Multifamily investor in SoCal getting into vacation rentals

Multifamily investor in SoCal getting into vacation rentals

Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 2 votes

Hi everyone, I've been lurking for a bit, but after listening to a few of the BiggerPockets podcasts encouraging listeners to post in the forums, I've decided to start.

I'm in the second leg of a 1031 exchange, about to close on my first vacation rental property. It's a SFR in Joshua Tree, near the park. The plan is to fix it up and rent it out via VRBO, Airbnb, and other vacation rental sites. Then I hope to purchase more vacation rentals before the 180-day deadline of the 1031 exchange.

I'm looking to meet others -- feel free to connect!

1Reply
13 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Mineola, NY · Member since 2014 · 838 posts · 212 votes
    11y

    @Audrey G. would love to connect!! Send me a message maybe we can talk about some real estate for a little.

  • Investor · Bolton, MA · Member since 2012 · 133 posts · 72 votes
    11y

    @Audrey G. Hi Audrey I operate a vacation rental in Florida. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have about the vacation rental business.

  • Rental Property Investor · Saratoga Springs, NY · Member since 2014 · 122 posts · 101 votes
    11y

    Fun! Good for you! Heard that area is stunning. Welcome to the weekly world. 

  • Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    @Karen Bickford and @Maura Paler, thank you so much.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.