Fix it up and live for free while having tenants pay it down. And keep saving your money. $50,000 can get you 2 great cashflow homes in Florida

-Matt.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2019 · 448 posts · 306 votes
    6y

    @Roi Horowitz

    Buy a house with a 5% conventional loan. That gets you in the door for less than $20,000. Fix it up and live for free while having tenants pay it down. And keep saving your money. $50,000 can get you 2 great cashflow homes in Florida

    -Matt.

  • Cory CarlsonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · OR · Member since 2018 · 311 posts · 226 votes
    6y

    Consult with a broker who specializes in small multifamily acquisitions and has a pulse in the plex market.  You sound like a great candidate for an owner occupied multifamily property. You can force more appreciation in an income producing property and as you accumulate more wealth and continue to look for projects you will have subsidized housing costs and options. You could always move and just turn the duplex into a rental. 

    Constant Commercial Real Estate Inc543 Reviews
  • Member since 2020 · 34 posts · 22 votes
    6y

    @Roi Horowitz I think it depends on where in FL.  The market I am checking, Orlando area, you wouldn't be able to do anything.  What you are saying you want to do, is very doable but depends on the area.  And realize what you want to do, many others would and are looking at doing the same thing.  They have cash to pay for properties, will do zero inspections, etc.  So early bird gets the worm kind of thing.  I think you need to target an area, do your hw (LOTS OF HW) and determine if the area is capable of sustaining what you want to do.

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    What areas in fl are you talking about,

  • Member since 2020 · 34 posts · 22 votes
    6y

    @D Allen Orlando and surrounding counties.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.