Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Samuel Boyd
  • Realtor
  • Melbourne, FL
Votes |
How accurate is AirDNA for STR revenue projection?

Samuel Boyd
  • Realtor
  • Melbourne, FL
Posted

Hello BP family,

I wanted to get some insight from other STR hosts that have operating revenue numbers. I currently have 1 STR in Palm Bay FL and I am trying to build a system for accurately predicting what revenue we could be generating for the next property we are searching for.

I think the AirDNA rentalizer tool is awesome, but I'm curious as to its accuracy. 

I've compared our actual numbers to what it projects for our property, and I found that AirDNA's projected occupancy is 67% compared to 76% that we are actually seeing. In addition, the projected average daily rate (ADR) is $244 compared to $259 that we are actually seeing (a difference in monthly revenue of about 20% underestimating.

Now this is still pretty close, and I know that it is predicting the "average" property performance based on historical data. I am just curious if other hosts have found similar accuracy or if it is way off in their scenario. Please post your properties AirDNA numbers as well as your actual numbers if you have them and are willing to share!

Loading replies...