NEW TO REAL ESTATE IS THIS A BAD DEAL!!!

NEW TO REAL ESTATE IS THIS A BAD DEAL!!!

Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes

My name is Charles and I am looking to close my first deal, and although I done my due diligence I am nervous that I could be  missing something. The Deal is a Subject to 2/1 with at asking price of 145k with 20K down (flexible) with 20k to be pay to owner in the next 5 to 7 years we believe the property to  be worth 155k . The property has a section 8 tenant that was live there for 8 years. The tenant pays $1080 and the mortgage payment is $860 leaving a cash flow 220, also the rent was not been raised since the tenant move in 8 years ago. The property was a working toilet and stink in the basement that can be easily be upgraded  to a 3/2. The property owner owes 104k on the original loan at 5.1% and pulled an additional 20k  adding up to 124k, the 20k down would go to pay off the 2nd loan(which is near it's do date) leaving the mortgage at the original $104.  This looks like a good deal to me but I am skeptical because this is my  first deal and I feel like can be overly excited or not know enough to see the whole picture. I could really use some input from a different perspective. If you have any questions about deal please let me know. 

                                                          THANK YOU,

0Reply
17 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Raleigh, NC · Member since 2018 · 32 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    How many years left on the loan and is the $860 PITI?

  • Savannah GA · Member since 2019 · 21 posts · 12 votes
    6y

    When I start looking at a deal I want to see the price 21% lower than the ARV 15% for me and 6 % for the agent if you have to sell minus repair and closing costs.

    79% of 155k is 122.45k.

    minus 20 for repair and closing.

    I'd offer 102k.

  • Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    6y

    Might be good but Not at 145 and not with 20k down , geez your giving the guy the Whole farm 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.