New York Resident- Had I introduced myself four months from now...

New York Resident- Had I introduced myself four months from now...

New to Real Estate · Lakeland, FL · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 2 votes

...Then it would've been a year since I've signed up for Biggerpockets.com! Now that's a long time to wait to say hello. No worries guys, I have kept myself busy in the meantime through the blogs, podcasts and books recommended by you all. Oh I'm rambling a little aren't I? Ahem..

Hello Biggerpockets and friends! The name is Josue Fernandez and I'm from and currently reside from the city that never sleeps, NYC. I had just recently moved almost 6 months ago to a new apartment in the Bronx with my beautiful wife after getting married in August and have been having a blast ever since. 

I don't have background in real estate at the moment, I work a full time job to pay the bills as a Security Officer for retail businesses in NYC and am looking to fund my escape using Real Estate Investments as the vehicle for that. 

Before I get into my goals, I'd like to share a story that you've probably heard many say... How Robert Kiyosaki got people to open the eyes of their mind to seek financial independence and that is what happened to me when I read his book, 'Rich Dad Poor Dad'. As soon as I was done, it was all I could think of. Without being a Drama King, I just couldn't see the world the same after having finished reading Robert's book and knew in my heart I had to do something to change my life and take the reins. I took note of real estate as a possible investment option in the book and decided to look up what people were doing in real estate and find information for cheap (or free because I'm cheap!) and found this... Biggerpockets. Rich dad changed my life, Biggerpockets has given me the medium to interact with those who had real estate investing change theirs and now I seek the same.

You can find my goals in my profile listed in the goals section if you'd like to know more in depth but here they are: 

Hybrid Investing by selecting neglected, trashed properties, rehabbing to bring it up to market and renting it out to tenants for cash flow through creative financing, I'm interested with Seller Financing as a start. 

For 2015, I would like to make an offer and close a deal before the end of year on a multi-unit property (2-4) using seller financing. In 3 years I would like to have 20 units under my belt cash flowing with the rent at the going market rate! Eventually I would like to have small apartments.

That's me and my REI dreams in a nutshell. I look forward to meeting and greeting you guys. Time to go find another blog to read! See ya.

2Reply
11 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2014 · 916 posts · 190 votes
11y

Welcome to Bigger Pockets @Josue Fernandez !

Big dreams get big results when acted upon bro. Keep your eye on the prize and good luck in your endeavor.

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2014 · 916 posts · 190 votes
    11y

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets @Josue Fernandez !

    Big dreams get big results when acted upon bro. Keep your eye on the prize and good luck in your endeavor.

  • Investor/RE Broker · Eugene, OR · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 968 votes
    11y

    @Josue Fernandez 

    Hello and welcome to BP!

  • New to Real Estate · Lakeland, FL · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Thanks for the warm welcome, guys! 

  • Specialist · Sibley, LA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 190 votes
    11y

    @Josue Fernandez Howdy

    Nice to see another great RE investor coming aboard here on BP. There are so many places to start when coming to this site for the first time. So take your time and read as much as can, and don't forget t check out the great Podcast Josh and Brandon host here on BP.

    Check out some awesome content to get the ball rolling. 

    The Ultimate Guide to Real Estate Marketing: 10 Tools to Generate Unlimited Leads

    Here is another good place to start by reading some top blog posts here on BP

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/author/antoniocoleman/

  • Matthew WeiserPro Member
    Investor · Flushing, NY · Member since 2013 · 175 posts · 29 votes
    11y

    Hi @Josue Fernandez welcome to BiggerPockets!

  • Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2013 · 93 posts · 23 votes
    11y

    welcome to B.P.... 

  • New to Real Estate · Lakeland, FL · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    @Antonio Coleman , Thanks for the welcome brother. The biggerpockets podcast is exactly where I first went to once I got here! I enjoy listening to the duo having a blast and have found buckets of wisdom and knowledge in every podcast I've listened to thus far. I'm checking out the links as soon as I'm done with this post.

    @Matthew Weiser, Thanks Matt! I appreciate it very much. 

    @Willie Morales,  Thanks! Glad to be here. I look forward to connecting with you all.

  • Rental Property Investor · Yorba Linda, CA · Member since 2012 · 336 posts · 69 votes
    11y

    @Josue Fernandez 

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets! As a real estate investor for over 40 years I can attest that there has never been a more valuable resource available for the newbie or the initiated. I have made many mistakes in my life and if I or others on the site can help you avoid our mistakes our time will be well spent. All you need to do is read the blogs or post a question and the responses will be educating and gratifying.

    All the best!

  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    @Josue Fernandez 

    Welcome. Time to build the foundation below.

    Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses,The Book on Estimating ReHab Costshttp://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

    Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and all the cash buyers (rehabbers) you will need.

    Consider checking out HUD homes for small multi's owner occupied gets first crack.

    Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

    http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

    Good luck

    Paul

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.