Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
David S Roberts
  • Morrison, CO
Votes |
Permitting for STR in Unincorporated Jefferson County, CO / 1 Acre Requirement

David S Roberts
  • Morrison, CO
Posted

Hi All! First post here. Question to folks who are operating a STR in Unincorporated Jefferson, County, CO. We have a property there that we are in process of converting to a STR. I understand that the county is in process of revising policy, but a couple of questions. First, I have read that many people are not obtaining permits. Is this the case? First question is why not? Second is about the the "minimum 1-acre" requirement. Is there any logic behind why they make the parcel size a requirement? There are several STR's on AiR B&B that do not abide this; are they likely operating outside of permits or does the county make exceptions?

User Stats

Votes
Garrett Brown
Pro Member
#4 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
#4 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Houston, TX
Replied

Hey @David S Roberts , welcome! I am not familiar with that particular county, but people run STRs without permits all the time. They are just playing with fire, really, but it happens everywhere. That is why most places are trying to figure out their regulations without grey areas. Is the one-acre requirement for one structure or septic per acre?