Introducing myself to the community; inquiring about tax records

Introducing myself to the community; inquiring about tax records

Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Hey everybody, my name is Cameron and a friend of mine has been absorbing as much as she can on BiggerPockets for as long as I've known her(just over a year). She's finally at a point where shes trying to make the real estate dream a realty reality, and I must have caught the fever because I can't stop asking questions and reading as much as I can about everything. I look forward to learning from you all!

So, what I seem to understand the least(aside from working with contractors) is how do I utilize county tax records to find tax liens and probate leads? I intend on calling my local tax collection office to ask how it's handled in my county(Martin County), but it all goes over my head enough that I'm not completely confident in what I should even be asking. Thanks in advance for reading!

0Reply
16 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Wimauma, FL · Member since 2018 · 24 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    hello cam, 

    Welcome to the community.  I was much like yourself when I started. I eventually got a book that thoroughly goes through tax lien investments called " investing in real estate tax liens and deeds" by jamaine Burrell. 

    I hope this helps 

    Good luck 

    John 

  • Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    I'll check it out, thanks!

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    7y

    Welcome to BP @Cam Shasteen often the county website has information on tax sales. It may take a little hunting. It is not usually on the first page. 

    Probate information will be in the Probate court or orphans court. It may have a different name in your area.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.