UCLA Senior Investing in Kansas City, MO

UCLA Senior Investing in Kansas City, MO

Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2020 · 20 posts · 13 votes

Hi all!

I am currently finishing up my degree in Molecular Biology at UCLA, and will start work in Real Estate Asset Management in April in San Diego, CA. 

My goals for 2021:

1. Own 12 rental units by 12/31/2021 (SFR and multifamily, ideally duplexes) in Parkville, Lee's Summit, Blue Springs, or Liberty, MO

2. Syndicate at least one deal

My goals for January 2021:

1. Build a strong team in Kansas City, MO (RE Agent, Lender, PM, and Contractor)

2. Purchase 1 unit in Kansas City, MO

If anyone has experience working or investing in Kansas City, MO or starting out investing while still in school, I would love to hear from you! I'm trying to learn as much as I can about the metro and best practices for beginning to invest, and any advice is super welcome!

2Reply
17 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Milpitas, CA · Member since 2016 · 376 posts · 248 votes
    5y

    Hey @Luke Bricca, go Bruins! Congrats on having such ambitious goals. How do you plan on financing all of these projects?

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    @Luke Bricca I love your ambition and precise goals for this year! What are the steps you will take to get your first deal? Do you have a system in place for the other deals following?

  • Member since 2021 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    Amazing work, Luke. I admire your ambition and I like how clear your goals are. I am also a Los Angeles native and graduated from CSUN not too long ago. My mom lived in SD for a while....amazing city to live in, I hope you enjoy your new real estate adventure there, I am sure you'll kill it. I recently sold my amazon business, I have some cash to invest and searching for my first multifamily deal, currently also interested in Lee's Summit

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.