Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
New Member Introductions
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Chad Svendsen
  • Appraiser
  • Union Grove, WI
Votes |
Wisconsin Investor

Chad Svendsen
  • Appraiser
  • Union Grove, WI
Posted

I see everyone introducing themselves so figured i should also. We are James Property and Holding located in Wisconsin. We are full time appraisers who run a family owned real estate appraisal company with over a combined 60 years of experience. We flipped properties prior to the housing market crashing. We just got back into and currently have two properties being flipped and are currently looking for more. We use a combination of Hard Money Lenders as well as private money from personal investors. If you would be interesting in working with real estate professionals who understand markets and property values please contact us. We do work with lenders as appraisers on there foreclosures determining market values as well as with private lenders in determining investors ARV for hard money loans. Thanks for reading.

User Stats

Votes
Jon Huber
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Boca Raton, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Boca Raton, FL
Replied

@Chad Svendsen

Welcome to the community! BP has a tremendous amount of information to help you, but it is only available if you seek it out. Be sure to be as active as possible. Read blogs, post questions, and the podcasts are the greatest. The best free education you can get. Good luck!

User Stats

Votes
Chad Svendsen
  • Appraiser
  • Union Grove, WI
Votes |
  • Appraiser
  • Union Grove, WI
Replied

@Jon Huber

Thanks Jon. I find alot of the forums very educational to read in my free time. I will hopefully get more active as time goes on. I am just observing right now to see how people respond and communicate. I do not want to be that guy LOL.

BiggerPockets logo
Network With Property Managers
|
BiggerPockets
Partnering with a property manager before you buy will boost your bottom line. Match and mingle with top property managers now!

User Stats

Votes
Michael Henry
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Brookfield, WI
Votes |
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Brookfield, WI
Replied

Welcome; If you ever get to the Milwaukee area look me up. 

User Stats

Votes
Chad Svendsen
  • Appraiser
  • Union Grove, WI
Votes |
  • Appraiser
  • Union Grove, WI
Replied
@Michael Henry:

Thanks Michael, I will do! What area do you cover?

User Stats

Votes
Dave Carpenter
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Cedarburg, WI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Cedarburg, WI
Replied

@Chad Svendsen  welcome! Sounds like you have a good start on sharing with transparency and not pushing. You will be just fine! Dig in with specific questions and maybe set up keyword alerts for appraisals. Your experience may allow you to help those with questions about appraisals.

User Stats

Votes
Chad Svendsen
  • Appraiser
  • Union Grove, WI
Votes |
  • Appraiser
  • Union Grove, WI
Replied
@Dave Carpenter

Thanks Dave. I am cautious about giving advice regarding appraisals in open forums. If someone wanted to contact me directly i would gladly discuss appraisal issues with them. I deal with appraisal issues on a daily basis. I have learned over 20 years that there are usually two sides to a story and you should not base your opinion on half the truth. 

User Stats

Votes
Elizabeth Colegrove
  • Hanford, CA
Votes |
  • Hanford, CA
Replied

Welcome to Biggerpockets!

You found the place to be! You will find no better place to build a solid platform than bigger pockets. The one thing we all agree up on is that we invest in real estate. Beyond that everyone is different.

I highly recommend you also check out- the blogs, forums and listen to the podcasts. If you see a post you enjoy check out the persons signature. As many of us have created resources around our niche (websites, blogs, etc) so checking out the signature is a great to get more information. Make sure you don't miss out on networking is by filling out your signature, profile and pming people with questions.

Look forward to seeing you around!  

User Stats

Votes
Jeremy Tillotson
  • Investor
  • Fort Wayne, IN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Fort Wayne, IN
Replied

welcome to BP1

User Stats

Votes
Dave Visaya
Pro Member
  • Audio Engineer and Investor
  • Cebu City, Cebu
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Audio Engineer and Investor
  • Cebu City, Cebu
ModeratorReplied

Hey @Chad Svendsen welcome to the site! It's great to have you! 

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Turner
Pro Member
#3 Questions About BiggerPockets & Official Site Announcements Contributor
  • Investor
  • Maui, HI
Votes |
Pro Member
#3 Questions About BiggerPockets & Official Site Announcements Contributor
  • Investor
  • Maui, HI
Replied

Hey @Chad Svendsen thanks for introducing yourself! It's great to have you here! Don't miss The BiggerPockets Podcast - they are great for learning how others are finding success.

Oh - and be sure to set up some Keyword Alerts- especially for "Union Grove" so you'll be notified when people mention it here in the forums.

Thanks again for introducing yourself!

User Stats

Votes
Dmitriy Fomichenko
Tax & Financial Services
Pro Member
#1 New Member Introductions Contributor
  • Solo 401k Expert
  • Anaheim Hills, CA
Votes |
Tax & Financial Services
Pro Member
#1 New Member Introductions Contributor
  • Solo 401k Expert
  • Anaheim Hills, CA
Replied

Welcome to BP community @Chad Svendsen  It is a great place to meet new friends and learn about various aspects of real estate and more. 

Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet

Wishing you the best!