Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions

User Stats

Votes
Samuel Kelly
Votes |
introduction to the STR world.

Samuel Kelly
Posted Apr 7 2024, 13:17

Hello! I'm Sam, 

I am completely new to this world and I am super eager to jump in and learn from the incredibly knowledgeable community in this forum. 

To give you a little backstory about myself, I grew up in Sevier County TN and lived in Knoxville for most of my adult life. For the past 4 years I have been in Colorado working a corporate job. My whole life so far have been to climb the ladder and invest in retirement but I recently read Rich Dad Poor Dad and Be Obsessed or Be Average and it has completely changed my mindset on money, wealth, and life in general. My wife and I currently own and operate a small 2br 1ba STR in Knoxville that does well. Our plan is to buy our next rental in the GSM market. I personally know the area very well as I grew up there but I haven't lived there for over a decade so I know a lot has changed. I have a realtor in the area but I'm not sure of her experience in the STR world. We have some liquid capitol, some other assets, and a good amount of equity in our Knoxville home. We have not even begun looking for a lender in the area yet and I am hoping to find the right one here. The plan is to get a second home loan or any kind of loan really that allows a 10% down.

I have been listening to Avery Carl's podcast and really enjoy it. I have a few more books and podcasts on my list as well but I figured I would jump in here and introduce myself. Everyone in this industry so far has really been emphasizing building relationships and networking so here I am. I am excited to hear your words, stories and advice. thanks! 

Loading replies...