Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
California Real Estate Q&A Discussion Forum
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Fiona Humphrey
  • Sacramento, CA
Votes |
Renting to a Residential Care Facility

Fiona Humphrey
  • Sacramento, CA
Posted

Hi, 

I am in negotiations to purchase a property in Sacramento, CA which has an existing lease with a Residential Care Facility. The price and the rental income are good. I have looked up the license of the business with the state and they are in good standing with only small violations in the past (fixed in a timely manner). This will be my first pure investment purchase, my experience up to now has involved house hacking. That was what I thought I would do again, but then I came across this deal. I will have to scramble some to come up with a bigger down payment than I expected and that is making me a little nervous. Does anyone have any experience with these types of tenants? Have any advice? I am researching myself, but want to leave my question open ended to see if something is brought up that I have not thought of. I appreciate any assistance with this matter. 

Loading replies...