Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 2 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
New Member Introductions
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Matt Smith
  • Powell, OH
Votes |
New investor from Alabama

Matt Smith
  • Powell, OH
Posted Sep 12 2016, 18:52

Hello Bigger Pockets Community. My name is Matt Smith and I'm from Pell City, AL. I am very new to real estate investing but am ready to jump in and get started. I have a full time job working in the Auto Industry and make pretty decent money. My immediate goal from investing is to gain long term wealth through passive income. As I gain knowledge, begin investing and hopefully have success, my goals may change (possibly go full time investing and retire from my job in 10 years). 

With all that said, I'd like to discuss a few areas of investing that I'm interested in. I am not (at least now) interested in flipping although it could be an option in the future. What intrigues me the most after reading tons of posts, listening to Podcasts, etc.. is multifamily units. The concern I have with this is that there doesn't seem to be alot available in my area. If there are any investors in my area that have had success with multifamily, I'd like to discuss if possible. Please let me know. 

The other area that really has my interest is vacation rentals. I've been investigating these for quite some time now. My initial review was on the Gulf Coast (beach condos) and in the Tennessee mountains (Gatlinburg/ Pigeon Forge). After a bit of looking, the beach condos do not seem to be a good area to try and get cash flow. If there are any BP members that are having success, I'd certainly like to hear your stories and possibly discuss 1 on 1. The mountain cabin rental in Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge seems to be a bit more promising. This area seems to be busy almost year round where the beach only seems to be busy during the summer. We actually go to Gatlinburg every year at Christmas time and I know exactly how busy it is at that time of the year. So, as with the other areas I've mentioned, if there are any members having success here, please let me know.

Thanks for any replies with information on the areas I've mentioned above. 

Loading replies...