STR Property manager in the Asheville area

STR Property manager in the Asheville area

Member since 2022 · 43 posts · 25 votes

Does anyone have any STR property management recommendations in the Asheville area, specifically Black Mountain? We are exploring the option of self managing remotely but given we are 2500 miles away, that makes me a bit nervous to not have a local contact for guest emergencies or for any issues that may arise.

Thank you!

4Reply
84 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Asheville, NC · Member since 2020 · 118 posts · 69 votes
3y



Quote from @Wade Cecil:

Reach out to @Josh Myrick. He's local, got a bunch of contacts, and is running his STR nearby (Fairview). Josh would be my goto if I had a STR in the area. He is very trustworthy and knowledgeable investor.

Thanks for the mention Wade. I can definitely be as much help as needed. We are a small family run company that puts a limit on how many properties we run so we can really focus on each.

We run our own STRS and LTRS in the areas of Fairview and Asheville currently. We have been looking all over Buncombe to expand to another but nothing good enough yet. 

We have adjustable rates because we can do as little as you want or everything. We help locate properties, furnish and decorate, manage, cohost, maintenance, and we even are expanding our direct booking website and programs. That way we can get you bookings that don’t rely solely on the OTAs. We also advertise with local travel nurses and corporate bookings to help fill weekdays and slow months.We can do social media marketing as well.

One of our properties which is usually dead all winter just got booked for 2.5 months. All under a lease and with a security deposit so we are protected. Instead of making maybe a $1000 dollars a month in winter we are set for $3300 a month. 

I would be happy to talk more with you and discuss your needs. Feel free to direct message me here and I’ll forward my cell number to you. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 
See this reply in the discussion

21 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Luke CarlPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Tennessee Florida · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    3y
    I would just read Avery's book. I don't have a local recommendation but there's always Vacasa!
  • Investor · The worst town to live in, KS · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y

    Why did you buy an STR 2500 miles away? I've got 23 and all of them are in a 7 minute driving radius of where I live. I know how to replace a lightbulb and a flapper in a toilet. That's being very modest.

    None of my houses are in the blast zone.

  • Member since 2022 · 43 posts · 25 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Paul Sandhu:

    Why did you buy an STR 2500 miles away? I've got 23 and all of them are in a 7 minute driving radius of where I live. I know how to replace a lightbulb and a flapper in a toilet. That's being very modest.

    None of my houses are in the blast zone.

    We wanted a house in this area to travel to and its a great market. I also have one 2 hours from my current home but we wanted to tap into other markets.

  • Rental Property Investor · Asheville, NC · Member since 2016 · 67 posts · 62 votes
    3y

    I'll send you some recommendations!  Good luck @Marcelle Abel!

  • Investor · Asheville, NC · Member since 2020 · 56 posts · 33 votes
    3y

    @Marcelle Abel  There are a couple of bigger PM companies that work out of Black Mountain.  Greybeard Rentals and Carolina Mornings are two of the names that pop up here.  I've stayed at a place managed by Carolina; it was so so.

    We're local in Black Mountain.  If you're looking for something less formal, feel free to connect with me, and we can chat more.

  • Member since 2022 · 43 posts · 25 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Christian Longacre:

    I'll send you some recommendations!  Good luck @Marcelle Abel!


     Thank you!

  • Interior Decorator · Charlotte NC · Member since 2022 · 48 posts · 32 votes
    3y

    @Marcelle Abel. I would recommend Carolina Mornings, iTRip Charlotte, Rabbu

  • Michael BaumPro Member
    Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    3y

    If you get a good cleaner @Marcelle Abel, they can be your boots on the ground. We are not nearly as far away at 360 miles, but I just setup a furnace service and our cleaner is going to meet them there.

    I also have great neighbors (one specifically) I can call if there is an immediate concern. He calls or texts me if he sees something awry.

    Setup good people and make friends with neighbors and you can do it!

  • Asheville, NC · Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 5 votes
    3y

    Reach out to @Josh Myrick. He's local, got a bunch of contacts, and is running his STR nearby (Fairview). Josh would be my goto if I had a STR in the area. He is very trustworthy and knowledgeable investor.

  • Real Estate Agent · Asheville, NC · Member since 2020 · 118 posts · 69 votes
    3y



    Quote from @Wade Cecil:

    Reach out to @Josh Myrick. He's local, got a bunch of contacts, and is running his STR nearby (Fairview). Josh would be my goto if I had a STR in the area. He is very trustworthy and knowledgeable investor.

    Thanks for the mention Wade. I can definitely be as much help as needed. We are a small family run company that puts a limit on how many properties we run so we can really focus on each.

    We run our own STRS and LTRS in the areas of Fairview and Asheville currently. We have been looking all over Buncombe to expand to another but nothing good enough yet. 

    We have adjustable rates because we can do as little as you want or everything. We help locate properties, furnish and decorate, manage, cohost, maintenance, and we even are expanding our direct booking website and programs. That way we can get you bookings that don’t rely solely on the OTAs. We also advertise with local travel nurses and corporate bookings to help fill weekdays and slow months.We can do social media marketing as well.

