Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Royce Anies
Votes |
Getting into Mid-term rentals in indianapolis.

Royce Anies
Posted

Hi everyone,

I’m a nurse  from California looking into investing in a mid-term rental in Indianapolis. I have family in Indiana, which is why I decided to choose this market and and renting to other nurses felt aligned with my goals and my passion. I’d love to connect with anyone who has information on the Indianapolis market. My partner and I are looking at both long-term and mid-term rentals (MTR) with MTR 
being the main focus. If you’re an investor, agent, lender, or have any insights on travel nurse agency in Indianapolis, Let’s connect! 

User Stats

Votes
Paul Sandhu#4 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Investor
  • The worst town to live in, KS
Votes |
Paul Sandhu#4 Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions Contributor
  • Investor
  • The worst town to live in, KS
Replied

You are too focused.  Forget about renting to just travel nurses.  Rent to traveling workers.  I've epoused my feelings on travel nurses.

User Stats

Votes
Kerry Noble Jr
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Replied

im in indy and i actually recruit nurses lol

BiggerPockets logo
PassivePockets is here!
|
BiggerPockets
Find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Royce Anies
Votes |
Replied
Quote from @Paul Sandhu:

You are too focused.  Forget about renting to just travel nurses.  Rent to traveling workers.  I've epoused my feelings on travel nurses.

Traveling professionals is definitely the goal. My apologies if it came off tunnel vision. I’m open to all traveling professionals, but i recognize that traveling nurses/healthcare professionals make up one of the largest demographics of the mid term market. Thank you for helping clarify that

User Stats

Votes
Jennie Lyday
  • Investor
  • Avon, IN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Avon, IN
Replied

Hi, I am a nurse and investor in Indiana.  We live near Indianapolis but invest in Terre Haute, Indiana.  We have 2 mid term rentals and are adding more.  We have had different healthcare professionals not just nursing which is great.  My husband is a realtor and contractor so real estate is his full time career.  Best of luck with getting into the Indiana market.  

User Stats

Votes
Gloria N Gear
Agent
  • Realtor
  • Indianapolis IN
Votes |
Agent
  • Realtor
  • Indianapolis IN
Replied

@Royce Anies -- I do not personally have mid-term rentals yet, but I would like to!!  How I think I can help you is that I worked extensively with out of state investors and could help you identify areas.  would love to have a conversation and learn from you as well.

@Jennie Lyday - I would like to connect with you too, I have a friend that has been trying to talk me into investing in Terre Haute.

I have 2 nieces that were travelling nurses. One of my clients has been a travelling respiratory therapist since covid began and house hacks in every market he transfers too - brilliant!  And then there are several corporations in Indy have temporary contract workers on a regular basis -- Eli Lilly, Rolls Royce, and Sales Force are the ones that immediately come to mind -- I think mid-term is a great play for this area.

User Stats

Votes
Spencer Black
Pro Member
  • Investor
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
Replied

Royce, are you still looking for mid-terms in Indy?