Any lenders lending to self employed? (for primary residence)

Any lenders lending to self employed? (for primary residence)

Denver, CO · Member since 2017 · 102 posts · 48 votes

I would love to refi my primary home (and if possible do a cash out refi on another property) but I'm self-employed and of course most of my 2020 income has moved to 2021 since my main job is in the wedding industry.  So while 2020 sucks, 2021 is going to be a ball buster (hopefully).  My regular broker thinks he can get the refi done on my primary but at 3%.  That's great of course, but a friend just got 2.75% and I called her broker and he was like "nope - not doing anything for self-employed right now even if you have stellar credit".  Are there other options that are actually doing loans for people like me right now?   I'm in Denver. 

0Reply
7 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Springfield, MO · Member since 2019 · 462 posts · 365 votes
6y

I would not worry about a 0.25% difference in rate... if you have someone already set at 3.0% then go for it. 

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Springfield, MO · Member since 2019 · 462 posts · 365 votes
    6y

    I would not worry about a 0.25% difference in rate... if you have someone already set at 3.0% then go for it. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Portland, OR · Member since 2019 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    Well, if you have a valid tax return, good history and can meet the DTI conditions, self-employment shouldn't be an issue.

  • Dan MackinBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Erie, CO · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 512 votes
    6y

    Send me a message @Julie Hill and I'll connect you with the broker I go through. He usually has good options for self employed.

  • Morris County, NJ · Member since 2020 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    @Julie Hill

    Yes, if you have a history of self employment hey are still lending. Direct message me if you want a referral to a lender.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2018 · 268 posts · 152 votes
    6y

    @Julie Hill I sent you a message of the lender I use.

  • Lender · Littleton, CO · Member since 2014 · 10 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    Hi Julie, 

    I'm a bit late to this thread, however, FIrstBank is a great portfolio lender. Send me a message if you have any questions. 

  • Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2017 · 589 posts · 251 votes
    5y

    You should be good to go as long as you have a strong tax return. A little percentage won't bother you if you can still get the deal done. Best of luck to you. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.