New Investors in the Rhode Island Area

New Investors in the Rhode Island Area

Member since 2022 路 4 posts 路 1 vote

Hi everyone! My name is Taylor Payton and I am a Realtor In Rhode Island. My boyfriend and I are beginning our investment journey by looking to acquire our first multi family house hack. We just started looking last month and have been to several open houses but nothing stood out to us yet. Being a new realtor and new investors we were hoping to reach out to others around us in the same boat or whom have been successful currently/in the past. We've been looking all over the state but have been debating on continuing to look in providence as we are not very familiar with the area. If someone has experience in providence and could give us a run down of where to avoid vs. where to invest in that would be great. Hope to chat with you all soon!

1Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

Buy and Hold Investor 路 Cranston, RI 路 Member since 2013 路 1k+ posts 路 1k+ votes
4y

@Taylor C Payton I鈥檇 be happy to connect with you and give you some thoughts about various areas of Providence 馃槉

If you鈥檙e looking to connect with even more folks I recommend the RI Real Estate Investors Group which meets twice monthly, once a month on Zoom and another in-person in Warwick.

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Buy and Hold Investor 路 Cranston, RI 路 Member since 2013 路 1k+ posts 路 1k+ votes
    4y

    @Taylor C Payton I鈥檇 be happy to connect with you and give you some thoughts about various areas of Providence 馃槉

    If you鈥檙e looking to connect with even more folks I recommend the RI Real Estate Investors Group which meets twice monthly, once a month on Zoom and another in-person in Warwick.

  • Mekkel BlanchardBusiness Member
    Realtor 路 Taunton MA 路 Member since 2018 路 39 posts 路 20 votes
    4y

    Hi Taylor, that鈥檚 awesome you and your boyfriend are jumping in to the market to househack. I am also a realtor in RI and MA. I house hacked a property in Cumberland RI and also own property in Woonsocket RI. Cumberland is a great area to invest very nice town and still 15 min or so providence. Woonsocket is a great market for renters and can have strong cashflow. If ever interested in chatting more about Ri/Ma investing let me know! I love chatting real estate 馃彙 

  • River SavaPro Member
    Lender 路 USA 路 Member since 2022 路 1k+ posts 路 1k+ votes
    4y

    Hi Taylor! 

    Wonderful that you鈥檙e looking into your first investment property! I grew up not too far (Boston) and am very familiar with the area. Would love to connect and offer insight! 

  • Julio GonzalezPro Member
    Specialist 路 West Palm Beach, FL 路 Member since 2008 路 4k+ posts 路 1k+ votes
    4y

    Hi Taylor, you found the right place for information.

  • Investor 路 Member since 2022 路 36 posts 路 17 votes
    4y

    @Taylor C Payton Happy to help, I'm working a 2-family with the potential to house hack right now. As others have mentioned there are few B/C rated areas for cashflow and renters just outside of Providence as well.

  • Member since 2022 路 4 posts 路 1 vote
    4y
    Quote from @Anthony Thompson:

    @Taylor C Payton I鈥檇 be happy to connect with you and give you some thoughts about various areas of Providence 馃槉

    If you鈥檙e looking to connect with even more folks I recommend the RI Real Estate Investors Group which meets twice monthly, once a month on Zoom and another in-person in Warwick.

    Thank you, that would be amazing. I just sent you a request to connect, still learning how to use this website! I liked the investor page on Facebook and will definitely be attending the next meetings.
  • Member since 2022 路 4 posts 路 1 vote
    4y
    Quote from @Mekkel Blanchard:

    Hi Taylor, that鈥檚 awesome you and your boyfriend are jumping in to the market to househack. I am also a realtor in RI and MA. I house hacked a property in Cumberland RI and also own property in Woonsocket RI. Cumberland is a great area to invest very nice town and still 15 min or so providence. Woonsocket is a great market for renters and can have strong cashflow. If ever interested in chatting more about Ri/Ma investing let me know! I love chatting real estate 馃彙 

    Despite living in RI my whole life the top of the state feels like another world to me. Since the beginning of our search we've seen a lot of properties hitting the market from Woonsocket so getting a better understanding of that area would we huge for us. I will head to your page now and connect!
  • Member since 2022 路 4 posts 路 1 vote
    4y
    Quote from @Ian Halter:

    @Taylor C Payton Happy to help, I'm working a 2-family with the potential to house hack right now. As others have mentioned there are few B/C rated areas for cashflow and renters just outside of Providence as well.


     That would be amazing I just sent over a connection so we can chat more. Thank you!

  • Real Estate Agent 路 Riverside, RI 路 Member since 2014 路 70 posts 路 28 votes
    4y

    Hi @Taylor C Payton

    I am also a Realtor and investor in Rhode Island.  I would love to connect with you and meet for coffee or something to talk real estate.  As Anthony mentioned, the Investors Group is a great place to connect with investors and to learn.  My advice is to stay patent and stay consistent.  It's a challenging market right now, but the deals are out there.

    Good Luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.