    One of our properties which is usually dead all winter just got booked for 2.5 months. All under a lease and with a security deposit so we are protected. Instead of making maybe a $1000 dollars a month in winter we are set for $3300 a month. 

    I would be happy to talk more with you and discuss your needs. Feel free to direct message me here and I’ll forward my cell number to you. 

    Looking forward to hearing from you. 
  • Jaron WallingPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y

    Asheville is such a good market.  

  • Lien VuongBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Boston, MA · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    @Anthony Gallo does your PM company service this area? 

  • Member since 2022 · 43 posts · 25 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Jaron Walling:

    Asheville is such a good market.  


    Agreed! Although we live across the US, I wanted to have a STR there. The year round occupancy is a lot better than our West Coast STR.

  • Member since 2022 · 43 posts · 25 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Wade Cecil:

    Reach out to @Josh Myrick. He's local, got a bunch of contacts, and is running his STR nearby (Fairview). Josh would be my goto if I had a STR in the area. He is very trustworthy and knowledgeable investor.


     Thank you!!

  • Asheville North Carolina · Member since 2022 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    Hello, I live about 30 minutes from Black mountain in the Canton area. I offer simple chores like lawn Care, brush removal, landscaping, pressure washing, and gutter cleaning.

    other than that the only thing I could offer is boots on the ground to inspect a potential issue and call a few local contracting companies for that specific issue to get the best quote.

  • Member since 2022 · 43 posts · 25 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Michael R Monteagudo:

    Hello, I live about 30 minutes from Black mountain in the Canton area. I offer simple chores like lawn Care, brush removal, landscaping, pressure washing, and gutter cleaning.

    other than that the only thing I could offer is boots on the ground to inspect a potential issue and call a few local contracting companies for that specific issue to get the best quote.


     Thank you so much!

  • Real Estate Agent · Outer Banks, NC · Member since 2019 · 168 posts · 116 votes
    3y

    I have a few rentals in Black Mountain and I self manage from a far (7 hour drive) and I have had great luck going that route.  There are lots of vendors around Asheville so its been easy to find any one I need if something needs fixing.  Of course, good cleaners make all the difference.  Reach out if you have any questions. 

  • Investor · Germany · Member since 2019 · 18 posts · 4 votes
    3y

    @John Mausteller do you have long term, or short term rentals that you are managing?  7 hours is almost the same as being out of state but nice if you need to handle something yourself.

  • Real Estate Agent · Outer Banks, NC · Member since 2019 · 168 posts · 116 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Lauren Salvani:

    @John Mausteller do you have long term, or short term rentals that you are managing?  7 hours is almost the same as being out of state but nice if you need to handle something yourself.

    Short term 
  • Real Estate Agent · Asheville, NC · Member since 2020 · 67 posts · 39 votes
    3y

    @Josh Myrick - super cool to know about your services! This sounds like a unique, custom PM solution that I'm certain will be a huge asset to our community! Amazing!

  • Real Estate Agent · Asheville, NC · Member since 2020 · 118 posts · 69 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Josh Myrick:



    Quote from @Wade Cecil:

    Reach out to @Josh Myrick. He's local, got a bunch of contacts, and is running his STR nearby (Fairview). Josh would be my goto if I had a STR in the area. He is very trustworthy and knowledgeable investor.

    Thanks for the mention Wade. I can definitely be as much help as needed. We are a small family run company that puts a limit on how many properties we run so we can really focus on each.

    We run our own STRS and LTRS in the areas of Fairview and Asheville currently. We have been looking all over Buncombe to expand to another but nothing good enough yet. 

    We have adjustable rates because we can do as little as you want or everything. We help locate properties, furnish and decorate, manage, cohost, maintenance, and we even are expanding our direct booking website and programs. That way we can get you bookings that don’t rely solely on the OTAs. We also advertise with local travel nurses and corporate bookings to help fill weekdays and slow months.We can do social media marketing as well.

    One of our properties which is usually dead all winter just got booked for 2.5 months. All under a lease and with a security deposit so we are protected. Instead of making maybe a $1000 dollars a month in winter we are set for $3300 a month. 

    I would be happy to talk more with you and discuss your needs. Feel free to direct message me here and I’ll forward my cell number to you. 

    Looking forward to hearing from you. 

     I wanted to send an update. Some other services we can offer, is accepting package shipments prior to setup time. We have a 1200 sq foot space that we can store your packages if you are traveling from out of the area. We also can help load and move all the packages when you arrive and are ready to setup. We are looking into some property damage policies that would help cover damages whether on the OTAs or through a direct booking. And we are building a new direct booking website to list all properties we own and manage. It will essentially function as a mini OTA that only lists our properties. 

    We have tons of pricing arrangements from completely alacarte/pay per service or adjustable percentage rates. We are also will to consult if you are trying to manage yourself and just need a little help to shorten the learning curve. 

    If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. We would love to help any way we can.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.